Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk exile

Gunn sacking cost

Reading through the accounts this evening. Overall a pretty shocking read. Doesn''t take a journo to see they are lining up the sale of the ground - looks like they are getting a professional estimate - I wonder if this was the decision they needed to take before releasing the accounts.

Anyway I noticed there is a little footnote regarding Gunn. Looks like the total cost of his and his teams sacking is 100k. Alot of money to many of us, but seems paultry in this day and age especially as they had only just agreed a contracts and we are talking 3 or 4 heads. He needs a better agent as well as some tactical nouse if he were ever to get back into management...

Like the Barclaycard adverts.Sacking Bryan Gunn - £100kSacking Ian Butterworth - £50kGetting someone in who knows what he''s doing... priceless.

BG didn''t need a better agent - he needed AN agent.  He doesn''t have one although he was warned.

Mr Roeder on the other hand DID have an agent.............................[+o(]

[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Like the Barclaycard adverts.

Sacking Bryan Gunn - £100k
Sacking Ian Butterworth - £50k
Getting someone in who knows what he''s doing... priceless.

[/quote]

master card [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Like the Barclaycard adverts.Sacking Bryan Gunn - £100kSacking Ian Butterworth - £50kGetting someone in who knows what he''s doing... priceless.[/quote]

Brilliant stuff! :)

[quote user="morty"]Gunn should pay US compensation FFS.[;)][/quote]If we get back to the championship on Holts goals then we can consider him as a final ''gift'' from Gunn.... thank god he didn''t blow that £500,000 on someone potentially worse!

[quote user="Graham PaddonS Beard"]Gunn used the LMA and they are/were looking into compensation.[/quote]

Yes I know who he employed and that''s exactly where he went wrong.  Unfortunately they aren''t very good at it which is why nearly everyone else employs an independent agent just in case - preferably a real barsteward.

You ended up paying Mr Roeder''s house rental for quite a long time.  Top man his agent.  Norwich signed it.  That was then of course.  Silly old Bryan.[:|]

The current LMA model contract works okay in the Blue Square Premier but founders a bit beyond that.

Usual rules.[:O]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Yep I read that too, think only him and Butterworth left so thats circa £50K each!!

A lot less than I feared!!![/quote]No no no no no.As all the usual looneys declared back when it happened, Gunn and Co were all cronies milking us for millions.You know it''s true. It''s the random invented internet history of NCFC.

[quote user="Herb"]
No no no no no.

As all the usual looneys declared back when it happened, Gunn and Co were all cronies milking us for millions.

[/quote]

I''m sure those loonies will be back on here today to apologise for insinuating that Gunny was bleeding the club dry. Really, I am [:|][;)]

Um... just some quick question, if we were to sell the ground in an attempt to clear our debts...

would we be able to expand the capacity?

Who would maintain the upkeep of the ground?

How much whould it cost to rent back?

It seems to me that we are admitting defeat on being able to run effectively and claw back some debt. If we sell the ground, in the short term we will be much healthier, but in the long term, would we ever be able to buy the ground back?

I''ll tell my friend who is related to the owner of the house in Bridgham. He will be very interest to know that the rent was paid for "quite a long time" as GR left a few weeks after his sacking.