Sign in to follow this  
dreamteam

Dont sit in the home end!!!!

Massage from Mr Cowling.

Cowling warns rogue Canary fans

STUART WATSON

Last updated: 11/01/2010 09:20:00

ROGUE Norwich City fans found in the home section for Saturday''s emotionally-charged East Anglian derby at Colchester will be immediately ejected by stewards.

That is the promise of U''s chairman and owner Robbie Cowling after fears were raised that Canaries supporters were beating the system to purchase home tickets.

Cowling enraged Norwich fans and staff alike with his decision not to extend the basic allocation of 1,900 seats - the whole of the North Stand - for the visiting Norfolk supporters.

And with more than 1,100 Norwich fans who applied for an away ticket to the game being left disappointed, many have subsequently attempted to find a seat elsewhere in the ground.

Colchester box office staff have been monitoring the sales history and postcodes of buyers in a desperate attempt to prevent this happening, however, a number of Norwich fans have been gloating on internet message boards that they have still managed to get their hands on a ticket.

“We have discovered that a number of tickets in home areas were sold to Norwich fans,” confirmed Cowling.

“We have since got in touch with them, cancelled those tickets, given them their money back and then resold the tickets to genuine home supporters.

“If any Norwich fans are still to be found in the home sections on the day then they will have to be removed from the stadium because we can''t have that.”

Norwich City Independent Supporters'' Association secretary Kathy Blake slammed Cowling''s decision, saying: “It is a classic own goal as far as their chairman goes and if City fans get into the Colchester end and there''s trouble, he has only got himself to blame.”

However, Cowling - whose decision not to extend away allocation has been vindicated following the news that the 10,000 capacity Weston Homes Community Stadium is now sold-out for the game - has hit back at such claims.

He said: “Why should we have given them extra seats? We have given them a whole stand and we will fill the rest with our own fans.”

Cowling''s ill-feeling towards the Canaries stems from manager Paul Lambert''s defection from the U''s to Norwich last August - just weeks after masterminding a 7-1 victory at Carrow Road on the opening day of the season.

The Colchester owner spent three months trying to privately settle a compensation package with Norwich but in the end lost patience and reported them to the Football League.

Cowling has since called upon the authorities to deduct Norwich points, said he ''would rather see an empty seat than an away supporter'' at Saturday''s game and has said he ''has never wanted to win a game of football so badly''.

Norwich are currently second-place in the League One table, but fourth-place Colchester are just six points behind with two games in hand

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]The only reason it''s a sell out is because of the Norwich fans in the home end. What a complete and utter tool.[/quote]

Ive bought three tickets in the home end and im 100% certain i wont get found out! and where im sitting i know of approximately 10-15 more norwich fans in the same area! i estimate at least 400 norwich fans will be sat in home areas. It could be complete chaos for stewards, but its all been bought on by their chairmen. Bring it on!!!

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]The only reason it''s a sell out is because of the Norwich fans in the home end. What a complete and utter tool.[/quote]

Hate to disagree but that simply isn''t true. I know several colchester fans at work who haven''t been able to get tickets - they obviously left it too late so tough on them but it would sell out with or without the few hundred city fans buying in the home end.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]

We dont have a Westham following, more likely to be Spurs and Gooners around here.

Southend get all the Westham fans.

[/quote]

Cowling is a lifelong Wham fan himself - he makes no secret of it! It was only a few years ago that Jobserve were shirt sponsors for Wham.

I wonder on what legal basis Cowling can eject Norwich fans ? I didn''t apply for a ticket but I assume that when applications were made there was no written condition as part of the offer/contract to sell that Norwich fans must not sit in any part of the ground apart from the designated away end.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Catch us if you can Mr Cowling.  Ha.ha,ha.[;)]
[/quote]

People will always find a way in that is human nature, like I said I got friends from Bury st Edmunds to get a load for me, And we are not daft enought to get spotted inside or out, and we won''t be wearing colours on show. This mr cowling is nothing more than a dipstick who is acting like a child that has dropped his lolly on the beach, my grandson shows more brains than he does. All I say is "IF THERE IS TROUBLE ITS YOUR FAULT" Catch us if you can, Lambert is King     

I don''t think they need a legal reason....

its probably in the FA rules somewhere anyway...

plus its COlchester''s ground, so they can remove people can''t they? its like you owning/working in a shop, and not being able to kick someone out......

why is everyone so obssed with going?

what if we lose 7-1 again?

Easily avoided though. Just be quiet, enjoy the game and don''t make a scene.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

I don''t think they need a legal reason....

its probably in the FA rules somewhere anyway...

plus its COlchester''s ground, so they can remove people can''t they? its like you owning/working in a shop, and not being able to kick someone out......

why is everyone so obssed with going?

what if we lose 7-1 again?

[/quote]You don''t pay to get into a shop.

from a legl point of view I doubt they can eject you unless you are being anti social, for instance cheering Norwich goals. So if all the Norwich fans behave and keep any celebration muted they will be fine. I''d like to see on what grounds they would eject people for, it''s all talk.

I find this really bizarre

Firstly I have sat in the home end at many games over the years, not ideal but not really a problem (although sitting in amongst the Millwall fans at the old den was not an experience I would like to repeat, not making a sound when you win is not fun) Selhurst Park many times (I used to go with a customer who was a Palace fan and always had a laugh with the home fans) This season I went to Brentford as a last minute thing (wish I hadn''t bothered !)

I can only really see this being an issue in 2 ways

1) Taking tickets away from home supporters , I can imagine people would be annoyed if they knew people that couldn''t get tickets and found the ground full of away fans (just like the plastic Mancs always used to annoy me, although never saw them get thrown out) but Colchester have NEVER sold out the ground.

2)  People act like tossers and shout their mouths off and therefore should be thrown out anyway

I didnt realise we lived in a Police state where you had to pass some sort of test to watch a game of football. Ironically I sat beside 2 Colchester supporters at Carrow Rd on the first day of the Season wearing colours and everything, I had no problem with it, I think they were more embarrased than I was.

I''m fairly sure you can be ejected for breaking ground regulations, and that can then lead to the dread banning order, especially if Essex Police do their usual.

However, sit, watch and enjoy, no stupid gestures or jumping around at the wrong time and I''m sure you wil get no problem.

Although a 7-1 Norwich win has to be the dream, I am hoping for a last minute winner as there will be no stopping me from jumping up. It will be great to see how many city supporters are really in the home end then.

Watching the "Premiership Years" on Sky last week from 92/93 it was staggering to see ow many Man U fans were in the home ends at both Carrow Road and Portman Road when they played there. Half the Riverend jumps up when they score and I can vividly remember the carnage in the Barclay due to the numbers of their fans in there.

At Portman Road there is even a large group of Man United fans sat at the front of the north stand with a large united flag!

How many times have we seen these threats over the years, clubs never throw away fans out in home areas unless they are winding up the locals and getting into fights.

Col U stewards on £5 an hour are not going to care unless its kicking off!

[quote user="UEAstudent"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]The only reason it''s a sell out is because of the Norwich fans in the home end. What a complete and utter tool.[/quote] Hate to disagree but that simply isn''t true. I know several colchester fans at work who haven''t been able to get tickets - they obviously left it too late so tough on them but it would sell out with or without the few hundred city fans buying in the home end.[/quote]

I really don''t think so.  Random people from the Essex villages buying them up and selling them back to City fans at inflated prices.

They have never sold out before and there is no way that they would of done for this game if Cowling had kept his gob shut.