Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Back Of Todays EDP

report about someone who got a ticket for the home end for this weekends game VS colchester utd! He says how easy it is, surely that was the wrong thing to do and post it on the back page!?

its good to let them know how easy the colchester plan is going to fail.

i really hope we give that lot a good beating on saturday .

my thoughts on colchester ... drama queens..

"“I tried to book it online and it kept on getting rejected and I eventually rang the number,” he explained. “I tried different areas of the ground and every one was rejected so I thought it was my credit card. I was rejected in one area because I wasn''t with a child, another area where a ticket was no longer available, even though I had reserved it. "

Yeah... far too easy!

It''s absolutely obvious that the police and stewards will be primed by the club to act with absolute prejudice towards our fans in or out of our allocated areas. Give them nothing to complain about, give the team a tonking on the pitch and make double the noise despite half the seats. Cowling and co will hang themselves if we give em enough rope, we must however avoid getting hoisted by our own petard!

[quote user="Romantic"]Incredible drama queens! Hope we tonk em I really do. Hope our lot behave though.
[/quote]

I would love it if we could tonk them too, as do all City fans I should imagine. To be realistic, though, I think the result could go either way. Col Utd are a good side, as their league position and results this season prove. My prediction is a hard fought for 2-2 draw. I would be reasonably happy with that outcome.

Fair enough Sports Desk Pete...but he/she was quoted as saying that he/she duped the Ticket Office by knowing of an area at Layer Road and claiming that he/she used to stand there. With an Essex address and that ''clincher'' what was the TO to do? So there is a bit of glorification of the ''fans'' antics in the article.

Lets hope the actual football gives us something to debate.

I reckon both clubs would be fined IF there is large amounts of trouble. Hopefully that wont be an issue.I''m sure any exile living in the area of a team they are going to play as the away team would have little trouble getting tickets in the home end. I''m not sure it''s even a news worthy report.

Category 3 game magnificent your club are obliged to ensure that people like this do not buy tickets. Nobody other than people on your data base should have been sold tickets. That way of course anyone buying tickets could be traced back to your club to see who sold them on. Problem was you needed to sell the game out for your chairmans ego and blatently sold tickets to away supporters. When the penny dropped and you realised what had happened you tried to put it right and then tried to place the blame on us for your inability to follow proceedures that most clubs would have certainly for a category 3 game, only made this because of your chairman.

We have only been allocated 850 tickets for Brighton - is there anyone on here complaining ? no because no challenge has been issued by their chairman to buy more. I am sure at this game there will be a lot of Norwich supporters in the home ends but there will be no issue - the same as at most of our games this season as normally people doing this sit as neutral.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Category 3 game magnificent your club are obliged to ensure that people like this do not buy tickets. Nobody other than people on your data base should have been sold tickets. That way of course anyone buying tickets could be traced back to your club to see who sold them on. Problem was you needed to sell the game out for your chairmans ego and blatently sold tickets to away supporters. When the penny dropped and you realised what had happened you tried to put it right and then tried to place the blame on us for your inability to follow proceedures that most clubs would have certainly for a category 3 game, only made this because of your chairman.

We have only been allocated 850 tickets for Brighton - is there anyone on here complaining ? no because no challenge has been issued by their chairman to buy more. I am sure at this game there will be a lot of Norwich supporters in the home ends but there will be no issue - the same as at most of our games this season as normally people doing this sit as neutral.[/quote]I''ve read your previous posts and your not worth any more than this reply.

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Category 3 game magnificent your club are obliged to ensure that people like this do not buy tickets. Nobody other than people on your data base should have been sold tickets. That way of course anyone buying tickets could be traced back to your club to see who sold them on. Problem was you needed to sell the game out for your chairmans ego and blatently sold tickets to away supporters. When the penny dropped and you realised what had happened you tried to put it right and then tried to place the blame on us for your inability to follow proceedures that most clubs would have certainly for a category 3 game, only made this because of your chairman. We have only been allocated 850 tickets for Brighton - is there anyone on here complaining ? no because no challenge has been issued by their chairman to buy more. I am sure at this game there will be a lot of Norwich supporters in the home ends but there will be no issue - the same as at most of our games this season as normally people doing this sit as neutral.[/quote]

I''ve read your previous posts and your not worth any more than this reply.
[/quote]

Its a fair point though. Do you not agree that for this game (and with your chairman publically baiting norwich fans over the fact they would not get more tickets) it was massively irresponsible to put tickets on general sale online with individuals able to buy up to 25 each with no Col U membership number or even record of previous purchases? i can''t think of any other club where this would be possible and it was obvious what would happen.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Category 3 game magnificent your club are obliged to ensure that people like this do not buy tickets. Nobody other than people on your data base should have been sold tickets. That way of course anyone buying tickets could be traced back to your club to see who sold them on. Problem was you needed to sell the game out for your chairmans ego and blatently sold tickets to away supporters. When the penny dropped and you realised what had happened you tried to put it right and then tried to place the blame on us for your inability to follow proceedures that most clubs would have certainly for a category 3 game, only made this because of your chairman. We have only been allocated 850 tickets for Brighton - is there anyone on here complaining ? no because no challenge has been issued by their chairman to buy more. I am sure at this game there will be a lot of Norwich supporters in the home ends but there will be no issue - the same as at most of our games this season as normally people doing this sit as neutral.[/quote]I''ve read your previous posts and your not worth any more than this reply.[/quote]

Its a fair point though. Do you not agree that for this game (and with your chairman publically baiting norwich fans over the fact they would not get more tickets) it was massively irresponsible to put tickets on general sale online with individuals able to buy up to 25 each with no Col U membership number or even record of previous purchases? i can''t think of any other club where this would be possible and it was obvious what would happen.

[/quote]I thought he publicly told your Chairman your club were getting no more than allocated and said that he had nothing against your fans?However, I don''t think the comment was really needed.I think sales could have been handled better and only to registered purchasers etc.I''ve answered your question Jim (as I have answered any sensible ones as I''m a fan of Col Utd not a Keyboard Warrior can you answer mine)Doesn''t excuse any away fans for buying in the home end though against ground regs does it (you would expect some anyway)?Does that excuse any away fans in home areas if there is trouble as a number seem to think it does?

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

Fair enough Sports Desk Pete...but he/she was quoted as saying that he/she duped the Ticket Office by knowing of an area at Layer Road and claiming that he/she used to stand there. With an Essex address and that ''clincher'' what was the TO to do? So there is a bit of glorification of the ''fans'' antics in the article.

[/quote]

Well if you lot and your dumb chairman had stop whinging like three year olds, we''d probably be discussing football now.....

[quote user="Mike Grant"][quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[/quote]

Well if you lot and your dumb chairman had stop whinging like three year olds, we''d probably be discussing football now.....

[/quote]And if you hadn''t stolen our manager he''d have nothing to whing about.................. blah blah blah

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Category 3 game magnificent your club are obliged to ensure that people like this do not buy tickets. Nobody other than people on your data base should have been sold tickets. That way of course anyone buying tickets could be traced back to your club to see who sold them on. Problem was you needed to sell the game out for your chairmans ego and blatently sold tickets to away supporters. When the penny dropped and you realised what had happened you tried to put it right and then tried to place the blame on us for your inability to follow proceedures that most clubs would have certainly for a category 3 game, only made this because of your chairman. We have only been allocated 850 tickets for Brighton - is there anyone on here complaining ? no because no challenge has been issued by their chairman to buy more. I am sure at this game there will be a lot of Norwich supporters in the home ends but there will be no issue - the same as at most of our games this season as normally people doing this sit as neutral.[/quote]

I''ve read your previous posts and your not worth any more than this reply.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought he publicly told your Chairman your club were getting no more than allocated and said that he had nothing against your fans?
However, I don''t think the comment was really needed.
I think sales could have been handled better and only to registered purchasers etc.

I''ve answered your question Jim (as I have answered any sensible ones as I''m a fan of Col Utd not a Keyboard Warrior can you answer mine)

Doesn''t excuse any away fans for buying in the home end though against ground regs does it (you would expect some anyway)?
Does that excuse any away fans in home areas if there is trouble as a number seem to think it does?

[/quote]

Speaking as someone who has sat in the home end at away games on occasion previously I was always quite prepared to accept that I might get ejected or a smack if i revealed my allegiance. Fortunately due to Norwich''s dismal away form over recent years and the fact that Charlton fans are a bunch of wet blankets that never materialised!

So to answer your question if our fans in home areas start baiting or taunting your fans and trouble ensues then no they are not excused from any responsibility. I would still maintain though that the ultimate route of the problem will have been the way the ticket sales have been handled. At Carrow Road (or most other football league clubs) it simply would not be possible for away fans to get tickets in home areas in the numbers that our fans have for saturday. One or two may manage it but not hundreds and with groups sat together.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[/quote]Oh and colchester fans havent been masterbating furiously over Cowling''s antics over the last few weeks ??

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Speaking as someone who has sat in the home end at away games on occasion previously I was always quite prepared to accept that I might get ejected or a smack if i revealed my allegiance. Fortunately due to Norwich''s dismal away form over recent years and the fact that Charlton fans are a bunch of wet blankets that never materialised!

So to answer your question if our fans in home areas start baiting or taunting your fans and trouble ensues then no they are not excused from any responsibility. I would still maintain though that the ultimate route of the problem will have been the way the ticket sales have been handled. At Carrow Road (or most other football league clubs) it simply would not be possible for away fans to get tickets in home areas in the numbers that our fans have for saturday. One or two may manage it but not hundreds and with groups sat together.

[/quote]The main problem with being ejected or smacked nowaday''s and I don''t mean this lightly but the Essex old bill are VERY keen on issuing banning orders. I don''t really have a problem with most of the away fans in home ends, just if it''s high numbers and not behaving then there is no excuse.I have sat in away ends a few times, we take a good away following compared to our home support but we very really need more than the seats issued.Tickets to people already on the system would have been a start.I''m still in the camp that likes the ''Club Norwich, the supporters etc'' just not the top of your club. A fair few seem to be trying to make this fan on fan and that''s a bit silly.I don''t think you should have got any extra tickets but then the comments by our chairman don''t help. Then your chairman with the ''Punish me not the fans'' and the plea for more tickets i.e. get the fans on side call wasn''t much better, just sounding off for your fans. Leeds got extra tickets and are the only team that has, I didn''t to this or last seasons games with Leeds due to how they handled the extra tickets for them.A previous comment (by another) compared this to the Brighton game and allocation although I think this is very different. The 1-7, the manager situation, the league positions and the ease of travel mean this game was always going to have a higher demand

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[/quote]Oh and colchester fans havent been masterbating furiously over Cowling''s antics over the last few weeks ??[/quote]I haven''t

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Speaking as someone who has sat in the home end at away games on occasion previously I was always quite prepared to accept that I might get ejected or a smack if i revealed my allegiance. Fortunately due to Norwich''s dismal away form over recent years and the fact that Charlton fans are a bunch of wet blankets that never materialised!

[/quote]

The main problem with being ejected or smacked nowaday''s and I don''t mean this lightly but the Essex old bill are VERY keen on issuing banning orders. I don''t really have a problem with most of the away fans in home ends, just if it''s high numbers and not behaving then there is no excuse.

I have sat in away ends a few times, we take a good away following compared to our home support but we very really need more than the seats issued.

Tickets to people already on the system would have been a start.

I''m still in the camp that likes the ''Club Norwich, the supporters etc'' just not the top of your club. A fair few seem to be trying to make this fan on fan and that''s a bit silly.

I don''t think you should have got any extra tickets but then the comments by our chairman don''t help. Then your chairman with the ''Punish me not the fans'' and the plea for more tickets i.e. get the fans on side call wasn''t much better, just sounding off for your fans. Leeds got extra tickets and are the only team that has, I didn''t to this or last seasons games with Leeds due to how they handled the extra tickets for them.

A previous comment (by another) compared this to the Brighton game and allocation although I think this is very different. The 1-7, the manager situation, the league positions and the ease of travel mean this game was always going to have a higher demand
[/quote]

I don''t disagree with you on a lot of that. I have always said that Col U were perfectly within their rights not to give extra tickets. My problem has always been with the way that Cowling came out an announced it in the press.

I can honestly say that until this latest episode i have never really known any animosity between our fans, in fact as we often play away on the same days i can recall many train journeys back from away games on trains with Col U fans where we were all getting on great singing anti Ipswich songs etc.

I can understand why your fans would have some resentment at the way we poached lambert but any animosity this end only ever started when Cowling started ranting in the press about the compensation and calling for points deductions etc then followed it up with his ticket allocation comments. any animosity from Norwich fans has therefore been created entirely by him. Whether or not he is right to feel we have acted badly i have no idea. i suspect we are taking a hard nosed stance to negotiations and trying to get away with as little compensation as possible. Having said that who actually knows what Cowling has been asking for as compensation and it would not surprise me at all if (knowing he scr*wed up by allowing Lambert to talk to us before compo was agreed) he is trying to save face by demanding as much money as possible and is asking for what we would regard as an unreasonable amount. That is a matter for the tribunal to decide. ultimately, my point is had Col u just referred the matter to the tribunal and Cowling had kept his mouth shut about points deductions and rather having empty seats than Norwich fans there would be no animosity from us towards Col U (fans or club) at all. all that would have happened is Lambert would have got some stick from your lot and we would have chanted his name in response. Now things seem to have gone a bit beyond that!

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Speaking as someone who has sat in the home end at away games on occasion previously I was always quite prepared to accept that I might get ejected or a smack if i revealed my allegiance. Fortunately due to Norwich''s dismal away form over recent years and the fact that Charlton fans are a bunch of wet blankets that never materialised!

[/quote]

The main problem with being ejected or smacked nowaday''s and I don''t mean this lightly but the Essex old bill are VERY keen on issuing banning orders. I don''t really have a problem with most of the away fans in home ends, just if it''s high numbers and not behaving then there is no excuse.

I have sat in away ends a few times, we take a good away following compared to our home support but we very really need more than the seats issued.

Tickets to people already on the system would have been a start.

I''m still in the camp that likes the ''Club Norwich, the supporters etc'' just not the top of your club. A fair few seem to be trying to make this fan on fan and that''s a bit silly.

I don''t think you should have got any extra tickets but then the comments by our chairman don''t help. Then your chairman with the ''Punish me not the fans'' and the plea for more tickets i.e. get the fans on side call wasn''t much better, just sounding off for your fans. Leeds got extra tickets and are the only team that has, I didn''t to this or last seasons games with Leeds due to how they handled the extra tickets for them.

A previous comment (by another) compared this to the Brighton game and allocation although I think this is very different. The 1-7, the manager situation, the league positions and the ease of travel mean this game was always going to have a higher demand
[/quote]

Hi Barside

You have posted a number of texts recently warning of banning orders, ejections etc.

How do you really see this paning out for the well behaved, sensible, non loud, non clour wearing Norwich fan in the home end?

I''m going with my wife, we are local to CUFC and simply want to watch a game of football. I would have gone without all this storm stirred by Cowling and would have tried to get tickets in the home end anyway as wouldn''t have got them through NCFC.

Am I likely to be interrogated?

I don''t think you can be banned for simply being ejected from the ground for being in the wrong area. If however you are ejected whilst fighting stewards/Col U fans/police then i guess that would be a different matter!

Ween_Nasty

I''m sure you''ll be fine, in the end if you are just ejected for being

in the wrong section they will likely take your details and send you

packing. However, if your watching the match, behaving and looking like

a Neutral I can''t see you will get any problems, i don''t think most Col Utd fans will care you are there to be honest. There were complaints about Leeds fans IN SHIRTS in the wrong sections and jumping up and down and I know of 1 of our fans getting ejected for complaining!!! However, of course, this time the statement has been made that they will be kicked out but we will see. We don''t have a great relationship with our own stewards, most of whom from what I can make out are from Ipswich.

The orders are being handed out a lot down here (if you are local you may have seen them coming through in the Gazette), they are handed out via magistrates so if you are called up for one then forget it, very few ever have one turned down and it cost around £3000 to defend yourself, most can''t throw that money away, you are then branded a proved hooligan because you can''t defend yourself.We have the cameras shoved in our faces by Essex Police at every game, home or away and the view of a lot of our supporters (the ones that go away especially) towards the police is not that great.In short, I''m sure you''ll be fine along with a lot of Norwich fans who just want to watch the match but have ended up in the wrong section.

A banning order for being ejected from the ground is highly unlikely, several followers of Colu have received banning orders this season - Essex OB had followed the individuals concerned for up to three seasons collecting evidence of their wrong doing - it isn''t necessary to be arrested and the evidence doesn''t require the same level of proof as needed in a criminal case - but each person banned had a dossier which was a few inches thick.

If you do get asked to leave then you can expect the police outside to question you and record your details - they will know, via the match commander, why you have been ejected, but if you behave yourself I doubt there will be any lasting repercussions.

[quote user="jibbajabba"]A banning order for being ejected from the ground is highly unlikely, several followers of Colu have received banning orders this season - Essex OB had followed the individuals concerned for up to three seasons collecting evidence of their wrong doing - it isn''t necessary to be arrested and the evidence doesn''t require the same level of proof as needed in a criminal case - but each person banned had a dossier which was a few inches thick. If you do get asked to leave then you can expect the police outside to question you and record your details - they will know, via the match commander, why you have been ejected, but if you behave yourself I doubt there will be any lasting repercussions.[/quote]

I see your clippings tally hasn''t been updated!

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Ween_Nasty

I''m sure you''ll be fine, in the end if you are just ejected for being in the wrong section they will likely take your details and send you packing. However, if your watching the match, behaving and looking like a Neutral I can''t see you will get any problems, i don''t think most Col Utd fans will care you are there to be honest. There were complaints about Leeds fans IN SHIRTS in the wrong sections and jumping up and down and I know of 1 of our fans getting ejected for complaining!!! However, of course, this time the statement has been made that they will be kicked out but we will see. We don''t have a great relationship with our own stewards, most of whom from what I can make out are from Ipswich.

The orders are being handed out a lot down here (if you are local you may have seen them coming through in the Gazette), they are handed out via magistrates so if you are called up for one then forget it, very few ever have one turned down and it cost around £3000 to defend yourself, most can''t throw that money away, you are then branded a proved hooligan because you can''t defend yourself.

We have the cameras shoved in our faces by Essex Police at every game, home or away and the view of a lot of our supporters (the ones that go away especially) towards the police is not that great.

In short, I''m sure you''ll be fine along with a lot of Norwich fans who just want to watch the match but have ended up in the wrong section.
[/quote]

It''s all a bit ridicuolous really. I''ve sat in all four ends at Portaloo and not a problem. Cowling should get a banning order for all this stirring. What a bellend.