Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

What some Colchester fans thought of Lambert

I heard on the radio this morning that Colchester supporters did not actually take to Lambert and did not like him. I thought I had mis heard until I saw this comment in the Colchester evening news.

Yes Mr Cowling I agree paul Lambert did do a great job during his management stint for the U''s, and Maybe he could have left with a little more feeling, but as I remember he had to endure some quite unkind remarks from some sections of the "so called" U''s supporters. So who can blame him for taking the chance to advance his career at Norwich. ''Now'' I see that those same whingers are starting on our new manager Mr A. Boothroyd.

So thats a turnup for the books and explains a little more.

"on our new manager Mr A. Boothroyd."

So, Lambert is going to QPR ! Looks like Colchester Utd is becoming our feeder club for Norwich managers !

Sounds like Col Who? fans are a bunch of tossers then. Certainly most of the ones who infect this board are, anyway. Jumped-up, arrogant Essex twerps - know-all, know eff-all blighters!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I heard on the radio this morning that Colchester supporters did not actually take to Lambert and did not like him. I thought I had mis heard until I saw this comment in the Colchester evening news. Yes Mr Cowling I agree paul Lambert did do a great job during his management stint for the U''s, and Maybe he could have left with a little more feeling, but as I remember he had to endure some quite unkind remarks from some sections of the "so called" U''s supporters. So who can blame him for taking the chance to advance his career at Norwich. ''Now'' I see that those same whingers are starting on our new manager Mr A. Boothroyd. So thats a turnup for the books and explains a little more.[/quote]

Its called bitter, sad and jelous mate..........a bit like Howling himself!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I heard on the radio this morning that Colchester supporters did not actually take to Lambert and did not like him. I thought I had mis heard until I saw this comment in the Colchester evening news. Yes Mr Cowling I agree paul Lambert did do a great job during his management stint for the U''s, and Maybe he could have left with a little more feeling, but as I remember he had to endure some quite unkind remarks from some sections of the "so called" U''s supporters. So who can blame him for taking the chance to advance his career at Norwich. ''Now'' I see that those same whingers are starting on our new manager Mr A. Boothroyd. So thats a turnup for the books and explains a little more.[/quote]

[/quote]

Howling - that''s a good ''un, Wiz.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Bitter and sad.......... pot and black come to mind!

It actually makes you wonder the if we would have beaten Colchester first game but then lost 7 - 1 to Yevil or Exeter seeing Gunn still sacked would Colchester have been celebrating when Lambert went? maybe the likes of Colchesterfan could let us know.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Minus 1 for effort there Tilson.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is two bites on two threads and by the way your lack of manners is showing.It is John,Tilly,Til 1010 or Mr Tilson.Still i am helping your post count.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is two bites on two threads and by the way your lack of manners is showing.It is John,Tilly,Til 1010 or Mr Tilson.Still i am helping your post count.

[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for that Mr T.............thats the best you''re getting today.

I never liked Lambert and I know a few others the same.I haven''t heard anything about Aidy other than at the start when we played Hoof ball while he learn''t about the players he inherited. I''ve not heard anybody slag him off though.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]I never liked Lambert and I know a few others the same.I haven''t heard anything about Aidy other than at the start when we played Hoof ball while he learn''t about the players he inherited. I''ve not heard anybody slag him off though.[/quote]Thanks Edd, I have to say I don''t think any of the "compliments" Pablo listed apply to you.

Cheers Nuff Said,I''m sure every club has a manager that somebody will dislike for some reason or other. This usually shows itself after a few bad games/results. On the whole I think most are happy with Aidy and the style he now plays.The only criticism I have heard was when we went long ball early in his reign, we would go 1-0 up and then change defensive and tried to just defend, we couldn''t. We have dropped a lot of points so far doing that and the moan was no plan ''B'' after Hoof. Now he has had the players a while and added some of his own to some of Volderberts good signings we have been playing fast flowing football ON THE GROUND and everybody knows we can change to the battling high stuff if we need to. Nice to have a mix. Laugh a minute with the Hoof shout from oposition fans when a defensive clearance is made under pressure, not sure what they think should of happened.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I heard on the radio this morning that Colchester supporters did not actually take to Lambert and did not like him. I thought I had mis heard until I saw this comment in the Colchester evening news.

Yes Mr Cowling I agree paul Lambert did do a great job during his management stint for the U''s, and Maybe he could have left with a little more feeling, but as I remember he had to endure some quite unkind remarks from some sections of the "so called" U''s supporters. So who can blame him for taking the chance to advance his career at Norwich. ''Now'' I see that those same whingers are starting on our new manager Mr A. Boothroyd.

So thats a turnup for the books and explains a little more.[/quote]So thats why pre kick off at Carrow the Colwho fans were all chantingLambert gis a wave&Theres only 1 Paul Lambert

That shows hatred if your traveling support are chanting you name.Next time try putting 10 sugars in your tea cos evidently something just tastes bitter.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]I heard on the radio this morning that Colchester supporters did not actually take to Lambert and did not like him. I thought I had mis heard until I saw this comment in the Colchester evening news.

So thats a turnup for the books and explains a little more.[/quote]So thats why pre kick off at Carrow the Colwho fans were all chantingLambert gis a wave&Theres only 1 Paul Lambert

That shows hatred if your traveling support are chanting you name.Next time try putting 10 sugars in your tea cos evidently something just tastes bitter.[/quote]And a lot of your fans shouted support for Gunn, before the game

[quote user="Barside Edd"]And a lot of your fans shouted support for Gunn, before the game[/quote]Of course they did, not a good idea to be shouting " Gunny is a banker" on opening day.anyway, we are talking Home fans.Generally traveling fans are far more partisan toward their club so if you truely hated Lambo you woulda voiced it.Ergo : YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF CRY BABIESWheres your Lambert Gone ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Carlsberg don''t do Supporter Society Presidents...

All supporters tend to get behind their club/manager/players on opening day, home or away"Of course they did, not a good idea to be shouting " Gunny is a banker" on opening day.anyway, we are talking Home fans."So it would be a good idea for the away fans to do it then would it ?your argument holds no water Nexus

I personaly didn''t like Lambert mainly for his treatment of certain players. To be fair when he come to Colchester he did get the results that kept us up and even got us close to the play offs towards the end of the season so there is no arguing that he is a decent manager who knows what he is doing. He brought in some good players in Tierney,Magnus,Fox,Hackney and Vincent but also paid money on players who just ain''t good enough at this level. What my main problem with him was the treatment of players like Matt Heath,Matt Lockwood,John White who is one of the fans favourites at Colchester and Medi Elito who up untill Lambert took over was tipped to be a player who would play at a much higher level. Not only did Lambert tell these players they will never play for the club again he wouldn''t even let them train with the seniors but totaly humiliated them by making them train with the youth team. When Aidy took over he gave these players the chance they deserved and they are all now back in the first team again. What i think has upset everyone connected with Colchester is the manner in which Lambert left,spending more money on players in the summer then jumping ship at the first opportunity. As for Aidy i like ALL colchester fans i speak to are more than happy with the job he is doing,what people need to remember is that he took over a team a month into the season,had no pre season with them and has kept us in a play off position all season with a team that was not his. As for his style of play it is getting results so i will never complain,yes he likes to get the ball forward quickly but if we are winning i would prefer that to anything else.

[quote user="cufcone"]

I personaly didn''t like Lambert mainly for his treatment of certain players. To be fair when he come to Colchester he did get the results that kept us up and even got us close to the play offs towards the end of the season so there is no arguing that he is a decent manager who knows what he is doing. He brought in some good players in Tierney,Magnus,Fox,Hackney and Vincent but also paid money on players who just ain''t good enough at this level. What my main problem with him was the treatment of players like Matt Heath,Matt Lockwood,John White who is one of the fans favourites at Colchester and Medi Elito who up untill Lambert took over was tipped to be a player who would play at a much higher level. Not only did Lambert tell these players they will never play for the club again he wouldn''t even let them train with the seniors but totaly humiliated them by making them train with the youth team. When Aidy took over he gave these players the chance they deserved and they are all now back in the first team again. What i think has upset everyone connected with Colchester is the manner in which Lambert left,spending more money on players in the summer then jumping ship at the first opportunity. As for Aidy i like ALL colchester fans i speak to are more than happy with the job he is doing,what people need to remember is that he took over a team a month into the season,had no pre season with them and has kept us in a play off position all season with a team that was not his. As for his style of play it is getting results so i will never complain,yes he likes to get the ball forward quickly but if we are winning i would prefer that to anything else.

[/quote]

I actually don''t give a chuff what you or the rest of the dim witted Col Who fans think any more..........its our view which counts now!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]It actually makes you wonder the if we would have beaten Colchester first game but then lost 7 - 1 to Yevil or Exeter seeing Gunn still sacked would Colchester have been celebrating when Lambert went? maybe the likes of Colchesterfan could let us know.[/quote]Yes guys Lambert was an unpopular figure with the Colchester fans, even more so with the playing staff, some of them said it was like winning the lottery when he went, below are some comments from our OMB before he was appointed in 2008Yes his name has been mentioned on here before OP but I dont think he will get it, I have heard a whisper Paul Lambert is one of the favourites, cant say that would impress me either.Am hoping that the club holds out to appoint a slightly more high-profiled name then Paul Lambert, with a bit more managerial experience or with a strong connection with the club but from the wikipedia source, it says that Lambert is the type of manager that will motivate ...i hope it''s not lambert, wouldn''t fill me with confidence.Just not Lambert if it is, it will be a serious disappointment!This is an absolutely shocking appointment. I was feeling rather

confident that RC was going to pull in a good manager with good

credentials. This man does not tick any boxes and I very much doubt

will be able to hack the pressure. If he couldn''t handle Wycombe god

help Robbie Cowling and Colchester...Lambert is 5-2 favourite with bookies still. Bookies don''t OFTEN get it wrong.....but if it''s Lambert I think it''ll be a bit of a damp squib, personally. He''s done nothing to suggest he can turn our season around.So Lambert couldn''t hack it in League Two a few months ago, so he gets a chance in League One?Great news, not........I dont want Lambert or Scott, Lambert is a Wycombe reject who walked when it mattered and Scott should stay at Brentford and try get them promoted.

I will be disgusted if we appoint a Wyscum reject as manager.So he got off to a good start [:D]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Lambert is King"]It actually makes you wonder the if we would have beaten Colchester first game but then lost 7 - 1 to Yevil or Exeter seeing Gunn still sacked would Colchester have been celebrating when Lambert went? maybe the likes of Colchesterfan could let us know.[/quote]

Yes guys Lambert was an unpopular figure with the Colchester fans, even more so with the playing staff, some of them said it was like winning the lottery when he went, below are some comments from our OMB before he was appointed in 2008

Yes his name has been mentioned on here before OP but I dont think he will get it, I have heard a whisper Paul Lambert is one of the favourites, cant say that would impress me either.

Am hoping that the club holds out to appoint a slightly more high-profiled name then Paul Lambert, with a bit more managerial experience or with a strong connection with the club but from the wikipedia source, it says that Lambert is the type of manager that will motivate ...

i hope it''s not lambert, wouldn''t fill me with confidence.

Just not Lambert if it is, it will be a serious disappointment!

This is an absolutely shocking appointment. I was feeling rather confident that RC was going to pull in a good manager with good credentials. This man does not tick any boxes and I very much doubt will be able to hack the pressure. If he couldn''t handle Wycombe god help Robbie Cowling and Colchester...

Lambert is 5-2 favourite with bookies still. Bookies don''t OFTEN get it wrong.....but if it''s Lambert I think it''ll be a bit of a damp squib, personally. He''s done nothing to suggest he can turn our season around.

So Lambert couldn''t hack it in League Two a few months ago, so he gets a chance in League One?
Great news, not........

I dont want Lambert or Scott, Lambert is a Wycombe reject who walked when it mattered and Scott should stay at Brentford and try get them promoted.

I will be disgusted if we appoint a Wyscum reject as manager.

So he got off to a good start [:D]

[/quote] I remember reading many comments on here the same as those when we appointed him. But no one is saying it now! Just shows as fans we don''t know everything!

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Lambert is King"]It actually makes you wonder the if we would have beaten Colchester first game but then lost 7 - 1 to Yevil or Exeter seeing Gunn still sacked would Colchester have been celebrating when Lambert went? maybe the likes of Colchesterfan could let us know.[/quote]Yes guys Lambert was an unpopular figure with the Colchester fans, even more so with the playing staff, some of them said it was like winning the lottery when he went, below are some comments from our OMB before he was appointed in 2008Yes his name has been mentioned on here before OP but I dont think he will get it, I have heard a whisper Paul Lambert is one of the favourites, cant say that would impress me either.Am hoping that the club holds out to appoint a slightly more high-profiled name then Paul Lambert, with a bit more managerial experience or with a strong connection with the club but from the wikipedia source, it says that Lambert is the type of manager that will motivate ...i hope it''s not lambert, wouldn''t fill me with confidence.Just not Lambert if it is, it will be a serious disappointment!This is an absolutely shocking appointment. I was feeling rather confident that RC was going to pull in a good manager with good credentials. This man does not tick any boxes and I very much doubt will be able to hack the pressure. If he couldn''t handle Wycombe god help Robbie Cowling and Colchester...Lambert is 5-2 favourite with bookies still. Bookies don''t OFTEN get it wrong.....but if it''s Lambert I think it''ll be a bit of a damp squib, personally. He''s done nothing to suggest he can turn our season around.So Lambert couldn''t hack it in League Two a few months ago, so he gets a chance in League One?Great news, not........I dont want Lambert or Scott, Lambert is a Wycombe reject who walked when it mattered and Scott should stay at Brentford and try get them promoted.

I will be disgusted if we appoint a Wyscum reject as manager.So he got off to a good start [:D]

[/quote] I remember reading many comments on here the same as those when we appointed him. But no one is saying it now! Just shows as fans we don''t know everything![/quote]Most of us like me dont know anything !