Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Our Debts are not that BAD!!

That is not true... 50k an hour comes out to 1.2 million per day. Or, 438 million per year.  They are not paying 438 million per year to cover their interest.... Nope.

I thought that was the figure mentioned by Sky sports earlier too, guess they got it wrong!!On googling, it appears they pay about 60 mil a year on interest payments currently.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]SSN revealed that manchester utd have to pay £50,000 an HOUR just to cover their intrest on their debts!!!!!![/quote]All you have to ask yourself with these big teams is, for all the players they''ve sold this season - Man U, Ronaldo; Liverpool, Alonso - have they replaced them adequately? If not, then perhaps the credit crunch is starting to hit more than the "smaller" clubs?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]SSN revealed that manchester utd have to pay £50,000 an HOUR just to cover their intrest on their debts!!!!!![/quote] No the amount quoted on there was £47,000 a MINUTE.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]SSN revealed that manchester utd have to pay £50,000 an HOUR just to cover their intrest on their debts!!!!!![/quote] No the amount quoted on there was £47,000 a MINUTE.[/quote]Lo, could they have been any more wrong?

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]That is not true... 50k an hour comes out to 1.2 million per day. Or, 438 million per year.  They are not paying 438 million per year to cover their interest.... Nope.
[/quote]

Dont let sports journalists near a set of Accounts....they haven''t a clue what they are talking about.

Man Utd''s interest bill for the financial year ended 30th June 2009 was £41.9m. (source: Man Utd''s Accounts).

Our debts are that bad, we are deluding ourselves if we don''t realise. Any comparison to Man Utd is ludicrous.

Read Mick Dennis''s column on Waghorn, if a company like Delloite''s are in volved it must be bad.

Mcnally is trying his hardest to sort this mess out.

[quote user="canarytim"]Our debts are that bad, we are deluding ourselves if we don''t realise. Any comparison to Man Utd is ludicrous.

Read Mick Dennis''s column on Waghorn, if a company like Delloite''s are in volved it must be bad.

Mcnally is trying his hardest to sort this mess out.[/quote]

Ok, compare them to Palace, Derby, Coventry, Leicester, Scum, .....anyone you choose.

The board have done well.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]SSN revealed that manchester utd have to pay £50,000 an HOUR just to cover their intrest on their debts!!!!!![/quote] No the amount quoted on there was £47,000 a MINUTE.[/quote]

Lo, could they have been any more wrong?

[/quote]

nope i got it wrong it was nearer the £45,000 a second  ouch!