Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Did Semi underachieve with us?

Both.

He was looked bright enough to begin with but then for a long time he never really seemed to give you enough.

Having said that, most of his City career was spent playing under Grant, Roeder and Gunn. Bad years for us Perhaps if he''d joined a team on the up with a good manager incharge we would have seen more from him.

Yes!

He did show at times he is capable but didn''t do it very often!

He would of done better at a club where the team were performing well and their was more managerial stability but then again most players could say that!

In my opinion Semi has both talent and ability but I feel Roeder eroded any confidence Semi had. When he first started playing for us, Semi went up the right wing as Drury does on the left. Once Roeder took over, Semi seemed to play as if he''d be told not to do that and always appeared to be holding back. Any mistakes he made seemed to be exacerbated by us conceding very soon afterwards, irrespective of whether or not he was the last City player to touch the ball before the subsequent goal.

We have seen how confident players perform on the pitch under Lambert. Had he come in earlier, I think Semi''s confidence would have been restored. It was too late for him so I think this move will rejuvinate him and we will see how should have been, before he got trodden down. Just hope it''s not against us!

I feel he never did it for us, and i think that he would have a lot more about him if a manager decided to adapt his game to become a right wing back or right winger - now many defenders could cope with his pace when 1 on 1!

He has under achieved all his career...or he would have either been at Liverpool still or moved onwards and upwards.

Good pace but not the intelligence to realise you need to be switched on for 90 minutes plus.

Glad to see him gone

All the physical attributes to be a premier league full back, but all the footballing brain to play at the bottom end of this division. I think Southampton will think they''ve got a really good player for the six months as his mind will be switched on and he''ll be desperate to impress if/when he gets a contract i think he''ll slide back into his old habits.

One of the worst ball watchers i have ever seen, time and time again he was caught out rooted to the ground from corners waiting for the ball to come to him, he''s an average league 1 player at best and defo not one we need in our squad

Phenomenal pace but never really made the best use of it. Seemed very indecisive and was prone to switch off at key points. Unfortunately his body language often suggested that he didn''t give a toss, although maybe he did, and his heading improved in the latter part of his stay, but I would never pick him over Russell or Spillane.

He must have had something, he was player of the season at Crewe before he came.  On the whole he was very inconsistent... maybe he was too thick to follow instructions.

No chance.

He spent two and a half years here convincing people he was an actual footballer, and picking up a footballer''s wage, when quite clearly he''s better suited to a different job. Any job. A human mannequin, perhaps? Or being melted down for glue.

Either way, he did pretty well out of it.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Phenomenal pace but never really made the best use of it. Seemed very indecisive and was prone to switch off at key points. Unfortunately his body language often suggested that he didn''t give a toss, although maybe he did, and his heading improved in the latter part of his stay, but I would never pick him over Russell or Spillane.[/quote]I think that is a fair summary.[Y]

[quote user="dpit"]Or did we not mange to bring the best out of him?[/quote]Or does he just have the physical attributes of an athlete but the mental attributes of a yoghurt?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I feel he never did it for us, and i think that he would have a lot more about him if a manager decided to adapt his game to become a right wing back or right winger - now many defenders could cope with his pace when 1 on 1![/quote]

he was the only player worse at crossing a ball than crofty.....he was shit but thought he would excel in this division....but he hasnt

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="dpit"]Or did we not mange to bring the best out of him?[/quote]Or does he just have the physical attributes of an athlete but the mental attributes of a yoghurt?[/quote]Bit harsh on the yoghurt...