Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Lee Croft and the Talksport Reporter

Lee Croft having a mare tonight according to Talksport, and incidentally the reporter described Croft as the former Man City winger with no mention of Norwich whatsoever.I was rather annoyed and shouted abuse at my radio.Why is it that Norwich is so overlooked and misrepresented by the media time and time again? Or is it the same for every other non Premier League club?

[quote user="Barclayman"]Lee Croft having a mare tonight according to Talksport, and incidentally the reporter described Croft as the former Man City winger with no mention of Norwich whatsoever.I was rather annoyed and shouted abuse at my radio.Why is it that Norwich is so overlooked and misrepresented by the media time and time again? Or is it the same for every other non Premier League club?[/quote]Pretty much

Well if the players came from a big club it usually means big teams invested a lot into this kid and had a lot of potential like Jon Otsemobor they always say he was a liverpool trainee or Doherty was a Spurs player they dont talk about Luton it just means big clubs thought and possibly still has the potential of something what they saw.

One of the worst ever examples, which still has me fuming to this day, was when the BBC did a series of interviews about ten years ago with old footballers. One of those interviewed was Mick Channon.I sat through the programme impatiently waiting for him to get to his Norwich years while he discussed his times with Southampton, Man City and England - and waited and waited. The programme finished without any mention that he ever played for Norwich - even though he won the Milk Cup at Wembley while with City. I was a hairsbreadth away from throwing the TV out of the window! I don''t think it was Mick''s fault - I''m sure he will have mentioned Norwich but some snooty twerp at the BBC decided to edit it out [:@]

I heard the reporter also who stated that everything Croft was trying was just not coming off. Surely, we got the best deal when he left !! 

I also watched David Marshall play for Cardiff against Bristol City and he was very lucky when he cleared a ball by volleying into an incoming player with the ball ricocheting for a corner. It certainly brought back memories of some of his calamities last season.

I remember at the start of the Prem years (''92) when we were top, or thereabouts and the sport news would always be something like that Man U were 2nd, Arsenal were 3rd & Liverpool were 4th or something and then off to the Scottish Prem. The question did beg "Well, who the f*** is top then?" but the BBC didn''t seem to think that anyone would want to know. Tossers.

I remember the BBC showing the tables at the end of the first week of December in our great season...we were about 7 or 8 points at the top and it went...

"...so, Blackburn remain in 2nd place, ahead of Aston Villa on goal difference, Chelsea are 4th and Man Utd move up to 5th. Liverpool are in 10th spot as we head to the Christmas and New Year period, where, I am sure, they will be looking to make their move....onto division one...."

Aghast doesn''t even begin to describe it! Never forgotten, sad=yes, typical=yes!!!

man city are a bigger team - so mention them!

they did the same with danny webber last night (COV vs POMPEY) he was ex man utd, but he was ex sheff utd!!

In fairness I think the beeb remains to be the best as most of the commentators know what they are talking about. Occaisionally the ITV ones remember to stop commenting on what the fans are wearing long enough to actually tell us what is happening on the pitch and in very rare moments give us a decent fact or two. If Bayern Munich are on there is nearly always a comment about us being the only team to have beaten them at the Olympic Stadium.Talk Sport is utter filth anyway IMO. Five live is far better, talk sport is continuously interupted by adverts and big headed presenters etc. Although I do occaisionaly listen to it it is certainly not my first choice.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Well if the players came from a big club it usually means big teams invested a lot into this kid and had a lot of potential like Jon Otsemobor they always say he was a liverpool trainee or Doherty was a Spurs player they dont talk about Luton it just means big clubs thought and possibly still has the potential of something what they saw.[/quote]eh?

We''ve always had this silly little small club stereotype which has started to eas of a little bit in recent years!

I remember when Man City were in the 3rd Division and all you heard was about their huge 20,000+ crowds. I''ve not heard one mention of our 24-25,000 regular crowds this season in the National media!

It annoys me that some people outside of East Anglia think we are the size of Peterborough!