Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

Doc to Plymouth?

On another forum they''ve decided the best chant for him is "died at Hillsborough, you should have died at Hillsborough" - classy.

Ungreatful yank <female part>. Fair enough if he wants to play at a higher level (norwich?)

but we''ve been paying his wages for the last 4 months while he''s sat on

his arse. Should have at least signed a contract but demanded a

smallish buy out clause. Useless chit <female part>. Hope he gets **cked before

the world cup

Above is quoted from the Millwall site<female part> = cover up of Millwall fans obsession with Seeing somone next tuesday ??!?!The bold bit made me LOL, its like Millwall.... tin pot thugs at best, jog on mockneys, jog on !

Doc to Plymouth? Unlikely as no club would be prepared to pay any money for him. He''d probably do a job for Ebsfleet Utd if given a free transfer.

Why would the Doc want to go Plymouth?

Smaller club, cr*p crowds and could possibly be a Division below us next season!

And why would we want to get rid of one of our best players, best CB, (totally upsetting the CB positions!) in the middle of a season where we are looking good bets for promotion?

But I forgot its the Doc whos to blame for everything wrong, and who some fans will never accept is one of our best players!

Why would Doc want to go to Plymouth. It''s more out of the way than Norwich, they''re going down, we''re hopefully going up, he''s settled, likes the area, on more money than what plymouth could afford, better ground, more fans etc etc   RIDICULOUS! End Of.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Why would the Doc want to go Plymouth?

Smaller club, cr*p crowds and could possibly be a Division below us next season!

And why would we want to get rid of one of our best players, best CB, (totally upsetting the CB positions!) in the middle of a season where we are looking good bets for promotion?

But I forgot its the Doc whos to blame for everything wrong, and who some fans will never accept is one of our best players![/quote]CorrectLMFAO

Like another poster says, the stick the Doc gets from so called fans is ludicrous!

For instance our poorest players on Saturday was Russell Martin who had his worst game for us, which I know, thinking realisticly happens to every player . If the Dov had a game like that it would of been highlighted by all the sheep who obviously don''t watch the games or are very niave about football!

The Doc has played over 200 games for us and the majority of them have been good performances from the much maligned ginger one!

He cost us £750,000, so has been good value for money. Hes owes us nothing.

People who know an once about football and have watched most of Docs games for us must be so bemused reading what some so called fans say about the Ginger Pele!

[img]http://www.images.generallyawesome2.com/photos/funny/photos/donkey-pulling-cart.jpg[/img]Im surprised Blackpool havent made a bid !

Although Doc started in abysmal form this season, he is now one of our best defenders and a first team regular. I believe he is getting old though so it might be an idea to sell him now but I can''t see him going to Plymouth as it is likely that we will swap leagues with them at the end of the season. I can''t see him being sold though unless Lambert has another CB in his mind, as Spillane, Askou, and Whitbread are all unavailable at the moment

Id agree Doc has had a good season since Lambert lit a fire under his ass, but he has found his level. He will not be able to perform in the Championship so a switch would be a great move. Hes not getting any younger !

You can''t argue with how he''s played since being let back in the team, but the donkey pictures added to threads about him ALWAYS make me laugh. And, yes, he seems to have found his level. (cue the Doherty Defense Committee with their "what are you talking about, he''s our best player ever!" rants.

I guess when we get promoted then next season we''ll see who had it right about the Doc. Now he''s playing for a good manager in a good team it''s fairer way to judge him. (Unlike in previous seasons when he''s basically had to carry the team defensively because of all our weak links and still taken the blame for everything.)

But yeah...I see it like this... If we plays regularly next season in the Championship and does a good job for us (again) then his critics will surely hold their hands up and say "I got it wrong...next time I''ll listen to people who know better than I"

And if he''s a complete wreck then his fans will say "Perhaps the Championship is a step too far afterall"

I was one of the first to say, yeh i am not a Doc fan but im thrilled with his form and full respect to him.Ive a feeling he will be on his way out soon, see how Whitbread and a fit Spilane feature.I think we can all agree that Askou is the best defender at the club and Nelson the worst right about now.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I was one of the first to say, yeh i am not a Doc fan but im thrilled with his form and full respect to him.

Ive a feeling he will be on his way out soon, see how Whitbread and a fit Spilane feature.
I think we can all agree that Askou is the best defender at the club and Nelson the worst right about now.
[/quote]

Lol

You gotta laugh really. I disagree with a fair chunk of that.

Take Whitbread out of the equation for now because he isn''t fit and hasn''t played for us.

If we''re talking about centreback I think Spillane is, by some distance, the weakest player we have there. Only average at right back. Miles and miles away from being as good as Doherty.

And as it goes, at the moment, Nelson is defending as well as Askou has, if not better. Obviously distribution wise they''re both poor. But Nelson wins a lot more at the first attempt than Askou does.

The Doc remains the best defender at the club, by a stretch, until someone shows a bit more.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I was one of the first to say, yeh i am not a Doc fan but im thrilled with his form and full respect to him.

Ive a feeling he will be on his way out soon, see how Whitbread and a fit Spilane feature.
I think we can all agree that Askou is the best defender at the club and Nelson the worst right about now.
[/quote]

Lol

Take Whitbread out of the equation for now because he isn''t fit and hasn''t played for us.

If we''re talking about centreback I think Spillane is, by some distance, the weakest player we have there. Only average at right back. Miles and miles away from being as good as Doherty.

And as it goes, at the moment, Nelson is defending as well as Askou has, if not better. Obviously distribution wise they''re both poor. But Nelson wins a lot more at the first attempt than Askou does.

The Doc remains the best defender at the club, by a stretch, until someone shows a bit more.

[/quote]

Well football is about opinions and you have every right to yours.  I have to say that I cannot understand, much less agree with yours though.  Askou''s distribution is obviously so poor that Forster is under instructions to get the ball out to him whenever possible!!

I think the issue is that the doc has been our best defender, or most consistent I suppose is more appropriate in our defence for the last few years... shacks never improved, kennedy and sefanovic could have been amazing but fate had other ideas and taylor made a difference but again fate and a lack of finances or good scouting has left us with the doc as our best defender

is it right then to offer him a new contract when the seson is over, as he won''t get any better... I feel not or certainly if we do he has to be a squad player... plymouth could offers us a deal but lambert is not going to split up a team this year... but in the summer I think he and lappin will both just walk out of the club... we need hungry players who will develop into good championship players who we can make a profit on and get a good sell on clause... apart from joe lewis we have been getting rid of deadwood and still have far too much

we need strong pacey centre halves, whitbread, askou, nelson and another would be fine next year, for me the doc leaves on a free in the summer

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Lol

[/quote]

Well football is about opinions and you have every right to yours.  I have to say that I cannot understand, much less agree with yours though.  Askou''s distribution is obviously so poor that Forster is under instructions to get the ball out to him whenever possible!!

[/quote]

Of course Forster will give the ball to Askou. It''s football. You pass the ball to your team mates.

But if you''ve been watching us play this season you''ll surely have noticed that Askou isn''t exactly the best ball playing centreback, his distribution is quite a bit poorer than that of the Doc.

Exactly!

Askou isn''t in the Docs League when it comes to playing the ball out of defence and neither is Nelson!

While I''ve been impressed by Askou this season, I do feel some people have gone overboard with praising him up much in the same way them and many others go overboard with all this "Doc is cr*p" rubbish!

Another bulls*it comment is " the Doc has found his level"!

The Doc was one of our best players in our last 2 seasons in the Championship and still is obviously now we''re playing at a higher level!

I think the Doc is one of the best CB''s in this League and I''d like the anti Doc brigade to give me a list of better CB''s in League1!

All I can say is that every manager from Worthy (who signed him) through to the present incumbent Lambo appears to like Doc in the team, and they can''t all be wrong. I would go so far as to say that they ALL know more about football than anybody posting on here.

Askou has been decent but its all relative and its just because he is more mobile than Nelson and its good to have a mobile defender in there who is good in the air. i still would have Doc ahead of Askou if I had to chose between the two. His positioning is occasionally not great and sometimes he does hoof a bit! When all fit I think our first choice pairing will be Doc and Whitbread although I have to admit I am basing my views on the latter on having seen him play a handful of games on tv and heard other fans describing him as a top notch defender.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Askou has been decent but its all relative and its just because he is more mobile than Nelson and its good to have a mobile defender in there who is good in the air. i still would have Doc ahead of Askou if I had to chose between the two. His positioning is occasionally not great and sometimes he does hoof a bit! When all fit I think our first choice pairing will be Doc and Whitbread although I have to admit I am basing my views on the latter on having seen him play a handful of games on tv and heard other fans describing him as a top notch defender.[/quote]

Sorry to clarify was saying Askou''s positioning is occaisonally not great and he hoofs not the Doc!

I dont understand why peaople still see Doc as a liabillity. He has been solid in this seasons success so why hoof him out when we are doing well. Is it just because some people cant accept that he is having a good season? I feel he started to improve with his distribution towards the end of last season and was a better CB than Shackell. Lets get promotion before we take a knife to the team!

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Too many flicks, farts and fannies"

Can you really have too many fannies?