Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Bailey - Delia has let slip again'

On the subject of selling the ground, Reported today that the Glazers are looking to sell Old Trafford to pay off the debts.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]haha..topman!Just that you got my hopes up last week only to read about our debts [:(]Thats like going on a date, getting asked back then her falling asleep![/quote]Damn right it is and damn the bad news. I''m enjoying the build up to Saturday''s game much more. Seriously, it''s hard work making sure I don''t get too worked up - otherwise I''ll never get my interview with Mr Cowling.At least I get to be in the stands proper for Saturday - the first time in at least two seasons.[/quote]I take it you''re going to be in with the away fans Michael? Otherwise I think it will be fairly easy for the Col U ticket office to track you down! [:D]

[quote user="singing canary"]she has put very little in hence why we are in the position we are in .

i bet foulger has put twice as much as she has.[/quote]I bet you''re a fool

considering it was foulger who funded the players this season by matching gate refunds ..i think you are wrong .

did he or did he not? ..hardly a foolish considering delia is worth alot more money ..?

and the turners investment...?

delia has not pumped much money into this club if you compair to other teams with ambition .

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]

I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked!
[/quote]

I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).
[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)][/quote]

Like any journalist, I''m screwed without at sub editor...
[/quote]

So don''t journalists require a basic education any more then?

Or is the definition of a sub editor someone who can write literate English?

[quote user="singing canary"]considering it was foulger who funded the players this season by matching gate refunds ..i think you are wrong . did he or did he not? ..hardly a foolish considering delia is worth alot more money ..? and the turners investment...? delia has not pumped much money into this club if you compair to other teams with ambition .[/quote]

No, you are a fool.   Whatever anyone thinks of Delia, she has put between a quarter and a half of her total wealth into the Club.  Have you?  Would you?  Of course not. 

Foulger has made valuable contributions of course.   But you sir are a fool

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="singing canary"]considering it was foulger who funded the players this season by matching gate refunds ..i think you are wrong . did he or did he not? ..hardly a foolish considering delia is worth alot more money ..? and the turners investment...? delia has not pumped much money into this club if you compair to other teams with ambition .[/quote]

No, you are a fool.   Whatever anyone thinks of Delia, she has put between a quarter and a half of her total wealth into the Club.  Have you?  Would you?  Of course not. 

[/quote]I can confirm that you indeed a fool.

a quarter and a half , that makes three quarters of her wealth .

im not the type of person who name calls mate .

but if think delia has put almost everything she owns i into ncfc ..im sorry my friend you are the fool..!!!

[quote user="singing canary"]a quarter and a half , that makes three quarters of her wealth .

im not the type of person who name calls mate .

but if think delia has put almost everything she owns i into ncfc ..im sorry my friend you are the fool..!!![/quote]Err...."she has put between a quarter and a half of her total wealth into the Club"

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

I can confirm that you indeed a fool.
[/quote]

Sorry, in what way do you disagree?  I am undoubtedly a fool but why specifically do you think so?

not being funny that was your quote .

all im saying is this is the game in football .

you dont buy players that are to standard you dont achieve .

clubs with ambition dont make the decisions delia has . if you compair what she has put into the club to other chairman of clubs its peanuts .

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)][/quote]Like any journalist, I''m screwed without at sub editor...[/quote]

[/quote]Camuldung

[quote user="JF"]On the subject of selling the ground, Reported today that the Glazers are looking to sell Old Trafford to pay off the debts.[/quote]Their training ground. Not Old Trafford.

Delia and MWJ gave the club another £2m+ interest free loan. Foulger gave about £850k.

Delia''s pockets aren''t bottomless and she contributes more than her fairshare. Her main sin has been employing people who weren''t cut out for the job of running a football club - we all know she deffers most footballing decisions to other members of the board or the CEO, which when it was Doncaster wasn''t the greatest idea ever. Now we have McNally who seems to have his head screwed on right and the way the club is running is a marked improvement, regardless of the improvements on the pitch.

According to Mick Dennis''My estimate – and it is only that – Delia and Michael have put about two-thirds of their wealth into Norwich City'' Therefore anyone claiming otherwise is a fool.  So you''re all fools [;)]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Delia and MWJ gave the club another £2m+ interest free loan. Foulger gave about £850k.

Delia''s pockets aren''t bottomless and she contributes more than her fairshare. Her main sin has been employing people who weren''t cut out for the job of running a football club - we all know she deffers most footballing decisions to other members of the board or the CEO, which when it was Doncaster wasn''t the greatest idea ever. Now we have McNally who seems to have his head screwed on right and the way the club is running is a marked improvement, regardless of the improvements on the pitch.

[/quote]Take your point with the original thread title.  The conclusion is, if she wasn''t a majority shareholder she''d have been booted off by now.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)][/quote]Like any journalist, I''m screwed without at sub editor...[/quote]

[/quote]No, I em illlitrit.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]

I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked!
[/quote]

I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).
[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)][/quote]

Like any journalist, I''m screwed without at sub editor...
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I em illlitrit.
[/quote]Smile [:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="JF"]On the subject of selling the ground, Reported today that the Glazers are looking to sell Old Trafford to pay off the debts.[/quote]

Their training ground. Not Old Trafford.
[/quote] That''s not what it said on the news this morning it definitely said they were looking at the option of selling Old Trafford. Maybe reporter got it wrong.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="JF"]On the subject of selling the ground, Reported today that the Glazers are looking to sell Old Trafford to pay off the debts.[/quote]Their training ground. Not Old Trafford.[/quote] That''s not what it said on the news this morning it definitely said they were looking at the option of selling Old Trafford. Maybe reporter got it wrong.[/quote]Apologies, JF. You are right and I am wrong. I see there IS now a suggestion that they might sell Old Trafford, but the training ground would be first to go, with Old Trafford as a last resort. Before I posted I checked The Guardian (which is probably the best national for United news) and it wasn''t mentioning the idea, and still isn''t, so it may only be a remote possibility. We shall see.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="singing canary"]she has put very little in hence why we are in the position we are in . i bet foulger has put twice as much as she has.[/quote]

I bet you''re a fool
[/quote]

You wouldn''t get very good odds

I''ve probably been one of the Sports Team''s most vocal critics over the years, particularly Cuffley and his magic recycling policy (read tabloid, digest, copy and paste)... but I quite like Mr Bailey, he seems to have brought a new energy to the team.  I might be biased having always enjoyed his input on these boards as a regular poster, pre-''fame'' (if its the same Michael Bailey, of course), but I also think that his hands are going to be tied by the general Archant regime - the ''No Questions Asked'' concept is usually reserved for dodgy goings-on, not newspapers.  Who knows why Archant seem to have this policy of lazily swallowing what the club tell them, but its been going on for as long as I can remember and it doesn''t look like its going to change now, so I''m trying not to hold grudges against the reporters themselves.As for Twitter, well I think the clue is in the name..........

There was also talk of them selling Wayne Rooney. If that happened I think Man U would hit free-fall. Maybe it would take that for the FA to sit up and do something about it all.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''ve probably been one of the Sports Team''s most vocal critics over the years, particularly Cuffley and his magic recycling policy (read tabloid, digest, copy and paste)... but I quite like Mr Bailey, he seems to have brought a new energy to the team.  I might be biased having always enjoyed his input on these boards as a regular poster, pre-''fame'' (if its the same Michael Bailey, of course), but I also think that his hands are going to be tied by the general Archant regime - the ''No Questions Asked'' concept is usually reserved for dodgy goings-on, not newspapers.  Who knows why Archant seem to have this policy of lazily swallowing what the club tell them, but its been going on for as long as I can remember and it doesn''t look like its going to change now, so I''m trying not to hold grudges against the reporters themselves.As for Twitter, well I think the clue is in the name..........[/quote]Tis the one and same EM. Good days, weren''t they?I know these conspiracy theories pop up and some things don''t help us - but I make a point of asking the questions and don''t plan on stopping (he says, beating his chest rather unnecessarily).