Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Norwich City fans...You decide!

I have tried to be realistic about signings (No Chris Sutton, John Hartson etc.) 

The candidates:

Mark De Vries

Height: 6''4"
Club: Hearts

League Goals/Games Ratio: 0.41
Information: Known to be injury-prone. A big, physical striker who has been compared to Emile Heskey but with great pace, skill and without the need to fall over every 5 seconds. Another Ricardo Fuller perhaps?

Marlon Harewood

Height: 6''1"
Club: West Ham United
League Goals/Games Ratio: 0.30
Information: Skilful attacker, used much on the right side of midfield for West Ham. Currently their top scorer with 10 goals this season. Scored a cracker at Carrow Road last season, good athlete.

Dean Ashton

Height: 6''2"
Club: Crewe Alexandra
League Goals/Games Ratio: 0.38
Information: Highly-rated product of Crewe''s legendary youth system, scoring goals for fun at Championship level. Tall and strong, the ideal target man; though equally comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Robbie Blake

Height: 5''9"
Club: Burnley
League Goals/Games Ratio: 0.29
Information: Tricky and skilful; Burnley''s answer to our own Darren Huckerby. Not the target man that the other targets would suggest we''re going for, but a decent goal scorer at Championship level. Nigel Worthington has ruled him out, and Wigan are pushing Burnley with hefty offers.

The likely outsider:

Jason Euell

Height: 6''2"
Club: Charlton
League Goals/Games Ratio: 0.28
Information: Versatile forward, played often behind the striker/s for Charlton. A good finisher with pace and power, though has only scored twice this season from 13 league appearances. The real standout with premiership experience and class.

Taking all of this into account, who is your choice of the candidates to help keep Norwich City alive in the Premier League?

If you could choose just one...who would it be a

A brief side note: perhaps Burnley keep rebuffing Wigan''s advances because a deal has already been struck with a different and more high profile club... Incidentally, I have NO insider info of any descript, merely a suggestive observation. 

i would preferable pick an english player so we can use him straight away.......

Not someone who isnt used to english footie.

For me its between Harewood And Ashton.......

Harewood - big, strong good in the air and on the ground, but cost, west ham would up the price...

And Ashton - tall, great in the air and scoring lots of goals at the moment

I reckon worthy should go for BOTH of these if he could

but if one i would choose Harewood for experiance......

But again we should try and get BOTH of these players!

(too much wishful thinking) Anyhow back to reality, we have chelski later!

I''m sorry Campbell but if we''re going to be "realstic" about who we will sign, we have to take Ashton out of the running.  With clubs like Birmingham and Spurs sniffing round him and a price tag of £2.5-3M, there is no way in hell we could afford him in January

[quote]I''m sorry Campbell but if we''re going to be "realstic" about who we will sign, we have to take Ashton out of the running. With clubs like Birmingham and Spurs sniffing round him and a price tag of £2...[/quote]

Yes, but who is to say it will be a straight up cash offer?

We''ve done some good business with Crewe in the past, and relations between the two clubs seem good, so who''s to say it wont be a deal like: £1.2m + Jarvis and Henderson on loan for the rest of the season?

That''s just an example of how it may be worked, but there are all kinds of structures that can be used in order for this transfer to go through. Another is £1.2m up front with another £1.5m based on whether we stay up? Or £1m if we go down but come back up within the next 2 years.

Have some faith in the board''s ability to strike a deal!

we wont have harewood either now......

Read my other thread, and whatever happens Pardew says no.......