Sign in to follow this  
Colchester fan

We have brought in the Para's on Saturday............

[quote user="Lambert is King"]The paras rightly deserve every single peice of applause they will surely get - however I hope I am not being to synical by saying I feel this is another Cowling stir by having the paras at this particular game.[/quote]I think it is just a way of making the game a bit more special for the fans and if people get entertained they are less likely to pick a fight, I think the whole ground will applaud these folks they always get well supported here in Colchester.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"]It''s also a good way to have a few heavies available if things get out of hand, it would not be the 1st time we have used the army as stewards and they dont take their duties lightly, I remember a game against Bradford City years ago where their fans got a right pasting!
[/quote]

There in a band, not 3 PARA roughions, they march and blow, so I imagine they would be fair game in a fight[:D]

[/quote]

I imagine the Para''s are very good at that!!!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think they were the cabbage heads (Marines)[/quote]

Its called a Green Beret ''canaries in bed'', something not alot of pongo''s possess!

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]Canaries utd, tho the Marines are properly hard they are sailors not soldiers, the clue''s in the name[/quote]

You are incorrect ''Zachariah Lovespoon'', just because the Marines get to alot of operations onboard boats, its just a mode of transport, we''ll leave the sailing to the sailors! Formed in 1664 the Royal Marines, now the Royal Marines Commando''s have fought as soldiers in every battle since they were formed. 

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]Canaries utd, tho the Marines are properly hard they are sailors not soldiers, the clue''s in the name[/quote]

You are incorrect ''Zachariah Lovespoon'', just because the Marines get to alot of operations onboard boats, its just a mode of transport, we''ll leave the sailing to the sailors! Formed in 1664 the Royal Marines, now the Royal Marines Commando''s have fought as soldiers in every battle since they were formed. 

[/quote]I was going to say similar,  as it depends under which command they are under ie Royal Navy if posted to a ship or the army if sent to Afghanistan.

[/quote]

You are both correct, the marines are soldiers administered by the navy.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="jibbajabba"][quote user="Colchester fan"]It''s also a good way to have a few heavies available if things get out of hand, it would not be the 1st time we have used the army as stewards and they dont take their duties lightly, I remember a game against Bradford City years ago where their fans got a right pasting!
[/quote]

I remember that - ouch!
[/quote]

Funny that, I remember in my days as a NCFC steward that we were called in by Colchester when you played Aldershot at Layer Road because your "usual" stewards couldn''t handle the "Burberry Boys" from Aldershot! But I am sure you will now say how much tougher they are now and of course much more professional.

None the less anyone who wears the uniform and serves the country deserves a loud and appreciative ovation.

[/quote]

Was that when they had the ball dropped in by helicopter and made a big thing about 2 army towns playing in the game, if so I remember it well, not the Aldershot Burberry boys though you must have done a good job !
[/quote]

Thats was the one, very impressive sight that helicoptor landing in the centre circle. Oh they were a laugh a minute, some of them even strung a few sentences together.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="jibbajabba"][quote user="Colchester fan"]It''s also a good way to have a few heavies available if things get out of hand, it would not be the 1st time we have used the army as stewards and they dont take their duties lightly, I remember a game against Bradford City years ago where their fans got a right pasting![/quote]I remember that - ouch![/quote]

Funny that, I remember in my days as a NCFC steward that we were called in by Colchester when you played Aldershot at Layer Road because your "usual" stewards couldn''t handle the "Burberry Boys" from Aldershot! But I am sure you will now say how much tougher they are now and of course much more professional.

None the less anyone who wears the uniform and serves the country deserves a loud and appreciative ovation.

[/quote]Was that when they had the ball dropped in by helicopter and made a big thing about 2 army towns playing in the game, if so I remember it well, not the Aldershot Burberry boys though you must have done a good job ![/quote]

Thats was the one, very impressive sight that helicoptor landing in the centre circle. Oh they were a laugh a minute, some of them even strung a few sentences together.

[/quote]They should have got along well with some of our Stone Island boys then!

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Lambert is King"]The paras rightly deserve every single peice of applause they will surely get - however I hope I am not being to synical by saying I feel this is another Cowling stir by having the paras at this particular game.[/quote]

I think it is just a way of making the game a bit more special for the fans and if people get entertained they are less likely to pick a fight, I think the whole ground will applaud these folks they always get well supported here in Colchester.
[/quote]

I would imagine it''s got a lot to do with recruitment. Don''t drink too much or you might not be here for the championship season.

The Aldeshot lads were arses that day

The helicopter landing was great although i thought we were all going to get blown to the back of the Barside!!!

We always have concessions for the military and close ties. They like to do the band bit at the bigger games as it''s a good way of getting seen, shouldnt think theres any alteria motive for it this time either.

I''ll stop any chanting etc to applaud them

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Yes it used to be the throat, they now tend to stick their thumbs in your eyes to temporarily blind you and then follow that up with a forearm smash on your ears this has the effect of disorientating you leading to a full on assault with a knife or just to take you prisoner[/quote]Plenty of time for the enemy to shoot him then, had to take the enemy out in one movement in my day.[quote user="Colchester fan"] this will not be on show Saturday I hope![/quote]I hope not as I''m not sure how your stewards will cope ejecting the paras. Trust you have lined up lots of extra stewards and police then to deal with them then. Probably accounts for the massive increase in home attendance you anticipate.1/3rd Norwich, 1/3 stewards, 1/3rd police plus the 1,900 offical away following proving once and for all that you really can fill a 10,000 seater with just a couple of dozen fans if you''re Robbie Clowning.

soldiers  will  get a good hand from both set of fans . but as being a ex royal anglian you might not heard the thing about the paras.  Only two things fall from the sky is birds s**t   and paras . a army joke . Respects on the ball city .

Para''s... if they wanted heavies they should have gone for the Marines (proper hard soldiers)!!!

Of course they should get the ovation they truely deserve, just another cheap trick by Colchester to fill the stands, they could have easily waited for a game against Exeter of Carlisle?

[/quote]

A cheap trick to fill the stands? Lol, paranoid or what. If it''s the same as when theyve been before, the band has only ever numbered 15-20.

Just replying to myself too. Not a cheap trick by our chairman, but if you look, there is a recruitment fayre by the Army trying to get people from across East Anglia to join the army. Seems perfectly logical to me.

Not meaning to go into the boring why''s and where for''s but think you''ll actually find that they are Soliders.

Just can''t beleive all the City supporters wanting to go to the game missing this trick

Hire a plane and parachute in.They will be expecting parchutes!! Simples.[:D]

Para''s... if they wanted heavies they should have gone for the Marines (proper hard soldiers)!!!

Of course they should get the ovation they truely deserve, just another cheap trick by Colchester to fill the stands, they could have easily waited for a game against Exeter of Carlisle?

[/quote]

What the hell do you know The Marines don''t know weather they are soldiers or bloody salors, seem like a nice boy yhough