Sign in to follow this  
Robert Fleck is still GOD!

TOP SECRET! Chris Sutton scheduled for meeting with Worthy on Monday morning!

Don''t think so. There''s been no noise from the Sutton camp that he isn''t happy. And for us to get him would have to offer McVeigh plus a cool £1m or so. Too much for us I think, although I would like to see it happen even at the expense of poor McVeigh who is so underestimated, he should be first team squad member every week!!

Much as i''d like this to be true,I suggest if you havn''t been drinking someone has left the lid off the glue and you''re sitting downwind!

[quote]Meeting scheduled for mid morning and no I havent been drinking![/quote]

And your source is?........... my friend.         

[quote]as i said before sutton will return in jan and also green to arsenal = bentley +1 million + another player good source.[/quote]

Heard this Arsenal one as well. The other player is Jermaine Pennant on a season loan and this was about 2 months ago.

Unfortunately I cannot reveal my sources but I do have contacts and people in the know in a number of areas of the football world?

But I believe the Robbie Blake stories were just the normal Norwich smoke screen to throw people off the scent?

How many other clubs in the Prem do you think Sutton would consider?

I believe only one to finish his career off at as ONeil is off in the summer as is Hartson? 

Sutton lives out in ths sticks in Scotland and shuns the wild life and hectic lifestyle come on home Chrissie boy.

I must admit I rate Squiz (McVeigh) very highly and he made a difference last week but if it came down to him plus cash for Sutton I would have to go for the swap deal?

All very interesting. So if you are right KOL, then the deal might be:

We lose Green

We gain Bentley permanently, Pennant and get £1m.

We use the £1m to add to the £1.2 = £2.2

We certainly would be able to afford Sutton for this. Probably less, but we could put the rest towards his wages. 2 questions:

Given the amount of times Bentley states he loves Arsenal & can''t wait to get back playing for them, would he want this? Also, apparently Pennant''s contract talks have stalled, so this could be why? And does this deal mean Pennant permanantley or just as a loan?

If all of ths is true, then I think it would be a sound move for the club both in the long & short term. Good work Worthy, the board  Munby. Agree? 

Well from one poster or another TODAY only we are DEFINITELY signing Harewood, Sutton (McVeigh swap etc), Bentley + Pennant for Green - just how many strikers do we need???

Which one of you will be the "I Told you so" Kings in January then?

[quote]Well from one poster or another TODAY only we are DEFINITELY signing Harewood, Sutton (McVeigh swap etc), Bentley + Pennant for Green - just how many strikers do we need??? Which one of you will be t...[/quote]

It will be me. Your right KOL, we are signing a striker from Scotland. It is also correct that a meeting has been planned for the early part of next week. Unfortuanatly it is not Chris Sutton, who i would love at the club, but Hearts striker Mark de Vries, who i think will also be a great signing.

all this convoluted ''good source'' stuff. pmpf.

see, i could do that too. watch:

"i have been informed by a very reliable source who works in the HR department of NCFC that the recent available transfer funds story was not the whole story at all. the £1.5m figure is the sum left once several agreed transfers have gone through in january. the first of which is the movement back home of Chris Sutton, who will join the club on a 2 year contract on a cut wage of £15,000 p/w. moving in the opposite direction will be Ian Henderson, Paul McVeigh and £1,000,000. also coming into CR will be Linvoy Primus, who has been hugely unsettled after Harry''s departure, and has accused the Pompey board of breaking promises made when he turned City down in the summer. Primus will cost the Canaries £600,000. Emmanuel Petit, currently a free agent, will join City for the remainder of the season to add cover to the depleted midfield. the remaining funds will be used in full to pay West Ham for Marlon Harewood, who will fill the right-wing hole left by Hendo and McVeigh. "

see: it''s not *that* hard, really.

dress it up well enough, people will believe it.

having said that, my above story is actually quite believable and certain moves make complete sense. so much so i''m starting to fall for it myself! 

The difference is Ben, i actually have a very reliable source, and he knows i post on here as well. The problem is the web-team edit the posts and remove imformation revealing the identity of the source. Perhaps someone from the web-team could explain why my post was edited and the second paragraph completely removed, after all the player concerned wasn''t directly mentioned.

It''s true - I did remove the fairly detailed description of the source. I felt that although we wouldn''t know who he was, his employers might be able to identify him, and it wasn''t really fair to that person.He may have said things without realising he was going to be quoted.Celia

I think Sutton would quite probably be the best signing we could make in terms of keeping  us in the Prem. Just think, a centre forwad who scores goals, has a physical presence and wins free-kicks for us....and he can play almost anywhere. Hope it''s true..tho i doubt it. But we can live in hope!

fao whoever started this post (cant be bothered to go back and look)

how many people now have got ''inside information''? if in the unlikely event none of them are lying, then we as a club have some serious problems. Either you''re making up a load of porkies to make yourself feel big and important... in which case you should grow up a bit and find something better to do with your time. or however if your telling the truth then your more of an idiot. these things are kept secret for a reason... the board dont want other clubs to know our plans. theyre not secret just to annoy the supporters, its to ensure deals go through smoothly. If you have managed to obtain top secret information and your publishing it for the world to see then you have to question your morality as a person and your support for the club. releasing secret club information can never end up a good thing. you should think about things like this before you start blabbing to every tom dick and harry. if youve been blessed with inside information, keep it to yourself and just be happy that you know whats going on, but dont boast and just tell the world which could end up disrupting a deal.

but that shouldnt really matter anyway because chances are your just another of the hundreds of so called supporters that have so called inside information. nuff said.

"Hearts striker Mark de Vries, who i think will also be a great signing."

Had this tip about two months ago....I would put my money on him

[quote]Meeting scheduled for mid morning and no I havent been drinking![/quote]

Can you think of one example of someone returning to City and making a success of it? Sutton may be doing ok with Celtic, but he''s over 30 now. Could he still hack it in the Prem?

Mind you, if the terms were right it couldn''t hurt to try!