Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

"Bring on the Budgies" headline on the back of the Colchester Gazzette.....

Just been watching BBC One & Look East which showed about 5 mins about tomorrows game, did anyone else notice the back of the paper the reporter was holding with the headline "BRING ON THE BUDGIES" ?????

I cant wait for tomorrows game, poxy club I really hope we smash them!!!!!!

[quote user="Gazza"]

Just been watching BBC One & Look East which showed about 5 mins about tomorrows game, did anyone else notice the back of the paper the reporter was holding with the headline "BRING ON THE BUDGIES" ?????

[/quote]I did snigger when I saw your user name, that''s what we call the Gazette down here [:)]Ok then I see Lambert has not been brave enough to name his squad yet, where as ours is already up there on our web site and is as follows, any thoughts on who will mark who?

U''s: Williams, Cousins, Okuonghae, White,

Heath, Ifil, Baldwin, Batth, Reid, Tierney, Wordsworth, Izzet, Hackney,

Fox, Platt, Odejayi, Gillespie, Henderson, Lisbie.

How is Lambert not being brave enough, he is treating this game like any other. Not one name on that teamsheet strikes me with any fear. By 5pm tomorrow we will all be laughing about poor little Col Who, and by 5 past 5 you will be tucking into a large slice of humble pie. My thoughts on who will mark who are as follows;

You will try and mark Hoolahan out of the game, and probably fail.

You will try and mark Holt out of the game, and probably fail.

We will play our usual diamond, not worrying about any man marking and beat you 3-0 or 4-0 nill.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

I did snigger when I saw your user name, that''s what we call the Gazette down here [:)]

Ok then I see Lambert has not been brave enough to name his squad yet, where as ours is already up there on our web site and is as follows, any thoughts on who will mark who?

U''s: Williams, Cousins, Okuonghae, White, Heath, Ifil, Baldwin, Batth, Reid, Tierney, Wordsworth, Izzet, Hackney, Fox, Platt, Odejayi, Gillespie, Henderson, Lisbie.

[/quote]

Okuonghae to mark Holt

Batth to mark Martin

Hackney and Reid and Fox to mark Hoolahan

Henderson to mark himself

Im more worried about finding a way of following the game.... ( im stuck in Hampshire so cant make it down to Colchester :( )Any one know of a online radio provider or anything like that since i cant get it on Canary w/e online... ><We are gonna tonk em, im not even worried about that.

[/quote]

I did snigger when I saw your user name, that''s what we call the Gazette down here [:)]

Ok then I see Lambert has not been brave enough to name his squad yet, where as ours is already up there on our web site and is as follows, any thoughts on who will mark who?

U''s: Williams, Cousins, Okuonghae, White, Heath, Ifil, Baldwin, Batth, Reid, Tierney, Wordsworth, Izzet, Hackney, Fox, Platt, Odejayi, Gillespie, Henderson, Lisbie.

[/quote]

One of the most stupid comments I''ve seen on here ... and there have been many. How does that make any difference. It''s a squad. We don''t know who is starting, who is playing where, formations, etc.

Have a look on our website and go to ''squad profiles'', and there you have it.

Forster, Rudd, R.Martin, Doherty, Nelson, Whitbread, Drury, Smith, Russell, Lappin, MacNamee, S. Hughes, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, G. Holt, C. Martin, McDonald, Johnson.

Wow. What an insight into our tactics that is [:|]

[quote user="Darren Lamb.... Agent"]How is Lambert not being brave enough, he is treating this game like any other. Not one name on that teamsheet strikes me with any fear. By 5pm tomorrow we will all be laughing about poor little Col Who, and by 5 past 5 you will be tucking into a large slice of humble pie. My thoughts on who will mark who are as follows;

You will try and mark Hoolahan out of the game, and probably fail.

You will try and mark Holt out of the game, and probably fail.

We will play our usual diamond, not worrying about any man marking and beat you 3-0 or 4-0 nill.[/quote]Touchy you nevous [:D]Lambert always plays it very tight lipped that''s why you cant understand a word he says........Why would I eat humble pie I have not said anything derogatory about your team, I do hope we will win but I also know it will be a tough game to win, I cant see either side winning 3 or 4 though. It will be a dirty physical niggly encounter with the ball 20 feet up in the air most of the time, we will be aiming for Platt you will be trying to hit Holt, he is a similar player to Ricky Lambert at the Saints who had a torrid game against our two central defenders. Hoolahan is a threat with his ball control and pace but none of our defenders lack pace or determination so he could bite off more than he can chew, hope so anyway.

I wonder who came up with the highly imaginative nickname of The U''s?  [img]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp126/stephen_duffy/bluh.gif[/img]Do you think there was a committee involved?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Been taking b*llshit lesson off Cowling?!?!?, lets see who the brave ones are tomorrow eh!

[quote user="Colchester fan"]any thoughts on who will mark who?

[/quote]Don''t expect much response your team looks like a bunch of no marks to us.

To be honest there are so many Colchester fans on here nobody knows who has said what. The ball is most likely to be on the deck for large periods too, we won''t be lumping it up top when your centre backs beat Holt in the air most of the afternoon on the opening day. We mananged to keep Lambert very quiet both when we played the saints so I wouldn''t read too much into that. Hoolahan isn''t very quick to be honest, but has so much class, your defenders may have pace but I doubt they have the brain to stop Wes when he is in the ''hole''. Holt, Martin and Hoolahan aren''t our only threats, with Lappin''s delivery and Smith''s tenacity we can mix it up very well too.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]

[/quote]Only reason you nammed them is cos thats basically your entire squad.Its like... who else you gonna play you dont have any more players to fill the positions ?!?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]I did snigger when I saw your user name, that''s what we call the Gazette down here [:)]Ok then I see Lambert has not been brave enough to name his squad yet, where as ours is already up there on our web site and is as follows, any thoughts on who will mark who?

[/quote]

One of the most stupid comments I''ve seen on here ... and there have been many. How does that make any difference. It''s a squad. We don''t know who is starting, who is playing where, formations, etc.

Have a look on our website and go to ''squad profiles'', and there you have it.

Forster, Rudd, R.Martin, Doherty, Nelson, Whitbread, Drury, Smith, Russell, Lappin, MacNamee, S. Hughes, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, G. Holt, C. Martin, McDonald, Johnson.

Wow. What an insight into our tactics that is [:|]

[/quote]Sorry if I offended you Shaun I was only having a laugh with that comment [:$]As our squad is up there on our web site I just thought it would be interesting for you guys to see who might be playing, this is our matchday selection  Aidy could have picked a lot of other players from our complete squad which is far too big numbering 30 odd.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"]

[/quote]Only reason you nammed them is cos thats basically your entire squad.Its like... who else you gonna play you dont have any more players to fill the positions ?!?

[/quote]Yes we do Nexus our squad numbers over 30 these days.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"]

[/quote]Yes we do Nexus our squad numbers over 30 these days.[/quote]Not including the youth team ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"]

[/quote]Yes we do Nexus our squad numbers over 30 these days.[/quote]Not including the youth team ;)[/quote]Ha ha no I was not including the youth team!

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Lambert always plays it very tight lipped that''s why you cant understand a word he says........Why would I eat humble pie I have not said anything derogatory about your team, I do hope we will win but I also know it will be a tough game to win, I cant see either side winning 3 or 4 though. It will be a dirty physical niggly encounter with the ball 20 feet up in the air most of the time, we will be aiming for Platt you will be trying to hit Holt, he is a similar player to Ricky Lambert at the Saints who had a torrid game against our two central defenders. Hoolahan is a threat with his ball control and pace but none of our defenders lack pace or determination so he could bite off more than he can chew, hope so anyway.[/quote]Hooly is not quick but he is incredibly skillful and when he is on his game he is almost unplayable as he runs rings round opponents. He is not consistent in doing that unfortunately, hopeful he has a good day tomorrow, but even when he doesnt he has the ability to do nothing all game then suddenly produce a moment of magic, or an unbelievable through ball and change the game. We have Lambert, not Hoofroyd so whilst u may be watching your team kick it 20 feet in the air, we''ll be watching ours playing a slick passing game on the floor. [:P]Lambert is not as good as Holt in my opinion, and as mentioned earlier, Lambert had a hard time against our defenders too.The thing I don''t think Hoofroyd will have realised is we can play a different system if you mark Hoolahan out of the game, we can bring on Mcnamee and play 442 with wingers putting the crosses in, and we also have a new striking option in Oli Johnson who seems to be in that Jermaine Beckford/Kenwyne Jones mould (Im not saying he has the ability of either, we only saw him for 10mins last weekend!) but we can also put him and/or our other quick striker Cody Macdonald, and Mcnamee on and play quick counter attacks utilising the pace. Hoofy will expect the diamond, as we always play it, but im not convinced he will have another game plan in case we switch style at half time. Anyway, I just hope its a good game of football, and enjoyable/entertaining for everyone. I think we will win, and obviously I hope we do, but I''m under no illusions it will be an easy game. I would say good luck and all that, but i dont want you guys to have any lol. Nice to see there is a Col who fan posting on here who is not an absolute tw*t!! [Y]

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Colchester fan"]Lambert always plays it very tight lipped that''s why you cant understand a word he says........Why would I eat humble pie I have not said anything derogatory about your team, I do hope we will win but I also know it will be a tough game to win, I cant see either side winning 3 or 4 though. It will be a dirty physical niggly encounter with the ball 20 feet up in the air most of the time, we will be aiming for Platt you will be trying to hit Holt, he is a similar player to Ricky Lambert at the Saints who had a torrid game against our two central defenders. Hoolahan is a threat with his ball control and pace but none of our defenders lack pace or determination so he could bite off more than he can chew, hope so anyway.[/quote]Hooly is not quick but he is incredibly skillful and when he is on his game he is almost unplayable as he runs rings round opponents. He is not consistent in doing that unfortunately, hopeful he has a good day tomorrow, but even when he doesnt he has the ability to do nothing all game then suddenly produce a moment of magic, or an unbelievable through ball and change the game. We have Lambert, not Hoofroyd so whilst u may be watching your team kick it 20 feet in the air, we''ll be watching ours playing a slick passing game on the floor. [:P]Lambert is not as good as Holt in my opinion, and as mentioned earlier, Lambert had a hard time against our defenders too.The thing I don''t think Hoofroyd will have realised is we can play a different system if you mark Hoolahan out of the game, we can bring on Mcnamee and play 442 with wingers putting the crosses in, and we also have a new striking option in Oli Johnson who seems to be in that Jermaine Beckford/Kenwyne Jones mould (Im not saying he has the ability of either, we only saw him for 10mins last weekend!) but we can also put him and/or our other quick striker Cody Macdonald, and Mcnamee on and play quick counter attacks utilising the pace. Hoofy will expect the diamond, as we always play it, but im not convinced he will have another game plan in case we switch style at half time. Anyway, I just hope its a good game of football, and enjoyable/entertaining for everyone. I think we will win, and obviously I hope we do, but I''m under no illusions it will be an easy game. I would say good luck and all that, but i dont want you guys to have any lol. Nice to see there is a Col who fan posting on here who is not an absolute tw*t!! [Y]Cheers for that last comment KITTo be honest we are much better when we play it on the floor as well, I just think Aidy will play longball on Saturday using Lisbies pace and the strength and height of Platt and Odejayi, lets hope it is a good game and we all enjoy it, but then that ios difficult because only one of our teams can win!

[/quote]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Colchester fan"]

Lambert always plays it very tight lipped that''s why you cant understand a word he says........

Why would I eat humble pie I have not said anything derogatory about your team, I do hope we will win but I also know it will be a tough game to win, I cant see either side winning 3 or 4 though. It will be a dirty physical niggly encounter with the ball 20 feet up in the air most of the time, we will be aiming for Platt you will be trying to hit Holt, he is a similar player to Ricky Lambert at the Saints who had a torrid game against our two central defenders. Hoolahan is a threat with his ball control and pace but none of our defenders lack pace or determination so he could bite off more than he can chew, hope so anyway.
[/quote]

Hooly is not quick but he is incredibly skillful and when he is on his game he is almost unplayable as he runs rings round opponents. He is not consistent in doing that unfortunately, hopeful he has a good day tomorrow, but even when he doesnt he has the ability to do nothing all game then suddenly produce a moment of magic, or an unbelievable through ball and change the game.

We have Lambert, not Hoofroyd so whilst u may be watching your team kick it 20 feet in the air, we''ll be watching ours playing a slick passing game on the floor. [:P]

Lambert is not as good as Holt in my opinion, and as mentioned earlier, Lambert had a hard time against our defenders too.

The thing I don''t think Hoofroyd will have realised is we can play a different system if you mark Hoolahan out of the game, we can bring on Mcnamee and play 442 with wingers putting the crosses in, and we also have a new striking option in Oli Johnson who seems to be in that Jermaine Beckford/Kenwyne Jones mould (Im not saying he has the ability of either, we only saw him for 10mins last weekend!) but we can also put him and/or our other quick striker Cody Macdonald, and Mcnamee on and play quick counter attacks utilising the pace.

Hoofy will expect the diamond, as we always play it, but im not convinced he will have another game plan in case we switch style at half time.

Anyway, I just hope its a good game of football, and enjoyable/entertaining for everyone. I think we will win, and obviously I hope we do, but I''m under no illusions it will be an easy game. I would say good luck and all that, but i dont want you guys to have any lol. Nice to see there is a Col who fan posting on here who is not an absolute tw*t!! [Y]

Cheers for that last comment KIT

To be honest we are much better when we play it on the floor as well, I just think Aidy will play longball on Saturday using Lisbies pace and the strength and height of Platt and Odejayi, lets hope it is a good game and we all enjoy it, but then that ios difficult because only one of our teams can win!

[/quote][/quote]

I think if we''re honest we''ll all be glad when its over. There''s been way too much hype and I, for one, regret the bad feeling between the fanbases which has grown up over this. Whilst I feel that Cowling has let his gob run way too much, Colchester is a decent club and  deserves its position in the league. My hope is that its a good game tomorrow with no trouble and that the best team wins. I also hope that whoever wins and loses does so with class and we can all move on.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Colchester fan"]Lambert always plays it very tight lipped that''s why you cant understand a word he says........Why would I eat humble pie I have not said anything derogatory about your team, I do hope we will win but I also know it will be a tough game to win, I cant see either side winning 3 or 4 though. It will be a dirty physical niggly encounter with the ball 20 feet up in the air most of the time, we will be aiming for Platt you will be trying to hit Holt, he is a similar player to Ricky Lambert at the Saints who had a torrid game against our two central defenders. Hoolahan is a threat with his ball control and pace but none of our defenders lack pace or determination so he could bite off more than he can chew, hope so anyway.[/quote]Hooly is not quick but he is incredibly skillful and when he is on his game he is almost unplayable as he runs rings round opponents. He is not consistent in doing that unfortunately, hopeful he has a good day tomorrow, but even when he doesnt he has the ability to do nothing all game then suddenly produce a moment of magic, or an unbelievable through ball and change the game. We have Lambert, not Hoofroyd so whilst u may be watching your team kick it 20 feet in the air, we''ll be watching ours playing a slick passing game on the floor. [:P]Lambert is not as good as Holt in my opinion, and as mentioned earlier, Lambert had a hard time against our defenders too.The thing I don''t think Hoofroyd will have realised is we can play a different system if you mark Hoolahan out of the game, we can bring on Mcnamee and play 442 with wingers putting the crosses in, and we also have a new striking option in Oli Johnson who seems to be in that Jermaine Beckford/Kenwyne Jones mould (Im not saying he has the ability of either, we only saw him for 10mins last weekend!) but we can also put him and/or our other quick striker Cody Macdonald, and Mcnamee on and play quick counter attacks utilising the pace. Hoofy will expect the diamond, as we always play it, but im not convinced he will have another game plan in case we switch style at half time. Anyway, I just hope its a good game of football, and enjoyable/entertaining for everyone. I think we will win, and obviously I hope we do, but I''m under no illusions it will be an easy game. I would say good luck and all that, but i dont want you guys to have any lol. Nice to see there is a Col who fan posting on here who is not an absolute tw*t!! [Y]Cheers for that last comment KITTo be honest we are much better when we play it on the floor as well, I just think Aidy will play longball on Saturday using Lisbies pace and the strength and height of Platt and Odejayi, lets hope it is a good game and we all enjoy it, but then that ios difficult because only one of our teams can win!

[/quote][/quote]

I think if we''re honest we''ll all be glad when its over. There''s been way too much hype and I, for one, regret the bad feeling between the fanbases which has grown up over this. Whilst I feel that Cowling has let his gob run way too much, Colchester is a decent club and  deserves its position in the league. My hope is that its a good game tomorrow with no trouble and that the best team wins. I also hope that whoever wins and loses does so with class and we can all move on.

[/quote]Yes lets hope it''s a good game and the best team wins on the day.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Colchester fan"]Lambert always plays it very tight lipped that''s why you cant understand a word he says........Why would I eat humble pie I have not said anything derogatory about your team, I do hope we will win but I also know it will be a tough game to win, I cant see either side winning 3 or 4 though. It will be a dirty physical niggly encounter with the ball 20 feet up in the air most of the time, we will be aiming for Platt you will be trying to hit Holt, he is a similar player to Ricky Lambert at the Saints who had a torrid game against our two central defenders. Hoolahan is a threat with his ball control and pace but none of our defenders lack pace or determination so he could bite off more than he can chew, hope so anyway.[/quote]Hooly is not quick but he is incredibly skillful and when he is on his game he is almost unplayable as he runs rings round opponents. He is not consistent in doing that unfortunately, hopeful he has a good day tomorrow, but even when he doesnt he has the ability to do nothing all game then suddenly produce a moment of magic, or an unbelievable through ball and change the game. We have Lambert, not Hoofroyd so whilst u may be watching your team kick it 20 feet in the air, we''ll be watching ours playing a slick passing game on the floor. [:P]Lambert is not as good as Holt in my opinion, and as mentioned earlier, Lambert had a hard time against our defenders too.The thing I don''t think Hoofroyd will have realised is we can play a different system if you mark Hoolahan out of the game, we can bring on Mcnamee and play 442 with wingers putting the crosses in, and we also have a new striking option in Oli Johnson who seems to be in that Jermaine Beckford/Kenwyne Jones mould (Im not saying he has the ability of either, we only saw him for 10mins last weekend!) but we can also put him and/or our other quick striker Cody Macdonald, and Mcnamee on and play quick counter attacks utilising the pace. Hoofy will expect the diamond, as we always play it, but im not convinced he will have another game plan in case we switch style at half time. Anyway, I just hope its a good game of football, and enjoyable/entertaining for everyone. I think we will win, and obviously I hope we do, but I''m under no illusions it will be an easy game. I would say good luck and all that, but i dont want you guys to have any lol. Nice to see there is a Col who fan posting on here who is not an absolute tw*t!! [Y]Cheers for that last comment KITTo be honest we are much better when we play it on the floor as well, I just think Aidy will play longball on Saturday using Lisbies pace and the strength and height of Platt and Odejayi, lets hope it is a good game and we all enjoy it, but then that ios difficult because only one of our teams can win!

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]Here here, couldn''t of said it any better myself. Strange how all this has become so blown up, so quickly. To be honest I can''t wait to get this game out of the way.

I''m not looking forward to it one bit to be honest. Not really confident and although we will want to avenge the humilation of the opening game (Slight underestimation) but they will want it because of Lambert and Co. But they as a club, have been bigging this up and this will be one of their biggest games ever. I''m not going to get in a juvenile and pathetic slagging contest Lets hope and pray that we can ram all the taunts and childish digs from the powers in Colu down their FAT, SWEATY, CHAVVY, SCUM ESSEX RETARTED SHIT LIPPED, DONKEY RAPING MOTHER FOOKERS THROATS. Oopps. 

Colchester have made all the hype and done all the talking before the game, so its come from them. Have you heard McNally, Lambert and Delia splurting rubbish out in the media like Cowling, no. We''ll just do the talking on the pitch...

To be honest as much as I want a City win. Win, lose or draw we move on and will still finish above them. I have never felt so much over hype about this game. I couldn''t give a monkeys what Col U do. Small club, small club mentality, poor attendances!