Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Goss leaves Carrow Road with dignity!

With no disrespect to Mr Goss, who is indeed a legend, this just shows the clubs commitment to trim a lot of the dead wood away and cut costs.

He always struck me as a modest and down-to-earth man and he has proved it with his comments on leaving his post with NCFC. No resentment, no loathing and no recriminations. It''s a bit of a pity he felt he had to go actually.

[quote user="morty"]With no disrespect to Mr Goss, who is indeed a legend, this just shows the clubs commitment to trim a lot of the dead wood away and cut costs.
[/quote]

Genuine Guy, but yes another non earner trimmed from the LARGE salary base.

I wondered why he was not in his usual haunt on Saturday.

Good luck to him in whatever he decides to do.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]He always struck me as a modest and down-to-earth man and he has proved it with his comments on leaving his post with NCFC. No resentment, no loathing and no recriminations. It''s a bit of a pity he felt he had to go actually.[/quote]Yeah, respect to him for that.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"]With no disrespect to Mr Goss, who is indeed a legend, this just shows the clubs commitment to trim a lot of the dead wood away and cut costs.[/quote]

[/quote]This whole situation reminds me of when Man city were relegated and went into freefall. Talking to a mate who had links with the club he said it was awash with ex players milking as much as they could out of the club, and they had a cull.

Good luck to the guy in whatever he does next and a huge thank you for the memories of that goal against Bayern and even better the one at Elland Road (which for me is the best struck effort I have ever seen from a City player). 

I had the pleasure of working with Gossy for a year, and I can honestly say he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. The guy always has time for you and always has a story to tell.

My highlight of working with him was getting to kick a ball about with him for 20 minutes on a soaking wet day whilst waiting to show a group of kids around Carrow Road.

You''ll always be a legend Gossy. Thanks for everything.

Interviewed him for "Backpass" magazine last year, and, as others have said, he came across and is, a genuinely nice guy, dignified, approachable, and full of passion and energy for the game and for Norwich.

His recollections of the Walker side and his early days at the club were fantastic to hear and could have filled a book.

If he goes for a coaching or similar position in the game, have no doubt at all he will be a success. Good luck Gossy and thankyou.

A chap I used to work with years ago told me a very funny Gossy story. The chap I refer to was playing snooker with Gossy when this little old boy sidles up to Gossy and says: "You play for City, don''t you?" Yes, replies Gossy. "Which one are you then", says the elderly gentleman. "Ruel Fox", says Gossy, with a straight face. "Oh, right", the curious old cove says and walks away seemingly satisfied that he now knows the identity of the Norwich City player he has just met and probably tells all his friends and aquaintances that he met "that, there Ruel Fox yistaday evenin''"

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

A chap I used to work with years ago told me a very funny Gossy story. The chap I refer to was playing snooker with Gossy when this little old boy sidles up to Gossy and says: "You play for City, don''t you?" Yes, replies Gossy. "Which one are you then", says the elderly gentleman. "Ruel Fox", says Gossy, with a straight face. "Oh, right", the curious old cove says and walks away seemingly satisfied that he now knows the identity of the Norwich City player he has just met and probably tells all his friends and aquaintances that he met "that, there Ruel Fox yistaday evenin''"

[/quote]You can see the likeness though lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[/quote]

You can see the likeness though lol.
[/quote]

Yes, I suppose you can really!

[quote user="morty"]With no disrespect to Mr Goss, who is indeed a legend, this just shows the clubs commitment to trim a lot of the dead wood away and cut costs.[/quote]

[/quote]I heard Gunny needs a hand down at the Car Phone warehouse !;)Nah Goss deserves better than that... just couldnt resist a dig at Gunn.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]What a splendid fellow. Maybe some people could learn something from this[/quote]

Last May I played at Carrow Road against Gossy, and he is indeed a top guy, a very committed NCFC supporter and was a great ambassador. I''m not at all sure that I would class him and his role in the community as "dead wood". It''s very important to have an articulate, available face to the Club , and as one of the Club sponsors Im not certain this is the right way forward. No idea how much Gossy earned but sugest it wasn''t "Doncaster-esque" money, and the value for money in my mind is not in question. Good Luck Gossy.

I''m sorry to see Gossy leave Carrow Road.We''ll never forget those great Gossy days on the pitch in 1992/3. Mention Norwich to an opposition supporter who remembers that era and the chances are they''ll know his name. Gossy always described himself as a '' confidence '' player. To my mind that translates into being a good player but with humility to go with it too.I wish him good luck in whatever he chooses to do in the immediate future and I hope to see him return to Carrow Road soon.

Jerry Goss is a football genius!!

I loved that song that we used to sing about a true City legend.

I have been lucky enough to have a met Jerry on a number of occasions and i even once had a kick around with him in the dome up at a Colney, thoroughly decent guy who has bled NCFC most of his life.

Good luck and best wishes for the future and thanks so much for those glorious memories.

[quote user="morty"]With no disrespect to Mr Goss, who is indeed a legend, this just shows the clubs commitment to trim a lot of the dead wood away and cut costs.
[/quote]

[/quote]

My sentiments entirely, am glad jobs for the old boys no longer has a place at Carra Rud as the club can no longer afford it. Good luck to Jerry although not sure of his "legend"  player status to this day as he only had about 3 good games for us, just lucky that they all had national TV coverage.....