Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

Very concerned by the state of the pitch for saturday

Was just watching Look East and there was a pieve with Mike Liggins (think thats his name) siitng in site the Colchester stadium interviewing some fat Colchester fan who was moaning about how Look East have been reporting things and how it was unfair that it was all about Norwich being so bad when they beat us 7-1 as opposed to how great Colchester were on the day. Anyway I was not interested in the slightest about the moaning Colchester player. I was however very concerned to see that not only were there large areas of standing water on the pitch but they also had the sprinklers on watering it. Seemed very strange. If it is saturated it will cut up very easily on saturday and not suit our passing style.

[quote user="The Dog"]Was just watching Look East and there was a pieve with Mike Liggins (think thats his name) siitng in site the Colchester stadium interviewing some fat Colchester fan who was moaning about how Look East have been reporting things and how it was unfair that it was all about Norwich being so bad when they beat us 7-1 as opposed to how great Colchester were on the day. Anyway I was not interested in the slightest about the moaning Colchester player. I was however very concerned to see that not only were there large areas of standing water on the pitch but they also had the sprinklers on watering it. Seemed very strange. If it is saturated it will cut up very easily on saturday and not suit our passing style. [/quote]There has been heavy rain today in Colchester also they always water the pitch heavily before games, then take much of the surface water off before the game, this makes for a slick surface meaning our very quick players have an edge on the opposition if they are slow, also it is great for the heavy sliding tackles your boys are going to have to face for 90 minutes.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="The Dog"]Was just watching Look East and there was a pieve with Mike Liggins (think thats his name) siitng in site the Colchester stadium interviewing some fat Colchester fan who was moaning about how Look East have been reporting things and how it was unfair that it was all about Norwich being so bad when they beat us 7-1 as opposed to how great Colchester were on the day.
Anyway I was not interested in the slightest about the moaning Colchester player. I was however very concerned to see that not only were there large areas of standing water on the pitch but they also had the sprinklers on watering it. Seemed very strange. If it is saturated it will cut up very easily on saturday and not suit our passing style.
[/quote]

There has been heavy rain today in Colchester also they always water the pitch heavily before games, then take much of the surface water off before the game, this makes for a slick surface meaning our very quick players have an edge on the opposition if they are slow, also it is great for the heavy sliding tackles your boys are going to have to face for 90 minutes.
[/quote]

Just hope your players are up for meeting ''The Horse'''' [:)]

Thanks for the info. Please do go to ground and slide in Hoolan will have field day sipping round your players diving in! On the otherhand a slick surface could mean tugboat Nelson is even more exposed as the lower league donkey that he is!

[quote user="The Dog"]I was however very concerned to see that not only were there large areas of standing water on the pitch but they also had the sprinklers on watering it. Seemed very strange. If it is saturated it will cut up very easily on saturday and not suit our passing style. [/quote]But it will suit Boothroyd''s hoofing game.I wouldn''t put it past Cowling instructing his ground staff to make sure the pitch is unplayable to make a late call off. He''s that much of a pr*ck.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="The Dog"]Was just watching Look East and there was a pieve with Mike Liggins (think thats his name) siitng in site the Colchester stadium interviewing some fat Colchester fan who was moaning about how Look East have been reporting things and how it was unfair that it was all about Norwich being so bad when they beat us 7-1 as opposed to how great Colchester were on the day. Anyway I was not interested in the slightest about the moaning Colchester player. I was however very concerned to see that not only were there large areas of standing water on the pitch but they also had the sprinklers on watering it. Seemed very strange. If it is saturated it will cut up very easily on saturday and not suit our passing style. [/quote]There has been heavy rain today in Colchester also they always water the pitch heavily before games, then take much of the surface water off before the game, this makes for a slick surface meaning our very quick players have an edge on the opposition if they are slow, also it is great for the heavy sliding tackles your boys are going to have to face for 90 minutes.[/quote]

[/quote]Is he a horse or a Donkey [:)]We expected to sign Holt when Lambert was with Colchester but he was obviously scouting for you boys, I must say he has done very well as has Lambert at the Saints, better than i thought either player would do this season.

[quote user="The Dog"]Thanks for the info. Please do go to ground and slide in Hoolan will have field day sipping round your players diving in! On the otherhand a slick surface could mean tugboat Nelson is even more exposed as the lower league donkey that he is! [/quote]It will be interesting to see how things go, both teams have matchwinners and players who can stop people playing so I guess it depends on the tactics used.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="The Dog"]Thanks for the info. Please do go to ground and slide in Hoolan will have field day sipping round your players diving in!
On the otherhand a slick surface could mean tugboat Nelson is even more exposed as the lower league donkey that he is!
[/quote]

It will be interesting to see how things go, both teams have matchwinners and players who can stop people playing so I guess it depends on the tactics used.
[/quote]

If I was Aidy it would be simple. Lamp it forward in the channels for Lisbie et al to run after (and turn Doc and Nelson round) and kick Wesley. Do this and you lot have more than a sniff. Try and play football and we will murder you.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="The Dog"]Was just watching Look East and there was a pieve with Mike Liggins (think thats his name) siitng in site the Colchester stadium interviewing some fat Colchester fan who was moaning about how Look East have been reporting things and how it was unfair that it was all about Norwich being so bad when they beat us 7-1 as opposed to how great Colchester were on the day.
Anyway I was not interested in the slightest about the moaning Colchester player. I was however very concerned to see that not only were there large areas of standing water on the pitch but they also had the sprinklers on watering it. Seemed very strange. If it is saturated it will cut up very easily on saturday and not suit our passing style.
[/quote]

There has been heavy rain today in Colchester also they always water the pitch heavily before games, then take much of the surface water off before the game, this makes for a slick surface meaning our very quick players have an edge on the opposition if they are slow, also it is great for the heavy sliding tackles your boys are going to have to face for 90 minutes.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Is he a horse or a Donkey [:)]

We expected to sign Holt when Lambert was with Colchester but he was obviously scouting for you boys, I must say he has done very well as has Lambert at the Saints, better than i thought either player would do this season.

[/quote]

You''ll find out Saturday, and his nickname is ''The Horse'' and for good reason, if ya catch my drift

[quote user="bertie"]Is there any news for a planned pitch inspection or are they confident the game will go ahead??[/quote]No intention of a pitch inspection as far as I know, they are very confident it will be played, if I hear anything more I will post it on here.

[quote user="The Dog"]Was just watching Look East and there was a pieve with Mike Liggins (think thats his name) siitng in site the Colchester stadium interviewing some fat Colchester fan who was moaning about how Look East have been reporting things and how it was unfair that it was all about Norwich being so bad when they beat us 7-1 as opposed to how great Colchester were on the day.
[/quote]

According to the assistant groundsman, writing on the Colchester message board, the sprinklers were turned on for a short time to test whether they had been damaged by the severe weather.  He says that the the "waterhog" vacuum machine will be used on the pitch before the game which will slurp up any surplus water hanging about.  He does not envisage a problem with the pitch.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="bertie"]Is there any news for a planned pitch inspection or are they confident the game will go ahead??
[/quote]

No intention of a pitch inspection as far as I know, they are very confident it will be played, if I hear anything more I will post it on here.
[/quote]

Have you seen the weather forecast on BBC TV. ?  It may snow in Colchester on Saturday....aaaaggghhh!

BBC website says its going to be heavy rain so as long as it doesnt rain too badly should all hopefully be alwright. And you trust that colchester grouds man know what there doing with the pitch