Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Brentfords FA Cup tie frozen off

Hopefully means our game against Walsall can be on Saturday 23rd now.

Be nice to have a large contingent there. I''ll certainly be one and was dreading tomorrow night''s game going ahead and having the dilema of risking the roads, having retained the original match ticket instead of getting a refund.

[quote user="Bexley"]

Hopefully means our game against Walsall can be on Saturday 23rd now.

Be nice to have a large contingent there. I''ll certainly be one and was dreading tomorrow night''s game going ahead and having the dilema of risking the roads, having retained the original match ticket instead of getting a refund.

[/quote]

Won''t this guarantee that our game against Walsall ISN''T the 23rd? As Brentford are due to play Doncaster on the 19th, how can we commit to play Walsall?

Walsall game more likely to be 26th I think.

Sorry - I asumed that they would have to meet again on the next scheduled FA Cup weekend - 23rd.

Didn''t realise it''d been re-arranged for 19th. Oh well, here''s hoping that game is called off too.

[quote user="Bexley"]

Sorry - I asumed that they would have to meet again on the next scheduled FA Cup weekend - 23rd.

Didn''t realise it''d been re-arranged for 19th. Oh well, here''s hoping that game is called off too.

[/quote]

To be honest, although I''d like the Walsall game on a Saturday so I can go, I''d rather Brentford lost on the 19th so we could play them on the 23rd, the Walsall game won''t be on the 23rd either way, so I don''t much want a Saturday without football.

I am hoping that Walsall are sensible and arrange for back end of March at the earliest now.

Even if midweek, if it it is left until late March at the earliest then it should ensure that it is not cancelled again.  If we leave it at least a couple of months now then we will see a healthy away following (hopefully more than would of gone to the original fixture which was a sell out for us).

[quote user="Smudger"]

I am hoping that Walsall are sensible and arrange for back end of March at the earliest now.

Even if midweek, if it it is left until late March at the earliest then it should ensure that it is not cancelled again.  If we leave it at least a couple of months now then we will see a healthy away following (hopefully more than would of gone to the original fixture which was a sell out for us).

[/quote]Er, Smudge, mate ?  You forgot to blame Delia...Actually this whole post is far too sensible - have you been "Whittled" ?

It is obviously difficult for fans, but from a hard-nosed, professional point of view (ie Lambert''s) it makes sense to try to play on a Saturday that would otherwise be spare rather than have three games in eight days later on.