Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

HuckerbysBoots.com Fan Clips

http://www.wix.com/mattmorriss/Huckerbys-BootsI will be adding to the new website very shortly a section of audio clips from you guys especially, so please send me your rants, shouts and general views about all things Norwich City and they will be posted to the site.Try to keep them to a minimum of 1-2 mins and no more than 5mb in size. Files can be however they come so mp3, mp4, wma whatever you like.Easiest way to do it is to just use Sound Recorder in Windows XP/Vista/7 and email straight to me. Can also be compiled and emailed from mobile phones.Please send to  -  huckerbysboots@hotmail.comMain topics for your clips of course can be our recent form, promotion, Paul Lamberts future, sale of the ground, investment, Delia anything really. Just try to keep it clean, can i suggest replacing profanity with your own words like Fudge, BarSteward etc as i always find them amusing. Needs to be clean if im ever to get involvement from the club officially.

idea being kinda like Canary Call on Radio Snorefolk, only without Neil Adams retorts or the usual NCFC geniuses we hear week in week out!All audio clips can be replied to with the message board underneath the audio player, or of course just upload a new clip to me.

to WITS (non matching qoute blocks strikes again)thanks, saw the Exeter site and thought god we need something like that.Please upload an audio clip if you like.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Are you gonna start a new thread on here for each of you pages? :)[/quote]haha, no just this one..didnt want the audio clip section getting lost in the main post.

He''s obviously excited , cut him some slack.After seeing how "profesional" and well done the Exeter one is Im all in favour of a Norwich based one. Just be prepared to know that running a site like that is however a thankless task, so give the bloke some support ! :)

[quote user="Barclayman"]cmon guys I need some help with this, one of you must have something to say!
[/quote]I''m in Sweden, and I don''t know if it is your host, the Flash or just the internet connection, but the website is verrrrryyyyyyyy slooooooowwwwwwwwww at loading up.  Once you are in though, the speed is ok

Barclayman, very impressed how quick you''ve got this started and looks good so far.

I''m sure you''re gonna get plenty of suggestions, praise and probably some criticism along with a bit of mickey taking.

I hope it all develops well, if it ends up as good as kellows bootlaces you will have a well supported site.

I would advise you to take a balanced approach to all comments, both positive and negative.

I would definitely ask the kellow bootlaces crew for advice, which I would guess you already have.

Have you considered asking Hucks himself for regular inputs, interviews, comments or opinions.

By the name of this site, it is itself a tribute to him while following the club. He may consider being a patron (he could even be your patron saint). Just an idea made with good intentions. He could certainly open some doors i''m sure if he so desired.

Good luck with your deveopment of the site.

oh, your also missing a picture of Iwan Roberts ;)Might be cool to have a "legends" thread where it reviews modern day legends as opposed to some of the older hero''s.To loosely quote Rodent ( yes i feel dirty ) "Time for new heros"Maybe look at modern heros for the club since say 2000 and even a where are they now ?

Well, I was trying to be polite, but erm..........How should I put this?...........It''s um.........It''s, you know?...........It''s a..............It''s a pile of sh*t.

[quote user="Shyster"]Well, I was trying to be polite, but erm..........How should I put this?...........It''s um.........It''s, you know?...........It''s a..............It''s a pile of sh*t.[/quote]Don''t hold back, tell him what you really think

[quote user="Shyster"]I think you''ll have to fork out for a premium service, because that is way too slow.[/quote]I think somebody''s internet connection is a pile of ####!!

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]cmon guys I need some help with this, one of you must have something to say![/quote]I''m in Sweden, and I don''t know if it is your host, the Flash or just the internet connection, but the website is verrrrryyyyyyyy slooooooowwwwwwwwww at loading up.  Once you are in though, the speed is ok

[/quote]Its your internet connection, test it here - http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/might also be cause your in a different country.

[quote user="Shyster"]Well, I was trying to be polite, but erm..........How should I put this?...........It''s um.........It''s, you know?...........It''s a..............It''s a pile of sh*t.[/quote]What a completely pathetic response Shyster. Every other poster who has viewed the site has given some positive feedback, even the guys who know there stuff about website design. So what does that say about you? wheres your site Shyster? You really are a to$$er arent you.Ive made it clear its a basic site with ambitions of being like the Kellowes site.

[quote user="jammis"]It''s easy to be critical, or just plain rude, but how about lending a hand instead?[/quote]cheers Jammis, unfortunately some people have no class.

[quote user="Barclayman"]http://www.wix.com/mattmorriss/Huckerbys-Boots

I will be adding to the new website very shortly a section of audio clips from you guys especially, so please send me your rants, shouts and general views about all things Norwich City and they will be posted to the site.

Try to keep them to a minimum of 1-2 mins and no more than 5mb in size. Files can be however they come so mp3, mp4, wma whatever you like.

Easiest way to do it is to just use Sound Recorder in Windows XP/Vista/7 and email straight to me. Can also be compiled and emailed from mobile phones.

Please send to  -  huckerbysboots@hotmail.com

Main topics for your clips of course can be our recent form, promotion, Paul Lamberts future, sale of the ground, investment, Delia anything really. Just try to keep it clean, can i suggest replacing profanity with your own words like Fudge, BarSteward etc as i always find them amusing. Needs to be clean if im ever to get involvement from the club officially.
[/quote]

I expected it to be a pretty awful, simple website if I''m being honest. But it''s not bad at all.

One criticism/idea for you to consider - regarding the Video section. At the minute, you have to click on the video and watch a bit to see what it''s about. They are all grouped together when most have nothing in common. For example, a Huckerby interview and clips from the Bayern Munich game. May I suggest a description underneath each video, maybe just a title even. Perhaps you could also group ''interviews'', ''past clips'', ''2009-2010 clips'', etc.

Just some constructive criticism [Y]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]http://www.wix.com/mattmorriss/Huckerbys-BootsI will be adding to the new website very shortly a section of audio clips from you guys especially, so please send me your rants, shouts and general views about all things Norwich City and they will be posted to the site.Try to keep them to a minimum of 1-2 mins and no more than 5mb in size. Files can be however they come so mp3, mp4, wma whatever you like.Easiest way to do it is to just use Sound Recorder in Windows XP/Vista/7 and email straight to me. Can also be compiled and emailed from mobile phones.Please send to  -  huckerbysboots@hotmail.comMain topics for your clips of course can be our recent form, promotion, Paul Lamberts future, sale of the ground, investment, Delia anything really. Just try to keep it clean, can i suggest replacing profanity with your own words like Fudge, BarSteward etc as i always find them amusing. Needs to be clean if im ever to get involvement from the club officially.[/quote]

I expected it to be a pretty awful, simple website if I''m being honest. But it''s not bad at all.

One criticism/idea for you to consider - regarding the Video section. At the minute, you have to click on the video and watch a bit to see what it''s about. They are all grouped together when most have nothing in common. For example, a Huckerby interview and clips from the Bayern Munich game. May I suggest a description underneath each video, maybe just a title even. Perhaps you could also group ''interviews'', ''past clips'', ''2009-2010 clips'', etc.

Just some constructive criticism [Y]

[/quote]cheers Shaun, it is very basic and was made in about 2 hours! The video section was just chucked together but is sort of a timeline snippet of city from the bayern game onwards, to the glory years of Worthy, thru to some Hucks vids. But yes a bit of categorising might be done.

"It''s easy to be critical, or just plain rude, but how about lending a hand instead?"

I''ve run a several (once popular) websites for many, many years. I''ve kinda lost the will to maintain another. I''ve probably more experience in running sites than anyone on here - including the webteam! :)

Anyway - I did lend a hand by suggesting that he shouldn''t use flash, and should learn how to make websites, properly using HTML (and another dynamic language)... and encouraged him by suggesting it''s not as hard as he thinks.

I''d also say, get a domain (I''ve always used http://www.easily.co.uk as they give you full control - cheaper ones don''t tend to), get some webspace (http://www.punkyhosting.com is good, cheap and well supported) and create a site that isn''t flash and isn''t built with a generic site builder.

Ultimately, the site will only as good as it''s content, and the Exeter boys only have good content due to having press passes to the ground. If he could secure that to Carrow Road, then he is gonna be on a winner, if not, there is little chance (but, not no chance) of it being a decent site.

Also - in response to the response to person who said it''s "it''s shit"... dude, people are gonna say your site is shit, this whether your site rules or not... grow a thick skin and let it deflect... responding with "where is your site" etc., and inviting an argument, when you''ve invited criticism, doesn''t make you any friends or gain any respect. It''s hard, but ignoring it is better than rising to the bait. Who knows, a tongue in cheek "thanks for your considered opinion", might inspire something a bit more thought out...

Oh yeah - as another suggestion for creating a decent site, check out "Drupal" - it''s a very flexible CMS (content management system) and would save you a lot of time on HTML and PHP coding - although learning those skills will be essential in the long run.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"]Well, I was trying to be polite, but erm..........How should I put this?...........It''s um.........It''s, you know?...........It''s a..............It''s a pile of sh*t.[/quote]What a completely pathetic response Shyster. Every other poster who has viewed the site has given some positive feedback, even the guys who know there stuff about website design. So what does that say about you? wheres your site Shyster? You really are a to$$er arent you.Ive made it clear its a basic site with ambitions of being like the Kellowes site.[/quote]

Best leave it in the more capable hands of somebody like First Jedi then.He/She seems to know their stuff.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]What have you done to Carrow Road?!?! Its all squashed and looks petite!![/quote]er........perhaps you sit in the city stand and have never actually seen that side from a different angle!, its not all like the Jarrold!