Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

1900 Tickets to Colchester

imo is a reasonable amount.. so why are we all trying to buy tickets in the home end, we havent tried it at any other stadium this season despite getting less tickets t some grounds.

Its colchester, not Ipswich.. i dont care about them they are just 1 more game to me...

why are we all kicking up a huge stink over the ticket fiasco? if it was Yeovil, Brentford or Oldham would anyone give a jot?

This has been media led and become farcical now imo.

i had the tin hat on before i started the post and am now awaiting the flack and abuse.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

imo is a reasonable amount.. so why are we all trying to buy tickets in the home end, we havent tried it at any other stadium this season despite getting less tickets t some grounds.

Its colchester, not Ipswich.. i dont care about them they are just 1 more game to me...

why are we all kicking up a huge stink over the ticket fiasco? if it was Yeovil, Brentford or Oldham would anyone give a jot?

i had the tin hat on before i started the post and am now awaiting the flack and abuse.

[/quote]Thats pretty much 20% of our capacity, I bet Ipswich dont allocate 6000 tickets to you at Portman Road, so it is more than fair, as you say it is all media led. I notice look east did a back track tonight on their heavily biased report yesterday and Robbie Cowling was on BBC Essex today stating his version of what has been going on, we have someone talking on radio Norfolk tonight about our view on things I think it is called the scrimmage show.

If the allocation had just been announced without Cowlings crass and inflammatory remarks, then I suspect that this match would not even have sold out !!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Attention seeker! Obvious really its a grudge match and a local derby![/quote]

it does have the grudge element, its not realy a local derby though for me. It''s kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday so its not a local Derby to either club or the authorities either

[quote user="McCanary"]If the allocation had just been announced without Cowlings crass and inflammatory remarks, then I suspect that this match would not even have sold out !![/quote]I know, what a great businessman eh? [:D]

[quote user="Mushroom"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Attention seeker! Obvious really its a grudge match and a local derby![/quote]

To them, maybe.

[/quote]

Was going to say the same [Y]  certainly not a derby match to me

[quote user="jibbajabba"][quote user="McCanary"]If the allocation had just been announced without Cowlings crass and inflammatory remarks, then I suspect that this match would not even have sold out !![/quote]

I know, what a great businessman eh? [:D]
[/quote]

If the game goes off without a hitch then possibly yes....if there is trouble and consequent club fines then definitely no !!

Cowling''s gobbing off has anoyed the Norwich fans.I think the Colwho? fans and team / players need to realise we dont give a fart about them, its all about Cowling who is a cretin

I agree entirely Jas. Some of the threads I''ve seen started about this match absolutely defy belief. We nicked their manager and their chairman (and a handful of their fans) have pissed and moaned like a bunch of girls. What would hurt Col Who the most would be us turning up, singing in support of our team all match and treating it like any other away game. That''s all they deserve.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I wonder if it would have been any different had we not got Lambert in, this is all a bit of spilt milk if you ask me  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I wonder if it would have been any different had we not got Lambert in, this is all a bit of spilt milk if you ask me  

[/quote]If you compare it to the first game of the season, which wasn''t about Colchester at all and more about the hope surrounding the season then it is obvious that most Norwich fans (or Colchester for that matter) really consider this a local derby. Norwich and Colchester have usually been united by the common enemy.Norwich''s less than friendly swoop for Lambert and Cowling''s less than friendly comments have hyped this up of course. Also the fact we are both pushing for automatic promotion has added yet more interest in the game. The "local" aspect has only really been played out after all the other factors.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If you compare it to the first game of the season, which wasn''t about Colchester at all and more about the hope surrounding the season then it is obvious that most Norwich fans (or Colchester for that matter) really consider this a local derby. Norwich and Colchester have usually been united by the common enemy.Norwich''s less than friendly swoop for Lambert and Cowling''s less than friendly comments have hyped this up of course. Also the fact we are both pushing for automatic promotion has added yet more interest in the game. The "local" aspect has only really been played out after all the other factors.[/quote]Should read "don''t really consider this a local derby"Oh for an edit button...

Been in the home end at Man U, Watford, Fulham, Charlton, Hull, MK Dons supporting City, never been rumbled or caused any bother then some XXXX phones me up from Col U and cancels my tickets!!!!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mushroom"]

To them, maybe.

[/quote]

Was going to say the same [Y]  certainly not a derby match to me

[/quote]Agree.They''re nothing but scum wannabes. How sad is that?

ColU is the closest club to us in this Division and I''m sure for many Norwich fans getting there will take less time than going to a home game at Carrow Rd!

They like us are one of the best teams in this League as their League position suggests and a win for us agaisnt one of our closest rivals will go a fair old way to us finishing above them!

A long way after the above 2 reasons is this has become a grudge match after the 7-1 defeat, Lambert switching to us and their idiot CE''s childish swipes at us!

The reason Ipswich don''t give us anymore tickets is cause they don''t like the amount we give them at Carrow Rd and they know they''ve got a reasonable chance of selling most of their ground whereas ColWHO will be getting their record ATT because the home ends will have more than a few Canaries fans in there!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]ColU is the closest club to us in this Division and I''m sure for many Norwich fans getting there will take less time than going to a home game at Carrow Rd! They like us are one of the best teams in this League as their League position suggests and a win for us agaisnt one of our closest rivals will go a fair old way to us finishing above them! A long way after the above 2 reasons is this has become a grudge match after the 7-1 defeat, Lambert switching to us and their idiot CE''s childish swipes at us! The reason Ipswich don''t give us anymore tickets is cause they don''t like the amount we give them at Carrow Rd and they know they''ve got a reasonable chance of selling most of their ground whereas ColWHO will be getting their record ATT because the home ends will have more than a few Canaries fans in there![/quote]

so lambert switched did he? i thought he broke his contract and we are going to tribunal about in the next couple of weeks. yet you chose to emphacise a couple of infalamatory soundbites from cowling?

there are a lot of people saying colu fans are petty etc on here about how lambert left us. i think some of you need to look at your kneejerk reactions to a couple of comments aimed at winding people up from our chairman! cretin and idiot are just a couple of insults thrown at him in this thread alone, so imagine how you would all be feeling if it was your manager deciding to jump ship rather than just a couple of comments in the press?

at the end of the Day colchester have won.. because whoever has bought a ticket for the home end has given colchester money.. not Norwich... and im sure the ones gobbing off would sooner not see them get a penny.. its all very hypocritical and childish now. from both parties.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]at the end of the Day colchester have won.. because whoever has bought a ticket for the home end has given colchester money.. not Norwich... and im sure the ones gobbing off would sooner not see them get a penny.. its all very hypocritical and childish now. from both parties.[/quote]isn''t it justI prefer more football based posting

I do not class this as a local derby and doubt Colchester fans do. Was Southend a local derby too then?

I think the surge in getting tickets has been provoked by Mr Cowling, nothing more.

Anyone who considers this our local deby is scraping the barrell. Regardless of what league we are in Ipswich will be always our local derby. I couldnt give a toss about Colchester, and was chuffed for them when they got promoted to the championship.

And I like others have always liked Norwich City, or more to the point have never had anything against you.I don''t we see this as a derby either, spiced up grudge match this time for all the previously posted reasons but not a derby

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Exactly Barside Edd, gridge match yes, derby no chance.[/quote]

Defintly a grudge match and not a derby,our derby will always be Southend while Norwichs will always be Ipswich. As for Cowlings comments,maybe the wrong thing to say but he has got what he wants and that is this game sold out nand that wouldn''t have happened before he said something. As for the result of this match,nothing is decided whoever wins. We win we will be 3 points behind with two games in hand,you win and we will be 9 points behind with two games in hand both which should be winnable fixtures. Still a long long way to go this season whatever the outcome of tomorrows game....

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Exactly Barside Edd, gridge match yes, derby no chance.[/quote]

Defintly a grudge match and not a derby,our derby will always be Southend while Norwichs will always be Ipswich. As for Cowlings comments,maybe the wrong thing to say but he has got what he wants and that is this game sold out nand that wouldn''t have happened before he said something. As for the result of this match,nothing is decided whoever wins. We win we will be 3 points behind with two games in hand,you win and we will be 9 points behind with two games in hand both which should be winnable fixtures. Still a long long way to go this season whatever the outcome of tomorrows game....

[/quote]

games in hand are not points on the board..

[quote user="Whatever The Weather"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote] games in hand are not points on the board..[/quote]

Points in the bag are better than games in hand but if we don''t win them games in hand then we don''t deserve to be where we are...

jas,Your right that 1900 is a more than adequate assignment for a ground of this size and I think that in normal circumstances there would be none of this uproar. Aside from the odd Away supporter in the Home end that always occurs, it would have been no different to any other league game.IMO though it is simply because of Cowling, by talking the game up and inciting Fans with his comments in the press regarding holding tickets back on purpose. It''s like the footballer celebrating in front of the opposing fans with a cupped hand round his ear. Usually a fans reaction to a goal against them is to groan and moan, but if the player were to then basically jeer and mock in front of them it naturally prompts a reaction. When Cowling made those comments he essentially "poked the bear" and while I do not condone fans buying tickets in the home end and openly bragging about it, the reason and why they are doing it clearly lie at the feet of Cowling''s behaviour. I would say that if he did not want such things to be happening then maybe he should learn a bit more diplomacy. I suspect however that this is his all part of a game he is playing, in order to cause trouble and conflict, for what reason I am not sure? perhaps he hoped to create such a conflict that it would get the game televised? However what I do not doubt is that his motivation no doubt stems from a desire to make more money.