Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Semi joins Saints on free transfer

Who is good enough for City ?

Not many, when everybody said Jurgen Colin was playing very well for City as right back, he was dropped and a certain Andy Hughes was put forward as a defender (oh dear), next was Jon .. and he''s gone now too .. can''t remember all loan players lately .. but Martin is a good solid attacking minded defender and he does well, Spillane and Francomb have to do well to get into the team.

I wish him good luck and hope he will not be on the bench all the time with the Saints.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I do think Southampton is an upcoming club and destined for the Premiership in 3 years[/quote]

After 24 games, if Southampton hadn''t had 10 points docked, they would be 6th in the table.  They won''t make the play-offs this season, so to get to the Premiership they''d have to do a Man City, and that doesn''t happen very often.   Even a club with the resources of Forest have struggled to cope with the championship before getting the measure of it, Wednesday look like they are slipping back into trouble after a couple of seasons out of league 1.
[/quote]

Alright then 3.33 years ! Having said that I do believe that Southampton will reach the play-offs this season so maybe my original prediction will stand.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I do think Southampton is an upcoming club and destined for the Premiership in 3 years[/quote]After 24 games, if Southampton hadn''t had 10 points docked, they would be 6th in the table.  They won''t make the play-offs this season, so to get to the Premiership they''d have to do a Man City, and that doesn''t happen very often.   Even a club with the resources of Forest have struggled to cope with the championship before getting the measure of it, Wednesday look like they are slipping back into trouble after a couple of seasons out of league 1.[/quote]

Alright then 3.33 years ! Having said that I do believe that Southampton will reach the play-offs this season so maybe my original prediction will stand.

[/quote]I''m going to go out on a limb here, and say that Norwich have a better chance of getting to the Premiership first.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I do think Southampton is an upcoming club and destined for the Premiership in 3 years[/quote]

After 24 games, if Southampton hadn''t had 10 points docked, they would be 6th in the table.  They won''t make the play-offs this season, so to get to the Premiership they''d have to do a Man City, and that doesn''t happen very often.   Even a club with the resources of Forest have struggled to cope with the championship before getting the measure of it, Wednesday look like they are slipping back into trouble after a couple of seasons out of league 1.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m going to go out on a limb here, and say that Norwich have a better chance of getting to the Premiership first.
[/quote]

I bet you £10 that Southampton will get their first and I hope lose the bet.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]To sum up the popular opinion on here, Semi is half the player he could be.[/quote]Yeh think thats a valuable post and summary :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="yellow hammer"]To sum up the popular opinion on here, Semi is half the player he could be.[/quote]

Yeh think thats a valuable post and summary :)
[/quote]

I think your glass is only half full

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''ll bet you 10 pounds that Southampton are still in League 1 at the start of the 2012/13 season.
[/quote]

OK, very happy to agree to that. Will you make the diary note or shall I ?!

Semi was always a bit of an enigma, had the potential and physical attributes to be a top footballer, trouble is I think he was just unusually thick, even for a footballer! I lost count the number of times he would bomb forward, stop, look lost and then lose the ball. Sure he had flashes, and some really good games but these were far too rare. Some have said that in another team he may flourish, I doubt it honestly, its not like he was played out of position!

Apparently after (somehow) winning a MOTM award last season the club said to him that he has to go and have his picture taken with the matchday sponsors, to which he replied "do i have to" so the club told him he didn''t have to and nobody could make him but said if he didn''t he would have been the only player not to have done it, so he told them he''d be ready in 30 mins. Nice guy huh.

I find it amusing to think that if it were the other way round, and Saints were cutting their losses on a similarly useless player and we were the nuggins to take them on, there would be uproar.Bye Semi.  You were stupid.

Seem to remember reading the Crewe forums when he first signed for us and many of them were saying he was good when he could be arsed to put the effort in but that was nowhere near often enough and so it has proved in his time here. There is a good player in there somewhere but with his half arsed attitude his potential will never be realised whoever he plays for.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish" as the saying goes!. Ostemobor represents what is bad about the modern day football pro, getting paid an obscene amount a money for being average at best (just because the market dictates so), lazy/thinks hes something he is clearly not a big time player!.

Will never forget his performance on that horrible day at Charlton last season when he produced the most abject performance I have ever witnessed from someone in a yella shirt!.  At the end of the game could not even be arsed to clap the fans until Gunn(about his best decision as manager!) made him and that was sheepishly done!. A coward just like his performances on the pitch!

Well done to Paul Lambert yet again who totaly has his finger on the pulse for me, top decision  to let him go plus the fact that he has obviously bigged him up to Southampton by Paul will surely damage their promotion plans if semi plays regular!!

Adios Jon, for me one of the worst players & certainly the laziest player ever to play for our great club................. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''ll bet you 10 pounds that Southampton are still in League 1 at the start of the 2012/13 season.[/quote]I''ll have some of that bet too please!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]I''ll bet you 10 pounds that Southampton are still in League 1 at the start of the 2012/13 season.
[/quote]
I''ll have some of that bet too please!
[/quote]

OK.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]I''ll bet you 10 pounds that Southampton are still in League 1 at the start of the 2012/13 season.[/quote]I''ll have some of that bet too please![/quote]

OK.

[/quote]Not with you! I think Saints will be in at least the Champ by then.

[quote user="Gazza"]

"Good riddance to bad rubbish" as the saying goes!. Ostemobor represents what is bad about the modern day football pro, getting paid an obscene amount a money for being average at best (just because the market dictates so), lazy/thinks hes something he is clearly not a big time player!.

Will never forget his performance on that horrible day at Charlton last season when he produced the most abject performance I have ever witnessed from someone in a yella shirt!.  At the end of the game could not even be arsed to clap the fans until Gunn(about his best decision as manager!) made him and that was sheepishly done!. A coward just like his performances on the pitch!

Well done to Paul Lambert yet again who totaly has his finger on the pulse for me, top decision  to let him go plus the fact that he has obviously bigged him up to Southampton by Paul will surely damage their promotion plans if semi plays regular!!

Adios Jon, for me one of the worst players & certainly the laziest player ever to play for our great club................. 

[/quote]

A few other good decisions by Gunn : Getting rid of Fotheringham and shipping out other wannaways at the end of the season, bringing back Cureton, playing Korey Smith and Adeyemi, giving Lappin another chance, buying Holt, buying Askou, buying Hughes, and yes also buying Nelson, refusing to sell Hoolahan, Doherty and Russell thereby guaranteeing the wrath of the power that be..........  sorry, that really is it. No more from me on the subject of Gunn.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]I''ll bet you 10 pounds that Southampton are still in League 1 at the start of the 2012/13 season.
[/quote]
I''ll have some of that bet too please!
[/quote]

OK.

[/quote]
Not with you! I think Saints will be in at least the Champ by then.
[/quote]

Oh ! I was starting to get excited !

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

A few other good decisions by Gunn : Getting rid of Fotheringham and shipping out other wannaways at the end of the season, bringing back Cureton, playing Korey Smith and Adeyemi, giving Lappin another chance, buying Holt, buying Askou, buying Hughes, and yes also buying Nelson, refusing to sell Hoolahan, Doherty and Russell thereby guaranteeing the wrath of the power that be..........  sorry, that really is it. No more from me on the subject of Gunn.

[/quote]Cant argue with any of those. I do feel sorry for Gunny I really do, I would love for thin gs to have worked out for him here but it just was not to be. I dont doubt he believes that if he had stayed in charge that things would have changed for the better but I cant see any evidence to back that up.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Oh my God, you are right.Bryan Gunn was a managerial genius.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Every month Gunn''s team is vanishing. Good init?[/quote]

What about Holt, Hoola, Lappin, Askou, Doc, Smith, Martin?[;)]

I remember Crewe fans describing Ost. as "lazy" when he joined us - I believe he went on to prove that assertion many,many times!Good riddance!

A few other good decisions by Gunn : bringing back Cureton,

[/quote]Well you''ve got me there Bob, can''t really argue that this wasn''t a managerial masterstroke can we?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!one of the worst right backs we''ve had for a very long while in my opinion. Has the physical ability, clearly he lacks the mental side of things...

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]A few other good decisions by Gunn : bringing back Cureton.[/quote]Gunn didn''t bring Cureton back, the board did before Gunn was appointed...........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7828617.stm

"Munby said a decision had yet to be made over who would take charge of the team for Saturday''s league game at home to Barnsley."

"Meanwhile, Norwich have recalled last season''s top scorer Jamie Cureton from loan at Barnsley and he will be eligible to face the South Yorkshire club on Saturday."

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="GJP"]

Just never really worked out for him here.

Despite what some of the experts on here say he''s obviously not that much of a bad player or otherwise he wouldn''t have played the number of games he has or be moving to another decent club like Southampton.

Ability wise he''s probably better than Martin and definitely better than Spillane but he''s very rarely been able to apply it and do the business on the pitch.

[/quote]

That''s a bit bumptious GJP. I doubt that any of us who have posted less than complimentary opinions on Semmy believe we are experts. However, we are allowed to have and communicate opinions even though you may not agree with them. Seems to me that you believe your opinion re Semmy is the only correct one and therefore you feel you are the expert.

[/quote]

It is a little poke at some of the OTT comments you get about certain players that aren''t rated by some fans.

[/quote]

Can''t think who you mean ! My initial impressions of Semmy were good but the more I saw of him the more worried I became. IMHO he lacks vision, loses concentration and, for a full back, lacks bite. He stands off attackers too much and allows them too much space even within shooting distance (Connolly goal a case in point) and his only real quality is pace which he really didn''t use to great effect anyway. I rarely saw him beat a player and his crosses were hit or miss. My main feeling about him is that he plays no better than when we were in the championship even though by definition he''s playing against lesser quality players. It''s almost as though he has dropped a level in himself too whilst some like Doherty is performing much better in league 1.

[/quote]I think he was ATROCIOUS!!! Everytime I listened on Radio Naaaaarrffolk he sounded awful.......... [;)][/quote]

Blimey, haven''t read that one on here before, that''s really clean bowled me. Anyway, just in case you are suggesting that my opinion is not based upon actually seeing Semmy play, you are wrong.

[/quote]Apologies Bob! I was just quoting the last post on there! T''was not aimed at you, just a general jest! [Y]