Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Holt..He could suprise

a few! i wont say he aint good enough for this or that until he has been given the chance..at this age he has now got the experience etc where as before it may have been to early..Players like him who may not be the fastest etc,usually get better with age,i.e Iwan, and can really be a handfull for any defence as his experience will give him the ability to position himself early and his strength will hold up the ball bringing others into play..He has a superb heading ability already..in some ways very similar to iwan who i think couldve had 1 season in prem,perhaps coming off the bench..in that cup match with everton,he was a real handfull, and that was a goal! 

He is a goal scorer and he knows where the back of the net is. As long as the team are good enough to create chances at a higher level he will still score goals. Just not as many as this season.

I was disappointed that Worthy didn''t see fit to give Iwan a run in the Prem season. Yes I know, he was struggling, even when we went up-but he could have played a part, around the squad, in the dressing room/training and as a sub, we might even have got the odd game out of him! He and Hucks had a good understanding and, I think, something was "lost" when he went, which we could have done with at the club that season-looking back, turning one of those draws into a win would have kept us up, who might have been able to contribute more to that, Iwan, old and knackered as he was, or Thomas Helveg?

Same thing regarding Malky. Should have been kept on.

Still, there you go...

Holt should be in his prime now and for the next couple of years!

I think he''d be a handful in the Championship, we''d of been better of with him last season!

As for Mackay and Roberts - getting rid of them was the start of the downfall for Worthy. Mackay would of been a regular while Roberts would of done a good job as a squad player!

If we go up I hope Lambert doesn''t alter the squad too much apart from replace the poorer squad players with better players cause I think we''d do well with this team in the Championship!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I was disappointed that Worthy didn''t see fit to give Iwan a run in the Prem season. Yes I know, he was struggling, even when we went up-but he could have played a part, around the squad, in the dressing room/training and as a sub, we might even have got the odd game out of him! He and Hucks had a good understanding and, I think, something was "lost" when he went, which we could have done with at the club that season-looking back, turning one of those draws into a win would have kept us up, who might have been able to contribute more to that, Iwan, old and knackered as he was, or Thomas Helveg?

Still, there you go...[/quote]Ahhh Helveg! Now that brings back memories! If i remember he was starting to come good towards the end of the that season, when Worthy finally stopped playing him out of position! On topic, I think Holt is of the same level and style as Alan Lee and would make a good mid table type player.... I also think he is a valuable member of the dressing room and we finally do have a captain in the team after all the years of it jumping between people.

If sorry when we do go up this year,apart from holt,our youngsters who have been on  such a steep learning curve will be stronger and more experienced,having to deal with league 1 bruisers! ...I think next year our squad will be more tham capable of holding their own,and with a couple more players added, there is no reason why we cant do a forest

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I was disappointed that Worthy didn''t see fit to give Iwan a run in the Prem season. Yes I know, he was struggling, even when we went up-but he could have played a part, around the squad, in the dressing room/training and as a sub, we might even have got the odd game out of him! He and Hucks had a good understanding and, I think, something was "lost" when he went, which we could have done with at the club that season-looking back, turning one of those draws into a win would have kept us up, who might have been able to contribute more to that, Iwan, old and knackered as he was, or Thomas Helveg?

Still, there you go...[/quote]There is more to be said for keeping Roberts than Malky but at the end of the day they werent expensive players and both could have been useful not just in the Prem but the season after when we were relegated. Roberts was never quick and I think could have gone on and played a bit part role and perhaps helped new players coming in when we knew their would be turmoil.Having said that it is quite obvious that Worthington didn''t let them go easily.