Sign in to follow this  
Colchester fan

Information for you lot coming down

Morning everyone, there has been rain overnight but now it has stopped it is a mild grey day at present and most of the snow and ice has gone.I know various people have posted information on here about pubs and parking but here are my tips for the day, it is a bit limited because of the restrictions being placed on things due to the nature of the game, police have stopped some local pubs allowing away fans entry so check before trying or you wil have to bluff your way in and not wear colours!Here we go thenIf

you are using satnavs and don’t want to use the stadium post code because of

likely traffic congestion then go for either Flakt Woods post code, which is

just down the road from the stadium and normally offers matchday parking for a

fiver, or slightly further up that road you can also park for a fiver at Lubina

kitchens.

Head Office

Axial Way

Colchester

Essex,

C04 5ZD

Or

My employer Rapid Electronics a little further away but only £2 to park and

right on the roundabout you need to get back to the A12 it is about a 15 minute

walk straight up the road in front of you to the WHCS. They have a trade

counter there as well (Which is really a shop for anyone to buy things), so you

can park up early and kill some time by going in there, it’s a bit like Maplins

and worth a look around if you arrive early.

http://www.rapidonline.com/companyInformation.aspx?file=company/location
Rapid

Electronics Ltd.,

Severalls Lane, Colchester,

Essex. CO4 5JS.

There is food and drink available on the concourse and a burger van or two

outside the ground, but obviously pricing inside the ground is the normal rip

off. Even if you folks don’t want to buy food and drink in protest you can always

stand in the concourse and watch the live SKY game or place a
bet etc.
If

you park at Colchester North station there are shuttle buses just around the

corner that will take you to and from the ground for a quid be prepared to

queue up for quite a while after the game though!

If you park there the Norfolk is the designated away fans pub and is only a

short walking distance away from the station in the opposite direction to the

ground.

The stadium is in the middle of nowhere at present so there is nothing much

near the stadium it will be a lot better when the new A12 link is finished in

18 months time.

I have put in the post code CO4 on the site below to show you some of the

nearest pubs and their locations and tel numbers, if you want to go wider

afield, obviously just put Colchester in the location tab and search, best to

check they are allowing away fans though if you have colours on..

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=co4

If you need to know anything else just ask.........Sorry the links are not live and require copy and paste your board does not like my browser by the looks of it.

Good luck guys, except for the result of course [:D]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Thanks Mate, enjoy the game, hope it''s a cracker and an away win!![/quote]No probs I know what it is like to go away and not know anything about the area, sorry for all that rubbish within the message as you can tell I have used this on other forums to help other fans and just copy and paste the relevant things next time from a word document, obviously your forum did not like it!

Cheers for that mate will be a big help as heard its a bit of a nightmare to park and stuff! enjoy the game and hopefully we get some revenge for august!!

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Morning everyone, there has been rain overnight but now it has stopped it is a mild grey day at present and most of the snow and ice has gone.I know various people have posted information on here about pubs and parking but here are my tips for the day, it is a bit limited because of the restrictions being placed on things due to the nature of the game, police have stopped some local pubs allowing away fans entry so check before trying or you wil have to bluff your way in and not wear colours!Here we go thenIf

kitchens.

Head Office

Axial Way

Colchester

Essex,

C04 5ZD

Or

Rapid

Electronics Ltd.,

Essex. CO4 5JS.

off. Even if you folks don’t want to buy food and drink in protest you can always

bet etc.
If

ground.

18 months time.

If you need to know anything else just ask.........Sorry the links are not live and require copy and paste your board does not like my browser by the looks of it.

[/quote]

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Morning everyone, there has been rain overnight but now it has stopped it is a mild grey day at present and most of the snow and ice has gone.I know various people have posted information on here about pubs and parking but here are my tips for the day, it is a bit limited because of the restrictions being placed on things due to the nature of the game, police have stopped some local pubs allowing away fans entry so check before trying or you wil have to bluff your way in and not wear colours!Here we go thenIf

kitchens.

Head Office

Axial Way

Colchester

Essex,

C04 5ZD

Or

Rapid

Electronics Ltd.,

Essex. CO4 5JS.

bet etc.
If

ground.

18 months time.

[/quote]tried to get rid of the font jargon

"Morning everyone, there has been rain overnight but now it has stopped it is a mild grey day at present and most of the snow and ice has gone.I know various people have posted information on here about pubs and parking but here are my tips for the day, it is a bit limited because of the restrictions being placed on things due to the nature of the game, police have stopped some local pubs allowing away fans entry so check before trying or you wil have to bluff your way in and not wear colours!Here we go thenIf you are using satnavs and don’t want to use the stadium post code because of likely traffic congestion then go for either Flakt Woods post code, which is just down the road from the stadium and normally offers matchday parking for a fiver, or slightly further up that road you can also park for a fiver at Lubina kitchens.Head OfficeAxial WayColchesterEssex,C04 5ZDor My employer Rapid Electronics a little further away but only £2 to park and right on the roundabout you need to get back to the A12 it is about a 15 minute walk straight up the road in front of you to the WHCS. They have a trade counter there as well (Which is really a shop for anyone to buy things), so you can park up early and kill some time by going in there, it’s a bit like Maplins and worth a look around if you arrive early.http://www.rapidonline.com/companyInformation.aspx?file=company/locationRapid Electronics Ltd.,Severalls Lane, Colchester,Essex. CO4 5JS.There is food and drink available on the concourse and a burger van or two outside the ground, but obviously pricing inside the ground is the normal rip off. Even if you folks don’t want to buy food and drink in protest you can always stand in the concourse and watch the live SKY game or place a bet etc.If you park at Colchester North station there are shuttle buses just around the corner that will take you to and from the ground for a quid be prepared to queue up for quite a while after the game though!If you park there the Norfolk is the designated away fans pub and is only a short walking distance away from the station in the opposite direction to the ground.The stadium is in the middle of nowhere at present so there is nothing much near the stadium it will be a lot better when the new A12 link is finished in 18 months time.I have put in the post code CO4 on the site below to show you some of the nearest pubs and their locations and tel numbers, if you want to go wider afield, obviously just put Colchester in the location tab and search, best to check they are allowing away fans though if you have colours on..http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=co4If you need to know anything else just ask.........Sorry the links are not live and require copy and paste your board does not like my browser by the looks of it.Good luck guys, except for the result of course Big Smile [:D]"sorry about the duplicate posts i just tried to make it more readable

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"]"Morning everyone, there has been rain overnight but now it has stopped it is a mild grey day at present and most of the snow and ice has gone.I know various people have posted information on here about pubs and parking but here are my tips for the day, it is a bit limited because of the restrictions being placed on things due to the nature of the game, police have stopped some local pubs allowing away fans entry so check before trying or you wil have to bluff your way in and not wear colours!Here we go thenIf you are using satnavs and don’t want to use the stadium post code because of likely traffic congestion then go for either Flakt Woods post code, which is just down the road from the stadium and normally offers matchday parking for a fiver, or slightly further up that road you can also park for a fiver at Lubina kitchens.Head OfficeAxial WayColchesterEssex,C04 5ZDor My employer Rapid Electronics a little further away but only £2 to park and right on the roundabout you need to get back to the A12 it is about a 15 minute walk straight up the road in front of you to the WHCS. They have a trade counter there as well (Which is really a shop for anyone to buy things), so you can park up early and kill some time by going in there, it’s a bit like Maplins and worth a look around if you arrive early.http://www.rapidonline.com/companyInformation.aspx?file=company/locationRapid Electronics Ltd.,Severalls Lane, Colchester,Essex. CO4 5JS.There is food and drink available on the concourse and a burger van or two outside the ground, but obviously pricing inside the ground is the normal rip off. Even if you folks don’t want to buy food and drink in protest you can always stand in the concourse and watch the live SKY game or place a bet etc.If you park at Colchester North station there are shuttle buses just around the corner that will take you to and from the ground for a quid be prepared to queue up for quite a while after the game though!If you park there the Norfolk is the designated away fans pub and is only a short walking distance away from the station in the opposite direction to the ground.The stadium is in the middle of nowhere at present so there is nothing much near the stadium it will be a lot better when the new A12 link is finished in 18 months time.I have put in the post code CO4 on the site below to show you some of the nearest pubs and their locations and tel numbers, if you want to go wider afield, obviously just put Colchester in the location tab and search, best to check they are allowing away fans though if you have colours on..http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=co4If you need to know anything else just ask.........Sorry the links are not live and require copy and paste your board does not like my browser by the looks of it.Good luck guys, except for the result of course Big Smile [:D]"sorry about the duplicate posts i just tried to make it more readable[/quote]Thats great thanks mate it looks a lot better now, except for your username of course!

Thanks for all the info Colchester fan.........it''s not often we get all this from a home club fan when we''re away.It''s peeing down here in sunny Cambridgeshire and has been all morning so I expect we''re all in for a soaking by the end of the day.I was going to head for the Severalls Industrial Park as it looks a nightmare trying to park at the ground. Pleased to hear you work at Maplins ( Holiday Camp ) as presumably you have to wear a '' canary yellow '' jacket to work and shout, " Hi-di-Hi Campers " to all your customers as they stroll in ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Thanks for all the info Colchester fan.........it''s not often we get all this from a home club fan when we''re away.It''s peeing down here in sunny Cambridgeshire and has been all morning so I expect we''re all in for a soaking by the end of the day.I was going to head for the Severalls Industrial Park as it looks a nightmare trying to park at the ground. Pleased to hear you work at Maplins ( Holiday Camp ) as presumably you have to wear a '' canary yellow '' jacket to work and shout, " Hi-di-Hi Campers " to all your customers as they stroll in ?[/quote]Ha ha it is not Maplins its Rapid but is a bit like Maplins in it''s product range!Rapid is the nearest building on severalls park to the stadium just past the business park, up severalls lane over the roundabout right at the next one there we are, stadium road is on the left. If you come through the business park off the A12 it is right at that roundabout right at the next and hey presto you are there.Still dry here!