Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lambert

Doc spotted in Plymouth

Was definately the Doc that i saw outside Home Park in Plymouth so there is certainly some truth in the rumour that he may be moving on in this transfer window . Also confirmed by a mate who plays footie in the same team as Mariners son. Personally, I feel that it would be a mistake letting him go at the moment as he is playing well and by all accounts Whitbread is some weeks from being fully fit.

I''m sure Whitbread hasn''t signed to be a backup player, and with Askou developing well and Doc''s contract being up, I can see this happening. Perhaps not definitely Plymouth, but I don''t think he''ll be at Norwich come 2010/2011.

[quote user="Mook"]I''m sure Whitbread hasn''t signed to be a backup player, and with Askou developing well and Doc''s contract being up, I can see this happening.

Perhaps not definitely Plymouth, but I don''t think he''ll be at Norwich come 2010/2011.
[/quote]

Lambert said recently he has not got enough centre backs. Having got and extra one in I really can''t see him shipping one out again this January. Maybe in the summer but not now.

I have a mate who follows them and knows a few people around the club and he seems to think its a load of bull and he''s heard nowt, might be true tho but he usually finds stuff out before i hear anything, saying that i''m not a Plymouth fan so dont even care

Like any player in the last six months of his contract who hasn''t been offered a new deal, he''s free to talk to other Clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement for next season.

[quote user="Devon Yellow"]Was definately the Doc that i saw outside Home Park in Plymouth so there is certainly some truth in the rumour that he may be moving on in this transfer window . Also confirmed by a mate who plays footie in the same team as Mariners son. Personally, I feel that it would be a mistake letting him go at the moment as he is playing well and by all accounts Whitbread is some weeks from being fully fit.[/quote]

Wouldn''t be at all surprised as we seem to be letting go of players whose contracts are up in the summer. At least now he would go with his head held high and our best wishes for doing a sterling job and not sulking after being left out.

[quote user="Devon Yellow"]Was definately the Doc that i saw outside Home Park in Plymouth so there is certainly some truth in the rumour that he may be moving on in this transfer window . Also confirmed by a mate who plays footie in the same team as Mariners son. Personally, I feel that it would be a mistake letting him go at the moment as he is playing well and by all accounts Whitbread is some weeks from being fully fit.[/quote]The Doc obviously likes Div 1 so much he''s going to do everything he can to make sure he playing there next season.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Our best centreback - hope he stays![/quote]

LOL

My mate''s a Plymouth fan and is usually up to date with all the rumours that fly around. He hasn''t mentioned it at all. Unsure what to think of it to be honest. If he''s only got a year left on his contract he might be tempted

Lambert bought Whitbread cause he said we didn''t have enough CB''s at the club!

So why now get rid of the Doc who is our best CB and more than likely upset the balance of the team!

For the record, if we continue in our current rich vein of form and their aren''t any injuries, I can''t see how Whitbread (who isn''t match fit at the moment!) will get in the team!

Some fans will never see the reality with the Doc and are blinkered by all the bullsh*t critiscism the guy gets!

I''m glad Lambert isn''t as ignorant about football like all you Doc knockers appear to be!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Lambert bought Whitbread cause he said we didn''t have enough CB''s at the club! So why now get rid of the Doc who is our best CB and more than likely upset the balance of the team! For the record, if we continue in our current rich vein of form and their aren''t any injuries, I can''t see how Whitbread (who isn''t match fit at the moment!) will get in the team! Some fans will never see the reality with the Doc and are blinkered by all the bullsh*t critiscism the guy gets! I''m glad Lambert isn''t as ignorant about football like all you Doc knockers appear to be![/quote]

So anyone who doesnt agree with you that Doherty is great is ignorant? sounds alittle ignorant to me. Doherty is playing well at the moment and deserves his place in the side, but Doherty has criticism in the past because he has warranted it. The weaknesses in his game will probably show up again at some point if we get back to as higher level against better opposition, if they dont and he keeps this level of performance up then great he''ll stay in the side and be performiing well, but if he goes back to shirt pulling, poor distribution, and constantly dropping deep to sit on the edge of the penalty area dont think for a minute that Lambert wont replace him.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Lambert bought Whitbread cause he said we didn''t have enough CB''s at the club!

So why now get rid of the Doc who is our best CB and more than likely upset the balance of the team!

For the record, if we continue in our current rich vein of form and their aren''t any injuries, I can''t see how Whitbread (who isn''t match fit at the moment!) will get in the team!

Some fans will never see the reality with the Doc and are blinkered by all the bullsh*t critiscism the guy gets!

I''m glad Lambert isn''t as ignorant about football like all you Doc knockers appear to be![/quote]Doesn''t matter what Lambert thinks at all. The Doc is a free agent this summer and can speak to whatever club he likes about a move at the end of his contract.

This all started because of an e-mail sent to Sky Sports. No corroboration, just an e-mail. Now this comes up two days before a key match. Like Doc is really going to be in Plymouth now and will be back to play at Colchester on Saturday. That would leave City one fit RB and one fit CB (Nelson), with Doc rejoining at the last minute?

It''s simply ridiculous!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Why would he swap Promotion for relegation?
[/quote]

If Lambert has told him that there won''t be a new contract offered in the summer I can see why he is meeting potential suitors. Not that I really believe he was spotted in Plymouth, but he will certainly be thinking about his future and his agent will be seeing if anyone is interested.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Why would he swap Promotion for relegation?
[/quote]

He feels more at home with relegation.

Its like someone has two hats, they have all the players names on bits of paper in one and a load of random club names in the other.And they draw them out at random.Hoolahan to IpswichHolt to NewcastleChris Martin to Nottingham ForestYou get the idea....

Doc''s future will be sorted out once the season is over and both the club and the player take stock of the situation. If we get promoted and he continues his recent form for the rest of the season then I''m sure that both parties will be happy for him to stay on. If we miss out on promotion, then as one of the higher earners, I imagine he will move on elsewhere.

He let his contract run out before and was a free agent only to sign a new deal during the summer. Will be the same this time round.

Are you sure it wasn''t a Doc double? He has a rather stereotypical type of face. A few years back there was a Big Issue seller in Norwich, who had a rather natty little song to help sell his wares, and he looked remarkably like The Doc to me. No offence intended to either party!

[quote user="Barclayman"]''Devon'' Yellow, 3 posts, nuff said.[/quote]My thoughts exactly - and thanks for the name check!

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]I have a mate who follows them and knows a few people around the club and he seems to think its a load of bull and he''s heard nowt, might be true tho but he usually finds stuff out before i hear anything, saying that i''m not a Plymouth fan so dont even care[/quote]I belive you more than ''Devon Yellow'' Binenr fan in desguise or what?

I work just outside Plymouth and with a lot of Green Army - no mention of this rumour at all. It is simply untrue. Nuff said (another name check for you!)