Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Any Clues In The Aidy Boothroyd Interview?

1. Boothroyd said yesterday that, while he was interviewed by the Norwich Board for the manager''s job after Glenn Roeder was sacked, the deal foundered because Norwich only wanted to offer the position until the end of the season. Of course, this is Boothroyd''s side of the story but, if his version is correct and, if he had accepted the terms, it would put a slightly different perspective on the Bryan Gunn decsion by Norwich.

2. I could not resist a smile at the Boothroyd comments regarding Bryan Gunn''s experience, quote:

Amidst all the controversy, Boothroyd insisted a thought should be spared for Gunn.

“I do think somebody like Bryan Gunn has had a real difficult time, to be honest, because you couldn''t wish to meet a nicer guy,” he said. “As a manager, when you are on the end of a seven it is a very, very lonely place and when you get that you look for support. I can remember there have been times when you are having a bad run and you look behind you and you think, who''s with me? And it can be lonely.

“I did feel for him and I was sad when he went, but it is something we all expect and I am sure the Norwich people and the Norwich fans and football in general has a high regard for him because he is a terrific guy and I hope to see him back soon, in some capacity somewhere.”

I''m sure you can remember Aidy. After all, your "seven" was less than two weeks ago. Despite Colchester''s position in the league I wonder if Boothroyd is aware of some issues in his own dressing room currently, and is building his case for sympathy in case things start to go downhill. 

Interesting theory, but I have to say, pure guesswork on your part.What is good though is that at least Boothy isn''t getting involved in stupid pre-match hype like his idiot chairman.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]"What is good though is that at least Boothy isn''t getting involved in stupid pre-match hype like his idiot chairman."[/quote]And your problem with that statement is?He is hyping this up as your biggest game ever, and a local derby, which it isn''t.The man is an idiot.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barside Edd"]"What is good though is that at least Boothy isn''t getting involved in stupid pre-match hype like his idiot chairman."[/quote]

And your problem with that statement is?

He is hyping this up as your biggest game ever, and a local derby, which it isn''t.

The man is an idiot.
[/quote]

All this hype from Cowling has been for one thing and that is to get this game sold out and it has worked.

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barside Edd"]"What is good though is that at least Boothy isn''t getting involved in stupid pre-match hype like his idiot chairman."[/quote]And your problem with that statement is?He is hyping this up as your biggest game ever, and a local derby, which it isn''t.The man is an idiot.[/quote]

All this hype from Cowling has been for one thing and that is to get this game sold out and it has worked.

[/quote]How many Colchester fans have helped achieve that remains to be seen lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barside Edd"]"What is good though is that at least Boothy isn''t getting involved in stupid pre-match hype like his idiot chairman."[/quote]

He is hyping this up as your biggest game ever, and a local derby, which it isn''t.

The man is an idiot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

How many Colchester fans have helped achieve that remains to be seen lol.
[/quote]

Funny thing is we get the money from your fans who have got tickets in the home end but you can''t actually give your team any support or you will be out.....So we get your money and you just sit there doing nothing

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barside Edd"]"What is good though is that at least Boothy isn''t getting involved in stupid pre-match hype like his idiot chairman."[/quote]And your problem with that statement is?He is hyping this up as your biggest game ever, and a local derby, which it isn''t.The man is an idiot.[/quote]

[/quote]How many Colchester fans have helped achieve that remains to be seen lol.[/quote]

Funny thing is we get the money from your fans who have got tickets in the home end but you can''t actually give your team any support or you will be out.....So we get your money and you just sit there doing nothing

[/quote]I''m sure the fans in the legitimate away areas will support us quite well enough.And I''m sure you will be back to the handful of fans you normally get for your next home game.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]

The man is an idiot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

How many Colchester fans have helped achieve that remains to be seen lol.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure the fans in the legitimate away areas will support us quite well enough.

And I''m sure you will be back to the handful of fans you normally get for your next home game.

[:)]
[/quote]

I hope so mate,can''t stand how all these other so called fans come out the woodwork just for a big game. When we play Brentford on a cold wet night in february they will all be ok at home in the warm watching Manure on T.V...

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]How many Colchester fans have helped achieve that remains to be seen lol.[/quote]

I agree. And I wonder how many local thugs will fancy it for a day out tomorrow too? That is my main issue with your chairman dragging in anyone and everyone to be honest. Filling the ground is one thing, filling it with Burberry wearing chav boys who fancy a scrap is another.

[/quote]I''m sure the fans in the legitimate away areas will support us quite well enough.And I''m sure you will be back to the handful of fans you normally get for your next home game.[:)][/quote]

I hope so mate,can''t stand how all these other so called fans come out the woodwork just for a big game. When we play Brentford on a cold wet night in february they will all be ok at home in the warm watching Manure on T.V...

[/quote]

Lol, cocked that well up.My post should have read :-I agree. And I wonder how many local thugs will fancy it for a

day out tomorrow too? That is my main issue with your chairman dragging

in anyone and everyone to be honest. Filling the ground is one thing, filling it with Burberry wearing chav boys who fancy a scrap is another.

Return visits by those tempted into going tomorrow will generate further income in the future. Cowling is no fool, he knows that to be sustainable he has to boost crowds over the entire season - the biggest hurdle in achieving that is getting new/returning people into the stadium for the first time. With the media and your help he has achieved just that.

[quote user="jibbajabba"]Return visits by those tempted into going tomorrow will generate further income in the future. Cowling is no fool, he knows that to be sustainable he has to boost crowds over the entire season - the biggest hurdle in achieving that is getting new/returning people into the stadium for the first time. With the media and your help he has achieved just that.[/quote]We''re always happy to help out the smaller clubs, you''re welcome.[Y]

[quote user="jibbajabba"]I know, and it''s refreshing - I thought that giving your Championship spot to Peterborough would have changed all that ;-)[/quote]Seriously, is that the best you could do?And, regardless of league status, we will never be a smaller club than Peterborough.[:)]

Christ! You''re a sensitive soul aren''t you - Mention another club and you have to tell me their size in comparison to yourselves like some kind of footballing Rainman ;-)

[quote user="jibbajabba"]Christ! You''re a sensitive soul aren''t you - Mention another club and you have to tell me their size in comparison to yourselves like some kind of footballing Rainman ;-)[/quote]You''re the one who brought the subject up, I was merely replying.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jibbajabba"]I know, and it''s refreshing - I thought that giving your Championship spot to Peterborough would have changed all that ;-)[/quote]Seriously, is that the best you could do?And, regardless of league status, we will never be a smaller club than Peterborough.[:)][/quote]To be fair, it made me laugh. At least I can laugh about it now.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Norwich fans seem to blissfully unware that we have a waiting list of 100 Col U fans waiting for tickets should we discover anymore Norwich fans in our end[/quote]Wow, a whole 100?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Norwich fans seem to blissfully unware that we have a waiting list of 100 Col U fans waiting for tickets should we discover anymore Norwich fans in our end[/quote]Wow, a whole 100?

[/quote]you lot seem to think that we''ve sold our usual 5,000 and the rest have gone to Norwich fans in disguise, far from it. Because of some of your fans buying tickets that they are not allowed to purchase some of our fans are going to miss out on this game, the waiting list is proof of this. You lot are far too arrogant with your "big club" claims. Yes you are a lot bigger than us and no-one is ever going to dispute that, but you''re only really a big club for League 1, we''ve given you more tickets than you gave us yet you still think its your divine right as the big club to buy tickets in our end and stop some of our fans from coming.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="morty"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Norwich fans seem to blissfully unware that we have a waiting list of 100 Col U fans waiting for tickets should we discover anymore Norwich fans in our end[/quote]Wow, a whole 100?

[/quote]you lot seem to think that we''ve sold our usual 5,000 and the rest have gone to Norwich fans in disguise, far from it. Because of some of your fans buying tickets that they are not allowed to purchase some of our fans are going to miss out on this game, the waiting list is proof of this. You lot are far too arrogant with your "big club" claims. Yes you are a lot bigger than us and no-one is ever going to dispute that, but you''re only really a big club for League 1, we''ve given you more tickets than you gave us yet you still think its your divine right as the big club to buy tickets in our end and stop some of our fans from coming.[/quote]Okay mate, calm down before you soil yourself.[:)]

Well if you have only got a 10,00 capacity ground, 5,000 regulars and Norwich are bringing 1,900 "officially" you wouldn''t need to grab more than 3,000 casual supporters to fill up the ground.

Still even if 8,000 to 2,000 (it won''t be) apart from boos for Lambert, I figure our lot will outshout their lot.

And all conducted in good spirit too unless some idiot(s) are out to cause trouble.