Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Any ideas why Colchester have done so well so far this season?

Just posting to inquire if anybody has any idea why Colchester have been so successful so far this season, considering they are a small club on a tight budget? Any one know? Good defence? Quality strikers at League 1 level?

Obviously I''m hoping we''ll have too much quality for them today. Score prediction - Colchester 2 - 4 Norwich.

I would say teamwork more than anything else and depth of squad, when you look at the league and see Leeds Charlton Norwich and us, you think given the relevant fan bases what the hell are we doing there, but it is no fluke we have a very good side. Obviously a lot of credit goes to your mate Robbie Cowling who has pumped lots of his own money into the club, we do have some excellent players in all positions many of which have not even made the squad today due to injury/suspension/no places left etcWatch for Tierny at left back he is without doubt one of the best defenders in his position in league one, we also have a very strong central defensive pair quick wingers and a good mix of strikers some big and strong others smaller and skillfull. We will miss JJ in midfield today but still have a good mix of skill and tenacity typified by Kemi Izzet who will be in your players faces all the game, overall it will be interesting to see how we play longball bully tactics or through the middle of the park we shall see!

[quote user="Colchester fan"]I would say teamwork more than anything else and depth of squad, when you look at the league and see Leeds Charlton Norwich and us, you think given the relevant fan bases what the hell are we doing there, but it is no fluke we have a very good side. Obviously a lot of credit goes to your mate Robbie Cowling who has pumped lots of his own money into the club, we do have some excellent players in all positions many of which have not even made the squad today due to injury/suspension/no places left etcWatch for Tierny at left back he is without doubt one of the best defenders in his position in league one, we also have a very strong central defensive pair quick wingers and a good mix of strikers some big and strong others smaller and skillfull. We will miss JJ in midfield today but still have a good mix of skill and tenacity typified by Kemi Izzet who will be in your players faces all the game, overall it will be interesting to see how we play longball bully tactics or through the middle of the park we shall see![/quote]WHAT????? Relevant fan base??? You??? Behave yourself! [:O]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"]I would say teamwork more than anything else and depth of squad, when you look at the league and see Leeds Charlton Norwich and us, you think given the relevant fan bases what the hell are we doing there, but it is no fluke we have a very good side. Obviously a lot of credit goes to your mate Robbie Cowling who has pumped lots of his own money into the club, we do have some excellent players in all positions many of which have not even made the squad today due to injury/suspension/no places left etcWatch for Tierny at left back he is without doubt one of the best defenders in his position in league one, we also have a very strong central defensive pair quick wingers and a good mix of strikers some big and strong others smaller and skillfull. We will miss JJ in midfield today but still have a good mix of skill and tenacity typified by Kemi Izzet who will be in your players faces all the game, overall it will be interesting to see how we play longball bully tactics or through the middle of the park we shall see![/quote]WHAT????? Relevant fan base??? You??? Behave yourself! [:O][/quote]Read it again and you''ll see he''s saying colchester don''t have the same fan base.

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Colchester fan"]I would say teamwork more than anything else and depth of squad, when you look at the league and see Leeds Charlton Norwich and us, you think given the relevant fan bases what the hell are we doing there, but it is no fluke we have a very good side. Obviously a lot of credit goes to your mate Robbie Cowling who has pumped lots of his own money into the club, we do have some excellent players in all positions many of which have not even made the squad today due to injury/suspension/no places left etcWatch for Tierny at left back he is without doubt one of the best defenders in his position in league one, we also have a very strong central defensive pair quick wingers and a good mix of strikers some big and strong others smaller and skillfull. We will miss JJ in midfield today but still have a good mix of skill and tenacity typified by Kemi Izzet who will be in your players faces all the game, overall it will be interesting to see how we play longball bully tactics or through the middle of the park we shall see![/quote]WHAT????? Relevant fan base??? You??? Behave yourself! [:O][/quote]Read it again and you''ll see he''s saying colchester don''t have the same fan base. [/quote]Ahhhhhh...... I took it as what are we doing ''there'' as in that league, as in the same as what are Norwich, Charlton and Leeds doing there! [:$]Apologies, and point taken! I must be over-excited! [:D]