Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Seaborne to Saints

I was impressed by Seaborne. Tall, strong, touch of pace, decent control and willing to play the ball rather than just get rid at first opportunity (a la Nelaon). Reminded me a bit of Spillane actually.

Think Southampton have got themselves a potential gem there.

[quote user="Dogger in Top 2"]With that Palace player coming in too, they are going for a sneaky playoff spot i feel[/quote]

They''ve also signed Elliott Ward

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Dogger in Top 2"]With that Palace player coming in too, they are going for a sneaky playoff spot i feel[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t think that''s right. I thought they were just heavily linked with him at one point, speculation which died a death following the signing of Fonte?

Elliot Ward would be excellent signing but I thought Saints were denying he''d signed despite SSN claiming he had?

Did not really notice Seaborne although I did notice how Holt ran straight through the middle of their defence for the third and was completely unmarked for the first so he cant have been that great!

If saints can sneak into 6th place they would be the main threat in the playoffs. Blindingly obvious but really important to get second if we can as with the likes of Charlton, Colchester, Hudds and Saints in the playoffs mix it would be a real scrap.

Do not want us to be in the play off''s anyway-too much of a lottery-and, if we were, then Southampton not the club I''d want to be in there with.

Where is all their money coming from?

It does seem to show that admin is a short, sharp shock to the system and you can come out of it with cash to spend whilst people you owed money to remain to do without, else have to accept "x" in the £.

Norwich saw several offers rejected for Seaborne during the last transfer window and it appears Southampton have stolen a march on their rivals by lining up a deal to take the player to St Mary''s.

We stopped marching when we got Whitbread.

We don''t march, we''re canaries!Seabourne looked rubbish against us at the weekend, they are welcome to him.Interesting point about Southampton getting a play-off spot. Without that point deduction they''d be right up there.

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Don''t think that''s right. I thought they were just heavily linked with him at one point, speculation which died a death following the signing of Fonte?

[/quote]

Reported on SSN this morning as having signed an 18 month contract.

Bit of a shame, would have been nice to get Seabourne as well as Whitbread.Got a feeling Seabourne commanded a high transfer fee though ?

The play-offs are still going to be very difficult for Southampton, even with this strengthening (and assuming they don''t sell Lallana, for example).At the moment they are getting 1.58 points per game. To reach 76 points, which is a likely sixth-place total, they need to start racking up 2.18 points per game. That is probably 15 wins out of 22 matches.

Well Norwich did not play well on saturday against Exeter but could easily have scored 6 goals and did get 3. Non of their defence looked good to me although they were a lot better going forward

He looked ok at the weekend but I wouldn''t pick him ahead of our current central defenders or Drury at left back.