Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

COL U IN PERSPECTIVE

I would take a 1-0 win or even a draw right now because it is vital we keep our unbeaten or winning run going - whoever we play. I would celebrate 3 points above anything else.

Norwich need to up their game from recent performances otherwise we might end up disappointed.

The Col U chairman has acted in a very classless and irresponsible way but we are not playing him, we are playing a side with a top league position and very good home record.

Norwich need to concentrate on their own game and not be drawn into Colchester''s, we need discipline and effort to allow our better players to flourish.

The opening day game is history and has no bearing upon assessing the sides coming into this game.

Every game now is a cup final because the competition for those top 2 places is tight amongst a handful of sides. Every game matters as a points accumilation exercise and I am confident Lambert will have our boys properly focussed to win this game, put some distance between ourselves and the chasing pack and carry on being relentless.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I would take a 1-0 win or even a draw right now because it is vital we keep our unbeaten or winning run going - whoever we play. I would celebrate 3 points above anything else. Norwich need to up their game from recent performances otherwise we might end up disappointed. The Col U chairman has acted in a very classless and irresponsible way but we are not playing him, we are playing a side with a top league position and very good home record. Norwich need to concentrate on their own game and not be drawn into Colchester''s, we need discipline and effort to allow our better players to flourish. The opening day game is history and has no bearing upon assessing the sides coming into this game. Every game now is a cup final because the competition for those top 2 places is tight amongst a handful of sides. Every game matters as a points accumilation exercise and I am confident Lambert will have our boys properly focussed to win this game, put some distance between ourselves and the chasing pack and carry on being relentless. Revenge is a dish best served cold.[/quote]

as did your club in the poaching of lambert. cowling wouldnt have felt the need to make comments like that had he not been wronged in the first place. he put a lot of money and trust in PL and he threw it back in his face at the first opportunity. whay shouldnt he feel aggreived?

[quote user="eddy melito"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I would take a 1-0 win or even a draw right now because it is vital we keep our unbeaten or winning run going - whoever we play. I would celebrate 3 points above anything else. Norwich need to up their game from recent performances otherwise we might end up disappointed. The Col U chairman has acted in a very classless and irresponsible way but we are not playing him, we are playing a side with a top league position and very good home record. Norwich need to concentrate on their own game and not be drawn into Colchester''s, we need discipline and effort to allow our better players to flourish. The opening day game is history and has no bearing upon assessing the sides coming into this game. Every game now is a cup final because the competition for those top 2 places is tight amongst a handful of sides. Every game matters as a points accumilation exercise and I am confident Lambert will have our boys properly focussed to win this game, put some distance between ourselves and the chasing pack and carry on being relentless. Revenge is a dish best served cold.[/quote]

as did your club in the poaching of lambert. cowling wouldnt have felt the need to make comments like that had he not been wronged in the first place. he put a lot of money and trust in PL and he threw it back in his face at the first opportunity. whay shouldnt he feel aggreived?

[/quote]Because this football, not a bloody marriage.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="eddy melito"]

[/quote]Because this football, not a bloody marriage.[/quote](lol)..........You''re not married then?

Whatever the argument on this and Colchester message boards the matter is now in the hands of the Football League Disciplinary Commission.

Provisionally scheduled for week beginning Jan 25th, probably in London.

[quote user="eddy melito"]

[/quote]Jesus, you lot still banging on about that?Yaaaaaaaaawn.

Totally agree Rudolph - the time has come to focus on the game not the off field antics. This is a very important game in our season. We must keep the unbeaten run going.

Players and managers move on in football, sometimes it works for them and sometimes it does not.

Cowlings behaviour says a lot about what sort of man he is to deal with and all I expect from the FA hearing is a compensation settlement more than Norwich wanted to pay and less than Colchester wanted to accept.

I hope the FA take Cowling;s dummy spitting antics and intransigence into account and if there is trouble at Saturday''s game amongst the crowd look at his part in that too.

In the end both clubs seem to have managers that are doing well for them and all I want is three points and move on to the next one.

Col U fans can get excited if they like; feeling like they have a rival is rather self affirming for them so let them enjoy it.......until the game starts.

I feel we are rivals at the moment, we must be due to being in the same division and both pushing to get promoted.

I don''t see it as a Derby. I think most people are just calling it that due to the geographical location of the clubs.

I''m too old to get excited.  For me it is just another game in a very long season and I''m just as much concerned v Gillingham and Leeds as v Norwich.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="eddy melito"]

[/quote]Because this football, not a bloody marriage.[/quote](lol)..........You''re not married then?[/quote]Nahhh...far too young [:D]

I''d take a result,  draw or win... The latter is preferable of course. I think the important part is not conceding an early goal cause that really would put Col in the driving seat.

Let''s give Cowling a nice s***burger to eat!

Like many people who get involved with football clubs, Clowning has an ego as fragile and overinflated as an airship. 

Would Colchester have been any higher in the table if Lambert had stayed?  I doubt it.  Time to focus on football, let the tribunal sort out compo and move on.