Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Bailey - Delia has let slip again'

Wonder what she let slip? (see Michael Bailey''s twitter) I know for a fact that Sullivan has been made well aware of Norwich''s finances and potential (been given figures of our costs, loans etc...)  I wonder if he has decided to delve a little deeper and contact Delia and Co.

Very Wishful thinking... her slip is probably that NCFC are about to cut the prices of their pies... :)

She was on Radio Norfolk at lunchtime as I was driving to work. From memory she said

Dale Gordon used to be her fav player

She loves all the players the same now as they are wonderful

She think Paul, Ian and Gary are doing a wonderful job.

Carrow Road will not be sold

Talked about her cookery shows and books

Looking forward to the ColU game and wished that their chairman hadn''t of fell out with us, fans should keep out of it and let the board sort it out.

Finished by singing the '''' Up the league we go'''' song with Karen

[quote user="The Chirp"]Wonder what she let slip? (see Michael Bailey''s twitter) I know for a fact that Sullivan has been made well aware of Norwich''s finances and potential (been given figures of our costs, loans etc...)  I wonder if he has decided to delve a little deeper and contact Delia and Co.

Very Wishful thinking... her slip is probably that NCFC are about to cut the prices of their pies... :)

[/quote]"There is at least one person in the City boardroom who won''t sell Carrow Road."Again from his twitter.

[quote user="Escape2Victory"][quote user="The Chirp"]Wonder what she let slip? (see Michael Bailey''s twitter)

I know for a fact that Sullivan has been made well aware of Norwich''s finances and potential (been given figures of our costs, loans etc...)

I wonder if he has decided to delve a little deeper and contact Delia and Co.

[/quote]

"There is at least one person in the City boardroom who won''t sell Carrow Road."

Again from his twitter.
[/quote]

Well that should put a few more in favour of selling on this board [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well that should put a few more in favour of selling on this board[/quote]

LOL

Her words on not selling the ground mean nothing. It will be out of her control when it becomes a case of that or going bust. Without investment it''s just empty words and i''m not having a go at her it''s just how it is.

[quote user="JF"]

Her words on not selling the ground mean nothing. It will be out of her control when it becomes a case of that or going bust. Without investment it''s just empty words and i''m not having a go at her it''s just how it is.

[/quote]Why do you think she is releasing / re-releasing all her books, and constantly on telly, and in womens'' magazines ?  What could she be doing with all that money ?

[quote user="JF"]

[/quote]How words might not mean anything, but her bank account might! Im glad she doesnt want to, I think it would be a a terrible short term solution that could potentially leave us wishing we had not done it perhaps 5 years down the line if we do become a mid table top flight team.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="JF"]

[/quote]

How words might not mean anything, but her bank account might! Im glad she doesnt want to, I think it would be a a terrible short term solution that could potentially leave us wishing we had not done it perhaps 5 years down the line if we do become a mid table top flight team.
[/quote] But how long will she continue to pump money into a bottomless pit of debt before it''s a case of enough is enough? I admire her for doing it but she can''t keep us above water forever. It''s clear that without investment it''s just putting of the inevitable.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]haha..topman!Just that you got my hopes up last week only to read about our debts [:(]Thats like going on a date, getting asked back then her falling asleep!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]haha..topman!Just that you got my hopes up last week only to read about our debts [:(]Thats like going on a date, getting asked back then her falling asleep![/quote]Damn right it is and damn the bad news. I''m enjoying the build up to Saturday''s game much more. Seriously, it''s hard work making sure I don''t get too worked up - otherwise I''ll never get my interview with Mr Cowling.At least I get to be in the stands proper for Saturday - the first time in at least two seasons.

So is this to do with Delia upsetting the MAN?  Cowling with her comments about the Col Who match today?He really needs to grow some.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]haha..topman!Just that you got my hopes up last week only to read about our debts [:(]Thats like going on a date, getting asked back then her falling asleep![/quote]Damn right it is and damn the bad news. I''m enjoying the build up to Saturday''s game much more. Seriously, it''s hard work making sure I don''t get too worked up - otherwise I''ll never get my interview with Mr Cowling.At least I get to be in the stands proper for Saturday - the first time in at least two seasons.[/quote]Send Mr Cowling my love wont you....saturday will be brilliant. I have''nt felt like this all season, i really really want to teach them a lesson! For the record....i dont ignore you....but please....next time, can you not build it up like that [;)] I was in a strop all day! Enjoy the game.

[quote user="JF"]

[/quote]

There might be a bigger issue here in that Delia may have spoken without the Board''s authority. Clearly as the majority shareholder she can veto any deal, but if this is an "option" as Bowkett said it was I don''t think a Chairman or a CEO will be happy that a majority shareholder has publicly removed that option without discussion. If I was in either of their positions and she spoke out without Board authority, I would walk - what authority do they have if she is speaking out about decisions which haven''t been made?

You are right in that without investment, the eventual sale of Carrow Road is inevitable as it is the only way the loans can ever be repaid. For Delia to say what she has said just emphasises how un-businesslike she is. I just wish she would stick to cooking when she gives interviews.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="JF"]

[/quote]

There might be a bigger issue here in that Delia may have spoken without the Board''s authority. Clearly as the majority shareholder she can veto any deal, but if this is an "option" as Bowkett said it was I don''t think a Chairman or a CEO will be happy that a majority shareholder has publicly removed that option without discussion. If I was in either of their positions and she spoke out without Board authority, I would walk - what authority do they have if she is speaking out about decisions which haven''t been made?

You are right in that without investment, the eventual sale of Carrow Road is inevitable as it is the only way the loans can ever be repaid. For Delia to say what she has said just emphasises how un-businesslike she is. I just wish she would stick to cooking when she gives interviews.

[/quote]

That was my thoughts.

Yet again we are shown that "board decisions" mean not a thing it''s what DS wants that counts.

Hide for a while, let McNally and Lambert get Her out of the **** then open mouth again.

"Lets be havin you" "Lots of investment", "We are fully behind Brian". Hic Hic

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]

I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked!
[/quote]

I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).
[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)]

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)][/quote]Like any journalist, I''m screwed without at sub editor...

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked![/quote]I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).[/quote]haha..topman!Just that you got my hopes up last week only to read about our debts [:(]Thats like going on a date, getting asked back then her falling asleep![/quote]Damn right it is and damn the bad news. I''m enjoying the build up to Saturday''s game much more. Seriously, it''s hard work making sure I don''t get too worked up - otherwise I''ll never get my interview with Mr Cowling.At least I get to be in the stands proper for Saturday - the first time in at least two seasons.[/quote]Send Mr Cowling my love wont you....saturday will be brilliant. I have''nt felt like this all season, i really really want to teach them a lesson! For the record....i dont ignore you....but please....next time, can you not build it up like that [;)] I was in a strop all day! Enjoy the game.[/quote]I''ll try, honest. But there are a lot of people who love building things up, as you can imagine.I''m not one of them, obviously.

Inch high - twitter is for the famous and the pretentious. Quite often both!

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Jim Smith"]So basically a case of Michael J Bailey getting all excited and dropping hints about another non-story![/quote]

I ignore the guy. He never really has anything "exclusive" and posts the obvious when things get leaked!
[/quote]

I love you to "CUSDP" (I''ll call you that on here to do you a favour).
[/quote]The word is ''too'', good job you don''t have to write for a living!!!! [;)][/quote]

Like any journalist, I''m screwed without at sub editor...
[/quote]You are, that should be ''without a sub-editor''...[:D]

Forgot to say in my post that Delia also said in her interview today that as  a new years treat to herself was that she''s having computer lessons , so hopefully in a month or so she might be able to come on here and read how much Nutty admires her [:D]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Wonder what she let slip? (see Michael Bailey''s twitter) I know for a fact that Sullivan has been made well aware of Norwich''s finances and potential (been given figures of our costs, loans etc...)  I wonder if he has decided to delve a little deeper and contact Delia and Co.

[/quote]

I dont know if this is what he is implying as ''a slip'', but in the interview she pointed out that the club had ''a wonderful asset'' to keep the creditors happy.

I have no real understanding of accounts etc, but by making a big deal out of owning the ground and its value etc, come the end of the season when the current deal on finance with AXA is supposed to run out, could AXA put pressure on us to sell the ground in order to settle the debt?

Q. What''s one thing to do if you want to drive up the price of something?

A. Declare that it''s not for sale.

Now if that were the case then Bowkett/McNally and Smith would be still singing from the same hymn sheet, wouldn''t they.

[:D]

OTBC

You can hear what Delia actually said if by listening to yesterday''s Karen Buchanan show on Radio Norfolk.

I haven''t listened to all of it, but near the beginning she said "We''re not going to sell the ground.  We''ve got to keep the banks happy by saying we''ve got this wonderful asset" then when Buchanan continued talking about finance she said "I''m not going to talk about the debt".