Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Please help

Hi everyone,

I''m not sure this is permitted on this site and sorry for posting it if it isn''t. I''ve been on this message board for a few years now and know there are some good people on it. Anyway - the help I need is not for myself but for an old friend who is in real trouble. Some of you may have seen on the news that an English charity worker has been badly injured in Colombia. My mate Dan works to rehabilitate street kids and was taking some r and r in the jungle in Colombia. He was swimming in a lake and whilst diving in broke his neck after misjudging the depth of the water. He is paralysed and has had a couple of heart attacks. Basically he is not in good shape. To make matters worse, his insurance company will not pay for the air ambulance to transfer him back to the UK (which costs around £90,0000). His friends and family are banding together to try and raise the money to bring Dan home - hence my posting. I wouldn''t normally post this kind of thing but it is real and it is personal to me. I really hope you guys can help and don''t mind that I posted - I want to take every opportunity possible to help if I can and if you don''t ask you don''t get.

If you could donate any money at all to help Dan come home the justgiving address is:

http://www.justgiving.com/casa-alianza-emergency/

There is also a facebook group with updates about his progress and condition entitled Help Dan.

Thanks guys

Thats a real sad story, my thoughts are with him, his family and friends.

A very sad story indeed.

If i could give you one piece of advise in regards to your cause it is to contact the local media nd get them to put a piece in the local papers from thereyou may well get noticed by the nationals which really will help your cause.

I hope all goes well and my thoughts are obviously with all who have been effected by this terrible event

Gosh, I am about to go the other side of the world and do similar antics...

You never think it will happen to you or someone clsoe to you. My thougts are with you, Dan and all your friends and family.

Oh, and have stumped up some beer tokens as well to donate. Good luck!!

It''s incredibly harsh for Dan. The BBC did a brief report on his plight and it has been covered by the local press. These sorts of things have a ''tipping point'' so we''re really trying hard to keep it in the public eye until we''ve raised enough money to get him home. Thanks for donating :)