Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

'He' Will Sign!.

This is more for the new posters on here.

Way, way back in July, I had a vision appear in my legendary balls (Crystal that is!) where I saw Marlon Harewood (not that bloody subject again wiz!) signing for City.

I also explained at that time about the vagueness of ''times lines'' and how it was impossible for me to pinpoint a date.

Well, have you read the EDP today?.

Trust me, ''HE'' will sign.

Maybe my cloudy balls, didn''t need repairing after all.

I''m also convinced that he will sign. I have felt this since malky left to go to the hammers. i reckon a deal was probably agreed back then, maybe a first option at 1.5 mill???

Worthy seems determined to buy the team that spanked us 4-0 at the City Ground two seasons ago...

Ward, Louis-Jean, Dawson, Hjelde, Brennan, Williams, Scimeca, Reid, Harewood, Johnson, Huckerby.

[quote]Worthy seems determined to buy the team that spanked us 4-0 at the City Ground two season ago... Ward , Louis-Jean, Dawson, Hjelde, Brennan , Williams, Scimeca , Reid, Harewood , Johnson, Hucker...[/quote]

Harewood, Reid & Dawson all welcome

I am not convinced Wiz,

I think Worthy is now refusing to comment on any player so that his target can''t be weasled out of him by trial and error.

You may be reading into his words what you want to hear. I M V H O

Peter,

The one man in that team I would prefer more than six Harewoods , Reid.

Unbelievable really when you think about the team Forest had. Just look at the state of them now. When they reached the play-offs a couple of seasons back i thought they would push on and gain promotion but they look more likely to do a Sheffield Wednesday these days.

I too would much rather have Reid than Harewood, even if the latter was free. However we still have priorities in other position than midfield, eith defence and a goal scorer, opposed to another attacker, being the two key players we have to sign...OTBC

"Some poster''s on here, have really lost the plot just lately, and they call me potty!.

Your transfer targets, despite only £1.2 lousy million quid for the budget, are as usual, quite ludicrous.

Harewood, Ashton, Grouch (again!) et.al, will cost well in excess of £3.5 million, so get real."

Can anyone guess who posted this a couple of weeks ago?

[quote]I too would much rather have Reid than Harewood, even if the latter was free. However we still have priorities in other position than midfield, eith defence and a goal scorer, opposed to another at...[/quote]

I''m not sure ''HE'' will be the best signing for us Zipper (I prefer Roberts of Wigan!) only that I believe he will join City.

And that''s a different story altogether.

[quote]"Some poster''s on here, have really lost the plot just lately, and they call me potty!. Your transfer targets, despite only £1.2 lousy million quid for the budget, are as usual, quite ludicrous. ...[/quote]

Apart from your very personal vendetta against me WC (your initials seem appropriate!) just what is your problem in life, chill out and take a stress pill.

When I try to be positive, you still can''t resist it can you?.

Of all the posters I''ve ever come across, you are without doubt, the biggest victim of the Wizards 1st rule, I''ve ever come across.

PS. The origin of the wizards 1st rule by the way, is nothing to do with me!.

And until you find the solution to it, a lot of us will just sit here with a knowing smile on our faces. 

[quote]I''m not sure ''HE'' will be the best signing for us Zipper (I prefer Roberts of Wigan!) only that I believe he will join City. And that''s a different story altogether.[/quote]

Roberts hardly cut much ice in the Premier when at WBA though did he?

I know it was Megson/they were a poor team etc etc, but has not necessarily proved up to it before!

Besides which Wigan would never let him go, and we need them to get promoted to keep the Scum out of at least 1 of the places don''t we?

"Apart from your very personal vendetta against me WC (your initials seem appropriate!) just what is your problem in life, chill out and take a stress pill."

Heh heh, touched a nerve?!

I was merely pointing out what you''d said a few weeks previously...you do seem to change your mind at the drop of a (pointy) hat.

Is your "First Rule" anything to do with glass houses and throwing stones? If not, maybe it should be...

Anyway, enough with the Wizard teasing - a well-connected Westminster birdie told me this morning we''re interested in taking Malcolm Christie on loan from Middlesborough for the rest of the season...

''Wizard''s first rule'' is a nothing in my opinion; a complete waste of time. I wont give it away, as 1st Wizard requests, just to say that it''s nothing worth thinking about...unless of course 1st Wizard didn''t explain it very well and there''s more to it...otherwise it''s extremely childish and pointless.

Anyway, as for Harewood, if we pay over £1m for him, I''ll be disappointed...he''s never really been prolific, certainly nothing in his history to suggest he''ll be a 10-15 goals a season man for us, which is what we need. Is he really a big enough improvement on McKenzie or Svensson? If the board will allow Nigel to push out, then we should go for Euell, who we should be able to get for a couple of mill (if Charlton are willing to negotiate that is, and I can''t see why they wouldn''t to be honest)

A little question for you:

Who is the only current Premiership player who has won the: FA Cup, Premier League, Champions League, World Cup and European Championship?

The first person with the correct answer wins my respect!

[quote]"Some poster''s on here, have really lost the plot just lately, and they call me potty!. Your transfer targets, despite only £1.2 lousy million quid for the budget, are as usual, quite ludicrous. ...[/quote]

I also meant to add, that out of your 8 posts already made, most, if not all, have been aimed at taking a pop at me.

This leaves me to conclude that:

(a) you have nothing positive to contribute, even I manage at times to have sensible discussions on here, rare yes, but I do.

(b) you are more concerned with point scoring against a particular poster, rather than discussions on City.

(3) your loathing of me, has reached such a high level in your brain, that it overrides any other thought process you might wish to put in it!.

So if you wish to continue doing this, that''s fine by me.

Because from now on I shall ignore any challenge to reply (In My Opinion) to your vindictive posts.

[quote]Roberts hardly cut much ice in the Premier when at WBA though did he? I know it was Megson/they were a poor team etc etc, but has not necessarily proved up to it before! Besides which Wigan would ne...[/quote]

Having watched him on Sky twice this year, and of course against City last year. I know he can be a right hand full.

Plus for a big lad he has great ball control.

But you''re right Shropshire, Wigan would want a fortune for him, mind you, but I can''t see him getting into the prem with them!.

As for ''them'', don''t worry, they''re not good enough.

Sunderland and West Ham, will be the two automatic promoted teams, and the binners will fail again in the play offs, bank on it my friend.

I have to admit it is looking more and more likely that he will Wiz.  This begs the question therefore:

How much money have we REALLY got to shop with in January???  West Ham wouldn''t let him go for £1.2M!

[quote]''Wizard''s first rule'' is a nothing in my opinion; a complete waste of time. I wont give it away, as 1st Wizard requests, just to say that it''s nothing worth thinking about...unless of course 1st Wizar...[/quote]

Campbell: I''m not being awkward for the sake of it, but IMO, I do think Harewood is better than Leon, who I also rate highly, and yes I do think he could be a 15 goal a season man, especially if we do go down!.

And according to two West Ham fan sites today, because they are so hard up, they don''t expect Pardew will ask for more than £1 million for him.

Time will tell I guess.

I had a nagging doubt that needed scratching and the full French squad for 1998 was without Le Sulk so is the question one without an answer.

Full 1998 WC winning squad was...
1 GK Bernard Lama
2 DF Vincent Candela
3 DF Bixente Lizarazu
4 MD Patrick Viera
5 DF Laurent Blanc
6 MD Youri Djorkaeff
7 MD Didier Deschamps
8 DF Marcel Desailly
9 FW Stephane Guivarc''h
10 MD Zinedine Zidane
11 MD Robert Pires
12 FW Thierry Henry
13 MD Bernard
14 MD Alain Boghossian
15 DF Lilian Thuram
16 GK Fabien Barthez
17 MD Emmanuel Petit
18 DF Frank Leboeuf
19 MD Christian Karembeu
20 FW David Trezeguet
21 FW Christophe Dugarry
22 GK Lionel Charbonnier

OTBC

[quote]Campbell: I''m not being awkward for the sake of it, but IMO, I do think Harewood is better than Leon, who I also rate highly, and yes I do think he could be a 15 goal a season man, especially if we do...[/quote]

We could do worse for our money, but we could do a lot better also. He just seems a bit clumsy to me, and is too inconsistent. He can''t be that good a striker if Pardew stuck him on the right for most of last season...

[quote]I have to admit it is looking more and more likely that he will Wiz. This begs the question therefore: How much money have we REALLY got to shop with in January??? West Ham wouldn''t let him go for ...[/quote]

Read my post below yours DD.

Stuff the turkey (oh, you do, don''t you?) roll on January I say mate!.

Please tell me this is a wind up! I thought the whole idea of the January Transfer window was to add quality to the squad not sign some fat oaf. Ricardo Fuller looked good in the Chumpionship and he is hardly shining at Pompey. IMHO if we signed Harewood we would be a step closer to the Chumpionship. I''d rather sign a foreigner or a Premiership Benchboy than a lower league player.

If Harewood becomes our Record Signing then it will be an embarrassment to the club. Why not make Heskey our record signing too?

[quote]I also meant to add, that out of your 8 posts already made, most, if not all, have been aimed at taking a pop at me. This leaves me to conclude that: (a) you have nothing positive to contribute, eve...[/quote]

Points a, b and 3!! very good Wizard, gave me a chuckle, intentional or not?

After Westminster Canary''s latest little dig at you, is it possible that .......................................................

W.C is actually your other good friend, M.I.T.S.

Just a thought!!!!!!

[quote]I had a nagging doubt that needed scratching and the full French squad for 1998 was without Le Sulk so is the question one without an answer. Full 1998 WC winning squad was... 1 GK Bernard Lama 2 DF...[/quote]

Apologies! I must have thrown ''Word Cup'' winner into the equation by mistake...

[quote]We could do worse for our money, but we could do a lot better also. He just seems a bit clumsy to me, and is too inconsistent. He can''t be that good a striker if Pardew stuck him on the right for mo...[/quote]

Pardew playing him on the right, so he can''t be that good!:

Well, thats not popular with the Hammers fans either Campbell, but that says more about Pardew than Harewood in my opinion.

However, according to the EDP today, Pardew has just said that he (Harewood) won''t be going anywhere in January!.

Oh well, back to the drawing board again I guess.