Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

Doc?

Lambert''s a good manager of course but Doherty is no different a player today than he was this time last year. The difference self-evidently is that he is looking a better player this year because he is defending against League One rather than Championship attackers.

He was good at Championship level and since we got ourselves sorted out under Lambert he''s barely put a foot wrong in any game this season.

I expect the manager will continue to pick him this season and next season as long as the finances are there.

keep and decide in the summer. Agree with other posters that he looks better as standard is worse, but the simple thing is he is good for this league and therefore will help us get out of it 

[quote user="GJP"]

He was good at Championship level and since we got ourselves sorted out under Lambert he''s barely put a foot wrong in any game this season.

I expect the manager will continue to pick him this season and next season as long as the finances are there.

[/quote]

We got ourselves sorted out under Gunn. He didn''t put a foot wrong away at yeovil when we won 4-0 but he had a solid looking Spillane alongside him in that game. By contrast, we drew 3-3 away at yeovil in december with Lambert at the helm and our defence looked decidely shakey. Granted that the Doc scored a great goal but he was not convincing in defence that day and we conceded 3 goals. I went to both games and City''s performace there in the Carling cup was fabulous and dramatically better than the susbequent 3-3 draw there only a few months later. Don''t get me wrong, I like Lambert a great deal, I don''t want to "have his babies", but he is clearly a good manager. That having been said I get a bit sick of the constant over-the -top eulogising about Lambert - "he''s only a good player because Lambert is a great master of people psychology and brings the best out of players unlike Gunn" botox

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s come good with Lamberts guidence, but bench for me.[/quote]

Plank for me!

[/quote]

He''ll be walking the plank by the end of the month.

In Lambert we trust[;)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]What about the pro Dork sheep?[/quote]

They''ve got to walk the plank too.

Just as soon as Lambert does the deed.

Come on Lambo, get a jimmy on,. we''re nearly half way through January already.

If we can bring in as good or better for less per week then sell him on.If we can only get Michael Nelson-style players with our budget then keep Doc.However, he''s out of contract at the end of the season so we won''t get much for him, and he''ll be on high wages so I expect him to stay until May and then leave or sign a new deal.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He''ll be walking the plank by the end of the month.

[/quote]

Is that like putting Otsemobor on a lead and going out around Norwich for a bit?

[quote user="Mason 47"]

He''ll be walking the plank by the end of the month.

[/quote]

Is that like putting Otsemobor on a lead and going out around Norwich for a bit?

[/quote]

[:D][Y]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]
[img]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/44/67/0,,10270~2975556,00.jpg[/img]
Vintage Donkey

[/quote]

Indeed Nexus, but did they score?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][img]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/44/67/0,,10270~2975556,00.jpg[/img]Vintage Donkey[/quote]

Indeed Nexus, but did they score?

[/quote]Its like he is saying ''boss I keep pulling the leaver but no candy is coming out?!! I put 20p in at half time . . . . . . "

As I mentioned earlier I believe the doc will stay till the end of the season

you need consistency in the final 11 and keep moral high

I do tho know that lambert was, and he made it very obvious, not at all impressed with the doc... I am hoping that in the summer we are not renewing his contract

we do not need journeymen players... we need players who are going to improve and command a good transfer fee as we and they improve

the doc the last two years has been part of two defences that have almost and finally got us relegated

I do not expect and think it will be a step back if we sign him up in the summer... that also goes for lappin, cureton, mcveigh... all who I expect will leave... as they have done nothing to prove there worth and will not improve

We are all about young, hungry players who will improve as we need to start moving up

I also expect that cody mcdonald will be given next year if he does not do anything in training or ask to be put out on loan... he will certainly not be offered a new contract following 2010

we have to plan long term and start to build... at the moment we have good morale so steady the ship... but many players are not likely to improve hence deadwood

for me the doc leaves at the end of the season