Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who's the best goalkeeper? And why?

Marshall, Lewis, Alnwick or Forster?

I don''t see them enough to judge, but my guess would be that most people would plump for Forster.

OTBC

Unlike some on here I rated Marshall, but he used to get a lot of criticism on here for his kicking, so I''m not sure most would agree with you Banana. Him or Forster for me, but I''d liek to see more of Rudd - and Steer.

Joe Lewis- Has proved that he has the potential and quality so could be him :)

Forster- Good keeper all round but very poor kicking

Marshall- Also a very good keeper buy didint dominate his area enough!

Alnwick- Didnt get to see much of him!

So im going for Jamie Ashdown [;)]

''''Whats that coming over the hill is it a monster..'''' [:P]

Nah its got to be JOE LEWIS! [:D]

forster is still young and learning - marshall was a better alround keeper so would put him infront of forster. Alnwick looked a really stable keeper which i why i favour him.

Rudd and Steer look good prospects and we need to keep them for our ''prem'' days [;)]

Forster is an excellent keeper just needs to improve his kicking. 8/10

Marshall was a very good shot stopper but he never came for crosses and his kicking was average. 7/10

Alnwick was a good all round keeper probably at the same level as Forster. 8/10

Havent seen Lewis play

Apart from his kicking Forsters been top notch and will probably get better with more experience!

We''re lucky to have him and don''t really care about ex players including one that wasn''t ever good enough to get in our team while he was with us!

I remember Warners'' bobble at Wednesday! I think that was the end of his chances of a permanent move, although since he''s at Hull now, maybe he thought he was too good for a Championship side. If only he''d known. [:(]

I didn''t see enough of Lewis to be able to pass any judgment on him, but Forster is an excellent keeper IMO, as good as, if not better than Green. I would be delighted if we signed him permanently but it seems highly unlikely.

Rudd for me (ooooh contoversial)

Marshall wasn''t the best kicker, catcher,puncher, wasn''t bad at shot stopping

Forster isn''t really ours, but his kicking is woeful. That said, the rest of his game is strong.

Alnwick is light weight for me. flapped a bit like Marshall when trying to claim crosses. Good shot stopper, kicking a little suspect.

Rudd is tall athletic, can catch a cross like Greeno used to, can kick a ball better than Greeno used to not seen enough of his shot stopping to know, but from what I have seen and heard he is a cracking prospect.

Theoklitos... can''t catch, can''t kick, can''t stop shots and can''t get to the team bus

Cody... agile and keen, good kicking ability and although lacking in height can catch a ball. Good distribution

Marshall - A very solid keeper but felt that he let us down a few times last season. 

Lewis - Has potential and was possibly Roeder''s worst mistake in selling him.

Forster - Best keeper for me and I can see him playing in the prem in a couple of years if he sorts out his kicking.

Alnwick - Looked promising but his loan was cut short.

For his level of ability now and future potential I''d go for Forster.

Better than anyone else we''ve seen in goal since Green left.

(although I too did think Lee Camp was pretty decent, should have had him instead of Marshall)

[quote user="B-ru"]Rudd for me (ooooh contoversial)

Marshall wasn''t the best kicker, catcher,puncher, wasn''t bad at shot stopping

Forster isn''t really ours, but his kicking is woeful. That said, the rest of his game is strong.

Alnwick is light weight for me. flapped a bit like Marshall when trying to claim crosses. Good shot stopper, kicking a little suspect.

Rudd is tall athletic, can catch a cross like Greeno used to, can kick a ball better than Greeno used to not seen enough of his shot stopping to know, but from what I have seen and heard he is a cracking prospect.

Theoklitos... can''t catch, can''t kick, can''t stop shots and can''t get to the team bus

Cody... agile and keen, good kicking ability and although lacking in height can catch a ball. Good distribution[/quote]

Should have said theo can''t even catch a bus! hur hur hur!!!!

I''d say Rudd has the most promise out of all of them but maybe not the finished article yet. I''ve only seen him play once (at Gillingham) but he was genuinely impressive, great shot stopping, commanded his area, absolute cannon of a goal kick and great decision making (particularly when flattening Simeon Jackson).

I think young Declan will in time be the best goal keeper we''ve had since Greeno, maybe even better and hopefully less prone to howlers!

I think Forster has come on enormouosly this season,  crucial saves at crucial times in game and has secured us as many points recently as Holt etc.

Marshall is harshly criticised in my mind,  but I have more confidence in Marshall on crosses than forster so our current keeper has, esp as I think he will continue to imporve over the coming weeks. Both are better from  the limited amount we got to see of Alnwick.  I cant comment on Lewis as I have never seen him play. 

I think Forster is poor he always makes maistakes when there is no pressure on him which shows a lack of concentration. As for his kicking its woeful and you would think the Goalkeeping Coach would have sorted that out by now as it is a fundamental part of the goalkeepers skills. i liked Rudd when he played but would go for Green as he is now proving at West Ham and England

Surprising how few people have seen Lewis play. According to some sources, what with exposure in the Championship and the cup, he is now close to being in the England reckoning.

OTBC

forster for me great shot stopper and   just seems to pluck crosses out of the air at will..  his kicking will improve..he`ll play for england one day [:D]