Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Re: Harry Redknapp

Reckon there might be more to this story yet. Dodgy bank accounts in Monaco, large cash payment etc. Everyone has been saying old ''Arry is a little crooked for a long time. Who pays £7m for John Utaka (and pays him £80k a week) and £6m for David Nugent?? All speculation of course and he will receive a fair trial. Interesting thing is the Mandaric aspect, what happens regarding the fit and proper persons test if he is found guilty?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I like Redknap, but he is dodgy.[/quote]

ha ha, I think he''s dodgy too but if after months/years of investigation costing over a million quid the best the Revenue can do is prosecute for £40K then commonsense says that they shoujld have quietly withdrawn a while ago instead of pursuing the matter. Like I said it smacks of spite (not at all melodramatic to say this) and the fera of loss of face - at our expense.

As Bethnal says, I''m sure there''s more to this.

West Ham - club left with serious financial problems

Portsmouth - ditto

Southampton - ditto

Portsmouth - ditto

There''s a pattern there....if he''s not dodgy then his assessment of players and their worth in wages certainly is.

One, how do you know how much the investigation cost? Your first post made it sound like a random guess, the second like a fact.Two, does it matter? Do we only prosecute criminals if the value of the assets received is more than the cost of the prosecution itself? We do not.

"There have beena large number of criminals who have got away with some very dodgy stuff over the years only to get nicked for a minor tax evasion.*"

Al Capone, for one...

I cannot abide this bloke.. Hes a complete con artist t*sspot. Always has been, always will be. But still people will continue to make out hes some kind of Saint as hes got that cheeky chappie image. I for one hope he goes down.

I like Harry, certainly in the ''loveable rogue'' category and yes, i''m sure he''s as bent as they come!

Perhaps is our government weren''t so hell bent on milking anyone with a few quid to their name tax evasion would be less of an issue. My wife works for the local council and seeing how much money the government fritter away on totally ridiculous projects, even within the local area, means I would do the same without any feeling of guilt whatsoever!