Sign in to follow this  
Robornio

Tony Fernandes interested in West Ham?

The BBC recons that Tony Fernandes (aka Team Principle at Lotus F1 & owner of AirAsia) is interested in West Ham. Annoying, as Lotus F1 & Lotus Cars are both based locally in Norfolk, are a legendary Norfolk car brand, and with our past relationship with Proton and Malaysia - you would have thought we''d seem a more appropriate team to invest in. And isn''t buying a club with £23m debt, on the up, better than a club £35m debt, on the down??

I really wish we''d act on things like this and try to make contract with people who could potential invest in us. Instead of just waiting and watching them invest in other teams.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8455544.stm

This is an excellent point. Particularly re former links with Malaysia and Fernandes'' links with Proton owned Lotus.

I''d really like to know if any attempts have been made to re-connect with previous Proton contacts. Someone should shoot an email off to McNally.

[quote user="a1canary"] Someone should shoot an email off to McNally.[/quote]No they shouldn''t. For all of his obvious faults Neil Doncaster spent a ridiculous amount of time answering inane e-mails from idiotic fans. I say we let McNally get on with his job in the vague hope that one day he will utter a Tuckerism that will have us all in stitches [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="a1canary"] Someone should shoot an email off to McNally.[/quote]

No they shouldn''t. For all of his obvious faults Neil Doncaster spent a ridiculous amount of time answering inane e-mails from idiotic fans. I say we let McNally get on with his job in the vague hope that one day he will utter a Tuckerism that will have us all in stitches [:D]
[/quote]

For all Doomy''s faults at least he never answered an email like that prat from Liverpool did!

I don''t consider this issue inane! If we are seriously courting investment, these are exactly the sort of avenues we should be exploring.

Even if Fernandes is a hammer, doesn''t rule him out. Cowling''s a sham fan too but bought in to ColU because of his business interests in Colchester. If Fernandes is getting involved with Lotus, he has business interests in Norfolk.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="a1canary"] Someone should shoot an email off to McNally.[/quote]No they shouldn''t. For all of his obvious faults Neil Doncaster spent a ridiculous amount of time answering inane e-mails from idiotic fans. I say we let McNally get on with his job in the vague hope that one day he will utter a Tuckerism that will have us all in stitches [:D][/quote]

For all Doomy''s faults at least he never answered an email like that prat from Liverpool did!

[/quote]I would have had a lot more respect for him if had have answered one in that manner. If someone kept emailing me to tell me how to do my job I certainly wouldn''t have been so polite. Football fans these days seem to think they have every right to slag off anyone connected to the club they support in the most disgusting language available but turn into 50 year old virgin spinsters the moment they get any stick back.

[quote user="a1canary"]I don''t consider this issue inane! If we are seriously courting investment, these are exactly the sort of avenues we should be exploring. Even if Fernandes is a hammer, doesn''t rule him out. Cowling''s a sham fan too but bought in to ColU because of his business interests in Colchester. If Fernandes is getting involved with Lotus, he has business interests in Norfolk.[/quote]

I think the plan is to eventually move Lotus F1 out to Malaysia, from then on they will only be Lotus in name...

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="a1canary"] Someone should shoot an email off to McNally.[/quote]

No they shouldn''t. For all of his obvious faults Neil Doncaster spent a ridiculous amount of time answering inane e-mails from idiotic fans. I say we let McNally get on with his job in the vague hope that one day he will utter a Tuckerism that will have us all in stitches [:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would have had a lot more respect for him if had have answered one in that manner. If someone kept emailing me to tell me how to do my job I certainly wouldn''t have been so polite. Football fans these days seem to think they have every right to slag off anyone connected to the club they support in the most disgusting language available but turn into 50 year old virgin spinsters the moment they get any stick back.
[/quote]

That only works if the person is doing there job properly though, I can''t say Doncaster did his job all that well [:P] Although if he had of answered one in that mannaer we would have got rid of him a lot quicker!

Its the London thing if your a rich foriegner its about a trophy asset and Norwich is just not on their radar.Better Brentford/Charlton/Millwall West Ham etc etcThey all think that better to be in London since the potential market is huge and they could have a Chelsea or a Fulham (even though they seldom do).In the cold hard light of day would you buy Norwich and then spend 50 million on then or buy one in London?Think about it Wife can go to Harrods and ground is a short S class trip from Eaton Square.  Then back to Heathrow to pop back home.I am enjoying things at the moment I don''t want more debt and a foriegn owner I just want more investment to reduce the debt since I think we are not even half way through the recession (rates yet to go up).

I don''t see why a london club has a so much greater catchment area than us when you''ve got so many clubs there. There''s a good chance west ham and us will be in the same league next year, then what would you have rather done? Spent 100m on a club with 38m debts and a massive and unsustainable premier league wage bill or 40-50m on one on the up with 23m debts and a properly controlled wage bill. Do the math Mr Fernandes!

Um... If I had the money, I''d buy the club I love (Norwich) rather than the club of the place where I live (Brighton). I can''t expect others not to do the same...

[quote user="pennywise "]i heard we are currently courting tony orlando  [:D][/quote]"Tie a Yellow Ribbon" [8] It''s perfect! Somone email Mcnally immediately! [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would have had a lot more respect for him if had have answered one in that manner. If someone kept emailing me to tell me how to do my job I certainly wouldn''t have been so polite. Football fans these days seem to think they have every right to slag off anyone connected to the club they support in the most disgusting language available but turn into 50 year old virgin spinsters the moment they get any stick back.
[/quote]

No need to be rude or abusive just delete and get on with your job. Funny thing is that I lost count of the number of posters on here who twittered on about how great it was that Doncaster found the time to reply to emails from fans. I couldn''t help but wonder that his time would be better spent running Norwich City Football Club.