Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

A Plea To The Fans

Don''t do anything silly.Yes, the arse-chinned, Alan Sugar wannabe has turned it into a grudge match, but even in the event of inevitable provocation you must act responsible.Can you imagine the delight arse-chin would wallow in if we were to get a points deduction?Stay cool.

That''s one for an argument isnt it, you could argue the Norwich fans for buying tickets against ground regulations and Colchester for not ''segregating'' properly.

Fine for both clubs probably, larger for Col Utd as the home club and banning orders all round for those involved in trouble.

Thats my guess anyway

Sounds about right to me. Although would be harsh to fine city as how could we have done anything about it? Anyway, I don''t think there''ll be any trouble. This "rivallry" is very real, and really there shouldn''t be any ill feeling between the supporters.

Just a word of warning, I went to the Col U v Peterborough match last season and I estimate there were about 80-100 boro fans in the home end all grouped together, they didn''t cause a problem and had no issues but at the final whistle a handful of boro fans were celebrating down the front of the away end and the police were very heavy handed and got the dogs in and it got a bit nasty at one point. The boro fans weren''t being over the top they were just celebrating their promotion but the police were very heavy handed, so if we win just be mindful how you celebrate.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I agree. But out of curiosity, who would get in trouble if there was a fight in the home end? Col U I assume because they sold tickets to Norwich fans....?

[/quote]

Do Col U have a legal responsibility to check that only their fans are buying tickets for the home ends? I''m not entirely sure that they do (didn''t Fulham have a ''neutral'' area when we went there on the last day of the season and got thumped 6-0?) and I think it''s more than likely down to the individual concerned to behave themselves.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I agree. But out of curiosity, who would get in trouble if there was a fight in the home end? Col U I assume because they sold tickets to Norwich fans....?

[/quote]

Do Col U have a legal responsibility to check that only their fans are buying tickets for the home ends? I''m not entirely sure that they do (didn''t Fulham have a ''neutral'' area when we went there on the last day of the season and got thumped 6-0?) and I think it''s more than likely down to the individual concerned to behave themselves.

[/quote]

Good point Shack.

The Colchester ground regulations are there for all to read on their website.25 of them in total and No.13 states...... areas exclusively for the use of home or visiting supporters are clearly marked and any supporter attempting to enter the wrong area will be refused admission or if found within the wrong area may be ejected from the ground.

This will make for a very interesting afternoon and from previous visits to Colchester and Southend which obviously also falls under the domain of Essex Police the numbers on duty,attitude and dress code adopted by them on the day always smacks that they are on the lookout and prepared for trouble.Sad and OTT in my view but unfortunately that is how it will be.

Well said.It is only us that will look stupid, and sully our otherwise good reputation.

I struggle to see what the police should do about it even if they Norwich fans are sitting in the home ends, as long as the Norwich fans are not breaking any laws what can the police do about it? So what if it says in Col Who''s ground regulations that fans must be segregated, couple of points here, (i) Fulham did have a neutral area, (ii) the Forrest Donny game earlier in the season had both sets of fans sitting with each other with no problems.

Finally, for arguement''s sake I organise a gathering of people and draw up regulations of who can stand where and what not.  The police then ask me to pay them so they can police the event and ensure there will be no trouble. I agree to this. However when somebody I don''t like stands with us and doesn''t do anything I can''t turn around and go to the police I don''t like that person, can you move them. They would just laugh at me. The police are not Colchester''s perosnal security firm, as long as Norwich fans aren''t breaking the law there shouldn''t be a problem, but I understand that the police now have powers to move people because they think they might commit an offence. If this is the case and somebody does get removed for this I would take them to court and contest the legality of such a law.

[quote user="morty"]Well said.

It is only us that will look stupid, and sully our otherwise good reputation.
[/quote]

I agree, but unfortunately the game will attract ''the element'' who only come out for a punch up.  I expect the police will have their eye on the usual suspects though.  Are any of them still in jail after the brawl at Leicester?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]Well said.It is only us that will look stupid, and sully our otherwise good reputation.[/quote]

I agree, but unfortunately the game will attract ''the element'' who only come out for a punch up.  I expect the police will have their eye on the usual suspects though.  Are any of them still in jail after the brawl at Leicester?

[/quote]Hopefully the club will have a list of said people and not sold them tickets, I know this process isn''t infallible but its all we have!I should imagine the Leicester guys will all be subject to football banning orders and the fuzz will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for them!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the Norwich fans in the home end behave themselves i personnally haven''t got a problem with it,we are all there for the same reason and that is to enjoy what could be a good game of football.. Most Norwich fans who are going in the home stands sound like they will just sit there and watch the game which is fine but unfortuantly there is one or two on here who are actually going in the home end because they want trouble..

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hopefully the club will have a list of said people and not sold them tickets, I know this process isn''t infallible but its all we have!

I should imagine the Leicester guys will all be subject to football banning orders and the fuzz will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for them!
[/quote]

Also do you mind if i ask what happened at leicester?

[quote user="wedgie"]Just a word of warning, I went to the Col U v Peterborough match last season and I estimate there were about 80-100 boro fans in the home end all grouped together, they didn''t cause a problem and had no issues but at the final whistle a handful of boro fans were celebrating down the front of the away end and the police were very heavy handed and got the dogs in and it got a bit nasty at one point. The boro fans weren''t being over the top they were just celebrating their promotion but the police were very heavy handed, so if we win just be mindful how you celebrate.[/quote]They follow us to away games and act exactly the same way. That''s why we keep picking up banning orders left right and center.Peterborough was different as there wasn''t any animosity, they just wanted to celebrate their promotion and good on them for that, the same as we did at Yoevil, the only difference being Essex plod were walking around the pitch looking in to the home areas for our fans. A little different in this case, however I still feel the animosity is still mainly between the boards and not the average fans. Obviously the keyboard warriors are out in force and no doubt you''ll have some dodgy''s come down and our pubs will have the towns not really interested in football thugs waiting in them. Expect lots of section 27''s on the day and VERY heavy police presence, they don''t know how else to do it down here. Most fans will get on with supporting their team, slagging the others, well slag off your manager and you will our chairmen. Then we all go home.

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]Well said.It is only us that will look stupid, and sully our otherwise good reputation.[/quote]

[/quote]Hopefully the club will have a list of said people and not sold them tickets, I know this process isn''t infallible but its all we have!I should imagine the Leicester guys will all be subject to football banning orders and the fuzz will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for them![/quote]

[/quote]Some kind of big punch up, no doubt started by Leicester fans, I don''t know that much about it. I do know however that the vast majority of our fans aren''t interested in such things.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

The Colchester ground regulations are there for all to read on their website.25 of them in total and No.13 states...... areas exclusively for the use of home or visiting supporters are clearly marked and any supporter attempting to enter the wrong area will be refused admission or if found within the wrong area may be ejected from the ground.

This will make for a very interesting afternoon and from previous visits to Colchester and Southend which obviously also falls under the domain of Essex Police the numbers on duty,attitude and dress code adopted by them on the day always smacks that they are on the lookout and prepared for trouble.Sad and OTT in my view but unfortunately that is how it will be.

[/quote]I''m afraid, as you will even find on our boards the police are always heavy handed down here, usually only to the home fans though!!!!!

[/quote]Hopefully the club will have a list of said people and not sold them tickets, I know this process isn''t infallible but its all we have!I should imagine the Leicester guys will all be subject to football banning orders and the fuzz will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for them![/quote]

[/quote]Sadly this lot are part of our fan base and kicked off in Leicester city centre.

[link]http://www.freewebs.com/ncfcyouth/[/link]

[quote]Also do you mind if i ask what happened at leicester?[/quote]From what I read in the newspaper, there were about 6 blokes charged, mostly in their 40s, and all no doubt felt very stupid the day after.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Sadly this lot are part of our fan base and kicked off in Leicester city centre.

[link]http://www.freewebs.com/ncfcyouth/[/link][/quote]Blimey, I am genuinely shocked.

Leicester was all blokes in their 30''s and 40''s. Around 200  travelled up on the train and were met by the police who kept them away from the city centre and trouble before the game. A lot left before the game finished and met up in the city centre where the trouble erupted. Thankfully it''s not often nowadays you see Norwich fans out in numbers like this looking for trouble, most of us of that age have kids and take them to games now. Only ever seen that sort of number at Blackpool a few years back for the cup match in recent years.

Maybe if there is major crowd trouble at this tiny pigsty of a ground, it will be forced to close for a while due to a failure to maintain adequate segregation and crowd control. Now, wouldn''t that be a shame! Especially if they went out of business after suffering a massive shortfall in revenue.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Maybe if there is major crowd trouble at this tiny pigsty of a ground, it will be forced to close for a while due to a failure to maintain adequate segregation and crowd control. Now, wouldn''t that be a shame! Especially if they went out of business after suffering a massive shortfall in revenue.[/quote]

Nice

It wasn''t really a riot was it. It was a bit of a fracas which from what i can gather involved about 20 aside and saw our lot "run" a similar sized group of Leicecter lads only for most of them to end up with ridiculously heavy sentences and 6 year bans some of which appear to have been for basically bouncing around shouting "come on then."

Given the police presence the the attention given to our fans that day i still; fidn it strange that they were allowed to wander off into the town center unsupervised anyway. The cynical amongst us might think the police did not mind it kickiing off a bit if it meant being able to chalk up some easy arrests.

Having said that as someone has said above we did have one hell of a mob out that day. Long time since i''ve seen such numbers up for it at an away game and I think leicester was slightly taken aback!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hopefully the club will have a list of said people and not sold them tickets, I know this process isn''t infallible but its all we have!

I should imagine the Leicester guys will all be subject to football banning orders and the fuzz will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for them!
[/quote]

[/quote]

The season before last when went to their place there was a big punch up afterwards (I wasn''t there but I believe they left the game a bit early - it was clearly pre-arranged).  About 15 of our fans were arrested and about half of them went to jail.  The trial took ages to come to court, I think it was just under a year ago.  There''s never been any general animosity between Leicester and Norwich fans, it was just the respective elements from each club fancying a brawl I think.

[quote user="Shyster"]Don''t do anything silly.Yes, the arse-chinned, Alan Sugar wannabe has turned it into a grudge match, but even in the event of inevitable provocation you must act responsible.Can you imagine the delight arse-chin would wallow in if we were to get a points deduction?Stay cool.[/quote]Yeh agreed Shyster, no duchebaggery on match day kiddies !

[quote user="jbghost"]

Leicester was all blokes in their 30''s and 40''s. Around 200  travelled up on the train and were met by the police who kept them away from the city centre and trouble before the game. A lot left before the game finished and met up in the city centre where the trouble erupted. Thankfully it''s not often nowadays you see Norwich fans out in numbers like this looking for trouble, most of us of that age have kids and take them to games now. Only ever seen that sort of number at Blackpool a few years back for the cup match in recent years.

[/quote]

I seem to remember they turned out at QPR a few seasons ago, again probably prearranged with their mob.

When you''re as hard as me you don''t worry about such things.......

Pussies......