Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Bryan Gunn, no regrets.

So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure. The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

AAAAAaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Scottlarock"]So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure. The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

[/quote]If you class the Mariana Trench as a dent then i guess he has a point.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Scottlarock"]So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure. The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

[/quote]If you class the Mariana Trench as a dent then i guess he has a point.[/quote]

Ha....class sir................I''m afraid there''s been not much of a point to him for years though.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure. The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

[/quote]My thoughts exactly.

Totally agree. The man was a disaster and why does he keep spouting on about it?

If he was so damn good why didn''t another club recognise his unique talents?

he hasn''t really kept spouting on about it, just it''s his first proper interview for Archant.

AS for his "unique talents" he unfortuantely retired form them along time ago between the sticks.

So relegating the team he loves, then preparing for the new season so badly that we lose 7-1 aren''t worthy of maybe a smidgen of regret?Words fail me.

IMO much of what Gunn says is accurate and guaranteed to provoke the sort of nastiness that is already appearing on this thread. However, if I had been Gunn I would have kept a low profile on this until the end of the season. I will mention that I agree with his stance re McNally''s public allegation that Gunn was guilty of poor preparation. Like I have said already too many times before, I don''t remember a better pre-season run of matches than that which Gunn and his quickly assembled new squad achieved and who can criticize him for his player acquisitions.Although, of course, Gunn detractors on here will not even give him credit for the likes of Holt, Hughes, Askou forgetting that even if it was Deehan who brought them to Gunn''s attention it was Gunn who took responsibilty for the final decision just like any other organisation. Perhaps if McNally had kept his trap shut then Gunn may have done too.

Taken on board Bob, but comparing Gunn and Lambert is like lining up an Aston Martin DB9 and a Reliant Robin and telling a stranger to pick the best car.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Bryan may have no regrets, but sadly a few thousand City supporters do. Sheer arrogance.[/quote]

I actually despise the man now, what arrogance!

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]IMO much of what Gunn says is accurate and guaranteed to provoke the sort of nastiness that is already appearing on this thread. However, if I had been Gunn I would have kept a low profile on this until the end of the season. I will mention that I agree with his stance re McNally''s public allegation that Gunn was guilty of poor preparation. Like I have said already too many times before, I don''t remember a better pre-season run of matches than that which Gunn and his quickly assembled new squad achieved and who can criticize him for his player acquisitions.Although, of course, Gunn detractors on here will not even give him credit for the likes of Holt, Hughes, Askou forgetting that even if it was Deehan who brought them to Gunn''s attention it was Gunn who took responsibilty for the final decision just like any other organisation. Perhaps if McNally had kept his trap shut then Gunn may have done too.[/quote]Pre season means nothing whatsoever. You play crap enough teams and you will get results.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]IMO much of what Gunn says is accurate and guaranteed to provoke the sort of nastiness that is already appearing on this thread. However, if I had been Gunn I would have kept a low profile on this until the end of the season. I will mention that I agree with his stance re McNally''s public allegation that Gunn was guilty of poor preparation. Like I have said already too many times before, I don''t remember a better pre-season run of matches than that which Gunn and his quickly assembled new squad achieved and who can criticize him for his player acquisitions.Although, of course, Gunn detractors on here will not even give him credit for the likes of Holt, Hughes, Askou forgetting that even if it was Deehan who brought them to Gunn''s attention it was Gunn who took responsibilty for the final decision just like any other organisation. Perhaps if McNally had kept his trap shut then Gunn may have done too.[/quote]Quite a few people think you are!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Bryan may have no regrets, but sadly a few thousand City supporters do. Sheer arrogance.[/quote]

[/quote]really don''t see how he has been arrogant... Are you using the right word here?I knew there would still be people with only bitterness on this mesage board.... typical. He messed up, things didn''t go as well as he hoped... I suppose everyone on this MB has never done either in their life right? Good luck to him I say. Gunn is a good man and probably a better man than most of us... myself included. Gunn will always be a legend.

[/quote]Frankly Wiz ive wondered what the blokes been doing on our pay role for years.A mate of mine used to work for City about 10 years ago and once the office banter was goal keeping blunders they can remember.My mate asked Gunny about the tuft incident and he went ballistic despite the fact he had been ribbing other goalies for the best part of 10 mins. He never held him in high regard either and always kinda wondered why, especially cos my buddy was / is a Norwich fan himself.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Perhaps if McNally had kept his trap shut then Gunn may have done too.[/quote]Perhaps if Gunn had decided against going on Sky Sports in the first place to criticise the club and the decision to sack him then McNally would have stayed silent.Until that point the club had said nothing personally detrimental about Gunn, and had gone out if its way to say he would always be welcome at the club.If we are getting into a playground game of who started the name-calling, then it was Gunn, I''m afraid. That being the case, the club probably felt supporters who still felt sympathy for Gunn needed to have some kind of reasoned explanation for his sacking.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]IMO much of what Gunn says is accurate and guaranteed to provoke the sort of nastiness that is already appearing on this thread. However, if I had been Gunn I would have kept a low profile on this until the end of the season. I will mention that I agree with his stance re McNally''s public allegation that Gunn was guilty of poor preparation. Like I have said already too many times before, I don''t remember a better pre-season run of matches than that which Gunn and his quickly assembled new squad achieved and who can criticize him for his player acquisitions.Although, of course, Gunn detractors on here will not even give him credit for the likes of Holt, Hughes, Askou forgetting that even if it was Deehan who brought them to Gunn''s attention it was Gunn who took responsibilty for the final decision just like any other organisation. Perhaps if McNally had kept his trap shut then Gunn may have done too.[/quote]I know you love to leap to his defence Bob but all that is over now. This post isn''t about the micro aspects of his tenure or the pros and cons of it. It''s about his comments TODAY about HIS feelings. I couldn''t care less about how you feel therefore about the Mcnally - Gunn axis of boredom.Bob, read the next line and repeat till you understand it.Mcnally stopped Gunns gravy train (the non meritorius special) and Gunny is still a bit sore because the TRUTH hurts.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]really don''t see how he has been arrogant... Are you using the right word here?I knew there would still be people with only bitterness on this mesage board.... typical. He messed up, things didn''t go as well as he hoped... I suppose everyone on this MB has never done either in their life right? Good luck to him I say. Gunn is a good man and probably a better man than most of us... myself included. Gunn will always be a legend. [/quote]I would have much more respect for him if he held his hands up and admitted he wasn''t good enough.We all know he wasn''t good enough, so he is behaving arrogantly to try and claim otherwise. When he was on Sky Sports before the Leeds game and claimed that had he still been manager we would be in a similar position in the league I really thought he was digging himself in it.I know he tried his best, it wasn''t good enough and trying to pretend it was really is just idiotic.He has gone down in my estimation.

[quote user="morty"]So relegating the team he loves, then preparing for the new season so badly that we lose 7-1 aren''t worthy of maybe a smidgen of regret?

Words fail me.
[/quote]

God Morty that''s so naive. Gunn didn''t relegate the team, relegation resulted from several seasons of truly hopeless managers such as Roeder (IMO the absolute worst manager we have ever had, apart from Hamilton of course !) and Grant and years of truly inept direction and financial management. In my company I took over as departmental head with the previous incumbent being sacked for incompetence and abysmal failure to achieve corporate objectives. In fact, I discovered that his main failure was not getting rid of key staff in the department who had been there years and who resented being managed and it took me a couple of years to root them out and replace them with the right people. Forgive the expression but Gunn inherited a "load of gobsh____te" from Roeder and at the time many people, including posters on here, questioned Gunn''s wisdom at taking over such a heap of dung. Therefore, IMO Gunn is guilty only of (A) lack of commonsense in taking the job in the first place and (B) Theoklitis. I certainly don''t think he deserved the public criticism from McNally which I thought was unnecessary and unprofessional and I definitely don''t blame him for "taking us down". The rot had set in a long time before and it was an inexorable downward spiral with Gunn ill-advisedly taking over kust at the point of no return. Guilty of poor judgement in taking the job at the time (no one else wanted it including Boothroyd because they could see that the sharp downward trend could not be reversed in a mater of months) but not guilty of relegating us. And, no, despite the fact that I agree that Lambert is an excellent manager, he would not have avoided the drop either.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]really don''t see how he has been arrogant... Are you using the right word here?I knew there would still be people with only bitterness on this mesage board.... typical. He messed up, things didn''t go as well as he hoped... I suppose everyone on this MB has never done either in their life right? Good luck to him I say. Gunn is a good man and probably a better man than most of us... myself included. Gunn will always be a legend. [/quote]he''s arrogant because he''s overbearingly confident enough NOT to apologise and to say that our worst scenario in 50 years happened and he had NO REGRETS.pull yourself together Chirp - the article is absolutley disgusting.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="morty"]So relegating the team he loves, then preparing for the new season so badly that we lose 7-1 aren''t worthy of maybe a smidgen of regret?Words fail me.[/quote]

God Morty that''s so naive. Gunn didn''t relegate the team, relegation resulted from several seasons of truly hopeless managers such as Roeder (IMO the absolute worst manager we have ever had, apart from Hamilton of course !) and Grant and years of truly inept direction and financial management. In my company I took over as departmental head with the previous incumbent being sacked for incompetence and abysmal failure to achieve corporate objectives. In fact, I discovered that his main failure was not getting rid of key staff in the department who had been there years and who resented being managed and it took me a couple of years to root them out and replace them with the right people. Forgive the expression but Gunn inherited a "load of gobsh____te" from Roeder and at the time many people, including posters on here, questioned Gunn''s wisdom at taking over such a heap of dung. Therefore, IMO Gunn is guilty only of (A) lack of commonsense in taking the job in the first place and (B) Theoklitis. I certainly don''t think he deserved the public criticism from McNally which I thought was unnecessary and unprofessional and I definitely don''t blame him for "taking us down". The rot had set in a long time before and it was an inexorable downward spiral with Gunn ill-advisedly taking over kust at the point of no return. Guilty of poor judgement in taking the job at the time (no one else wanted it including Boothroyd because they could see that the sharp downward trend could not be reversed in a mater of months) but not guilty of relegating us. And, no, despite the fact that I agree that Lambert is an excellent manager, he would not have avoided the drop either.

[/quote]Nothing niave about the FACTS I stated there. If he had known more about management he could have kept us up, FACT.Saying he has no regrets is tantamount to saying that the relegation didn''t matter to him.

[quote user="morty"]So relegating the team he loves, then preparing for the new season so badly that we lose 7-1 aren''t worthy of maybe a smidgen of regret?Words fail me.[/quote]

[/quote]this thread is about the article on the home page - not about your meandering prattle and defence of Gunns tenure.Your saying Lambert wouldn''t have saved us from Barnsley onwards last season??????? OMG!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

really don''t see how he has been arrogant... Are you using the right word here?

I knew there would still be people with only bitterness on this mesage board.... typical.

He messed up, things didn''t go as well as he hoped... I suppose everyone on this MB has never done either in their life right?

Good luck to him I say.

Gunn is a good man and probably a better man than most of us... myself included.

Gunn will always be a legend.
[/quote]

I would have much more respect for him if he held his hands up and admitted he wasn''t good enough.

We all know he wasn''t good enough, so he is behaving arrogantly to try and claim otherwise. When he was on Sky Sports before the Leeds game and claimed that had he still been manager we would be in a similar position in the league I really thought he was digging himself in it.

I know he tried his best, it wasn''t good enough and trying to pretend it was really is just idiotic.

He has gone down in my estimation.
[/quote]

I too have lost a lot of respect for the man today.   He failed.  There can be no arguments about that.   A man with self knowledge and realism would conlcude that there were things which if done differently might have led to a better outcome.   T o assert that there are no regrets and effectively that everything was done right is at worst arrogance and at best delusional.   Mistakes were made.   Even at half time against Colchester there was an opportunity to sort things out as we did at Leeds many years ago - 5-0 at half time and 5-1 at full time but no, apparently there are no regrets and nothing was done which capable of being done differently!!!

Perhaps he should be asked what the preparations for Colchester were as I have been told, by someone in a position to know, that they were shambolic!!

[quote user="morty"]So relegating the team he loves, then preparing for the new season so badly that we lose 7-1 aren''t worthy of maybe a smidgen of regret?

Words fail me.
[/quote]

[/quote] I only read the first line of this! Gunn did relegate us. he was the manager in charge when we went down, When he took the job we were outside the relegation zone he took us into it and was the Manager in charge for some of the worst results/perfomances in our history.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

Words fail me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

this thread is about the article on the home page - not about your meandering prattle and defence of Gunns tenure.

Your saying Lambert wouldn''t have saved us from Barnsley onwards last season??????? OMG!!!

[/quote]

Oh Scottlarock, my post was in specific response made by another poster on this thread. Do try and keep up.

[/quote]

Cor blimey, I bet Gunn will lose sleep tonight after reading that First Wizard actually despises him.

I am told form a reliable source that when they were on tour in Scotland they were all out boozing. My GF of the time comes from Kirkcaldy (Where raith Rovers play) and said that there were numerous players taking two birds home at the same time every night (no mean feat in those parts by the way)

So not surprised by reports that preperation was poor tbh.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I too have lost a lot of respect for the man today.   He failed.  There can be no arguments about that.   A man with self knowledge and realism would conlcude that there were things which if done differently might have led to a better outcome.   T o assert that there are no regrets and effectively that everything was done right is at worst arrogance and at best delusional.   Mistakes were made.   Even at half time against Colchester there was an opportunity to sort things out as we did at Leeds many years ago - 5-0 at half time and 5-1 at full time but no, apparently there are no regrets and nothing was done which capable of being done differently!!!

Perhaps he should be asked what the preparations for Colchester were as I have been told, by someone in a position to know, that they were shambolic!!

[/quote]Great post that eloquently sums up most supporters'' view on this latest outburst, I''d say.The only mitigation I''d like to suggest is that when players lose respect for a manager - and that can happen for any number of reasons, personal or otherwise - these days they simply stop playing for him.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[/quote]this thread is about the article on the home page - not about your meandering prattle and defence of Gunns tenure.Your saying Lambert wouldn''t have saved us from Barnsley onwards last season??????? OMG!!!

[/quote]

Oh Scottlarock, my post was in specific response made by another poster on this thread. Do try and keep up.

[/quote]No...you responded in the contrary to Morty''s post that Gunn had relegated us with your ''party political '' broadcast that he didn''t relegate us. Which you have done daily for months. Of course he relegated us. He was the Boss. I put it to you that ANY reasonably experienced football manager could have kept us up. Though as I said before....this thread is about the article today..........so Bob, one question mate and I''d like just one answer just to help me keep up.Should Bryan in the article have apologised/taken responsibility............yes or no mate.

I''m not sure which I find most depressing about this thread, Gunn''s unbelievable arrogance and lack of awareness or Bob Franklin''s total inability to see reason. I have images of him flagellating himself like the monk in the Da Vinci Code while moaning about his undying devotion to the great man. It''s almost pathological, I fear.