Sign in to follow this  
Wandsworth Canary

4000 away fans

With the recent talk on restricted tickets at Col Who and less than 900 available at Brighton. How many do we think we will take to Millwall? I see their dedicated away end can hold up to 4000. It would be great if we could go close to filling that. I for one have my tickets (although unreserved seating I note).

We managed 1800 away at Brentford on a Tuesday night when we were terrible.

Agree, but shame if they are. I worked down that way for a while and to be honest, unless you are from a team they really hate (West Ham) there is no more trouble than at most games. It is also so well organised that you are probably safer there then most places.

I''m pretty sure we took 4000 down (first game of ??) season. Filled bottom & top tier and got spanked to boot.

Still reckon it''s a pretty horrible place, we went with a ''wall supporter who parked on a housing estate near to the ground and it wasn''t a pleasant experience on the walk to the ground. I know others will say different.

[quote user="Romantic"]I''m going. I went last time. No trouble at all and we filled our allocation.
[/quote]

last time I went we used club travell and was taken right into Millwall car/coachpark and never saw thier fans till we got to our seats in the stand, one thing I noticed was how empty the place was in the home end

[quote user="Fellas"]Less than that probably due to the reasons above. I''m not going and I live in Lambeth.[/quote]

Millwall fans seem confident we''ll sell our allocation. I''ll be going, live in Bromley so a nice short trip for once. First time at the new Den, go passed it every day on the train so should be interesting.

[quote user="Wandsworth Canary"]Agree, but shame if they are. I worked down that way for a while and to be honest, unless you are from a team they really hate (West Ham) there is no more trouble than at most games. It is also so well organised that you are probably safer there then most places.[/quote]

agreed. I have been to Millwall and never had any trouble.

Millwall is fine as long as you''re sensible. Dont turn up with a large group of Stone Island clad neanderthals, don''t sing and shout outside the ground and hide your colours.

Also - their mob tend to patrol London Bridge station and the area between South Bermondsey and The New Den . If you get the tube to Surrey Quays (East London line) there''s a safe Weatherspoons pub opp the station and its an easy walk from there.

if you go looking for trouble youll find it if not youll be fine no where near as bad as reputation or in past decades, if we were a team like leeds cardiff west ham it may be another case but were not.

We have 2000 tickets for the Upper Tier, unreserved seating, if that sells out they will request another 1000 for the lower tier.

[quote user="Col Canary"]

Doh!

Thanks Wandsworth.

[/quote]

You can get a 47 from London Bridge to Surrey Quays or a 47, 188 or east london line replacement bus from canada water which is east on the jubilee line from london.

Alternatively outflank them and walk from New Cross Gate train station that''ll confuse the buggers!!! Also there''s a not too bad hobgoblin pub opposite the station which is full of students so no Millwall fans to worry about at all.

I do hope we need more than the upper tier. Last time I went there was for game against Port Vale a couple of years back. The 200 or so Vale supporters looked so silly and very very lonely in the centre of the upper tier. The rest of the stadium was pretty empty too, apart from the main stand. There was a small group of Millwall in the stand to Valiants left (upper tier) who spent all game gesturing and bad mouthing at them...which was kind of ironic as it was one of the ''Kick it Out'' sponsored games...lots of respectful activity going on in the way of posters banners and T shirts, but still a trace of the undesirable element lurking. Other than that no trouble, hospitable club, good facilities and enjoyable as a neutral, particularly as I was on a hospitality ticket.

Looking forward to the next visit as a partisan...cant see why you would want to hide your colours

Went with a mate whose an Orient fan last season and didnt feel in the slightest bit threatened. The walkway from the station to the away end takes any hassle of having to walk down the road and as long as you aren''t silly and don''t go looking for trouble there isn''t likely to be any problems!