Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

Binners?

Without making myself look incredibly stupid why are Ipswich being referred to as the binners?

I wondered this for a while and apparently its because in an old episode of lovejoy, a binman or a tramp or something found an ipswich scarf or shirt in a bin..

Lurd is correct as far as i''m aware....

Of course it could be because they are going to be sponsored by Biffa next season....

Warren Clarke played the Binman concerned, who now plays Dalziel on Beeb. Does anyone watch this and wonder how the fat slug manages to pull a good looking woman each week, and this also applies to Jack Frost, who is not short of female company but is a short, ugly irrascible so and so.

Can anyone tell by the number of posts I have made today how incredibly busy I am, counting the hours to 12.00 on Sunday, 2 goal victory is expected.

I think you mean "two goal victory would be nice" not "expected".

I don''t expect anything in the Derby games, and I think that''s putting too much pressure on our side against a better than average div 1 side that score a lot of goals. Doesn''t mean i don''t want to win, I''m just aware that football fans take things for granted and this is not a good thing.

traditionally the form book goes out of the window for derby games - i hardly expected norwich to win in december,and so we should really be prepared for the worst - or alternativly a 4-0 thumping which would be very nice indeed thank you

Why?
10% because Lovejoy pretended to be a binman in one episode, and put on an Ipswich scarfe (or hat) as part of the outfit.
90% because it annoys them!

it all began from an old episode of ''Lovejoy'' which was a cult programme in the 80s/90s (to some!!). One episode featured some binmen finding an old ipswich hat in a skip, which one of them kept (well it was filmed in Lavenham/Long Melford) - i used to live around there, lucky me!! I suppose the binmen were natural ipswich supporters as it was in deep scummer territory, so since that day they have been referred to as the binners/binmen.

Blame the BBC for showing such **** programmes about antiques!! Yes, really!