Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Best Ever 11?

Theirs been threads on this before but their not active so, can you all tell me what your best ever 11 would be?From my generation:                                       Robert GreenMarc Edworthy   Craig Fleming    Malkey Mackay   Adam DruryDarren Huckerby   Gary Holt       Damien Francis    Wes Hoolahan                              Dion Dublin   Iwan RobertsBench:Fraser Forster?Grant HoltMartin TaylorDean AshtonCarl Robinson

This is really hard there have been such great players over the years:

Woods

Bowen      Bruce      Mackay      Drury   

Gordon      Mendham  Phelan  Huckerby   

Channon      Holt

Bench:   Keelan, Culverhouse, Fox, Roberts, Ashton.

Just missed out: Fleck, Barham, Donowa, Fashanu, Gunn, Forbes, Eadie, Watson, Hartford, Bellamy!

[quote user="Spud1973"]

Woods

Channon      Holt

Just missed out: Fleck, Barham, Donowa, Fashanu, Gunn, Forbes, Eadie, Watson, Hartford, Bellamy!

[/quote]Holt ahead of Fleck, Bellamy and Ashton get a grip. There''s a hell of a difference between scoring goals in the third tier and the top flight. Fleck was 10 time the player Holt will ever be. Bellamy is one of the best players currently in the Premiership.Watch the premiership years Fox was one hell of a player, created goal after goal in our team as well as NewcastleMalky better than Linaghan, Polston nope I don''t think so. Top flight player sir.We need to remember on this message board who we are or at least who we once were.Btw I''m a massive Holt fan and Malky was a god but keep it real please.

Green

Culverhouse  Newsome  Bruce  Bowen

Fox    Crook  Francis  Eadie

Huckerby  Sutton

Newsome was amazing during his short time here and often forgotten despite captaining us in the Prem. He was part of one of the meanest defences (until Gunn broke his leg) in the Prem and record signing for a long long time.

Eadie was out of this world and should have left us after relegation to further what would have been a glittering England career.

Sutton was unbelievable and the most expensive player in English history at one point!!

Bowen beats Drury any day of the week. B

Bit stumped for Right Backs but Culvs was awesome, and anyone who saw Fox will know how great Ru-el was in the top flight.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Spud1973"]

Woods

Channon      Holt

[/quote]Holt ahead of Fleck, Bellamy and Ashton get a grip. There''s a hell of a difference between scoring goals in the third tier and the top flight. Fleck was 10 time the player Holt will ever be. Bellamy is one of the best players currently in the Premiership.

Watch the premiership years Fox was one hell of a player, created goal after goal in our team as well as Newcastle

Malky better than Linaghan, Polston nope I don''t think so. Top flight player sir.

We need to remember on this message board who we are or at least who we once were.

Btw I''m a massive Holt fan and Malky was a god but keep it real please.
[/quote]

At least learn to spell it right!!!  Linighan.....And IMHO yes I think Holt is better than both Fleck & Bellamy & Mackay better than Linighan & Polston, it depends on the type of player you like doesnt it. I found Fleck & Bellamy to be a tad lazy & arrogant just like I do Chris Martin. Both were far too hot headed & likley to get booked or sent off......just look at their records! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion & I''ve just based mine on not missing a match in the last 25 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Spud1973"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Spud1973"]

Woods

Channon      Holt

[/quote]Holt ahead of Fleck, Bellamy and Ashton get a grip. There''s a hell of a difference between scoring goals in the third tier and the top flight. Fleck was 10 time the player Holt will ever be. Bellamy is one of the best players currently in the Premiership.

Watch the premiership years Fox was one hell of a player, created goal after goal in our team as well as Newcastle

Malky better than Linaghan, Polston nope I don''t think so. Top flight player sir.

We need to remember on this message board who we are or at least who we once were.

[/quote]

At least learn to spell it right!!!  Linighan.....And IMHO yes I think Holt is better than both Fleck & Bellamy & Mackay better than Linighan & Polston, it depends on the type of player you like doesnt it. I found Fleck & Bellamy to be a tad lazy & arrogant just like I do Chris Martin. Both were far too hot headed & likley to get booked or sent off......just look at their records! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion & I''ve just based mine on not missing a match in the last 25 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I wonder if Holt could score as many as Fleck did in the Top Tier of English Football......

From my era

Green

Culverhouse Newsome Linnigan Bowen

Gordon Crook Townsend Eadie

Sutton Bellamy

Subs

Gunn, Butterworth, Drury, Phelan, Fox, Huckerby, Ashton

does it really matter what devision it was in?

Holt is a League 1/championship player, and he is great at this level, Bellamy/Fleck where Premireship players (are in Bellamy''s case), i think you can make a comparsion, but not diretly, it has to be relevent to the player''s level. Yes Fleck may have been good at a high level, but Holt is good at this level, as this is his Level.

Gunn

Culverhouse                     Newsome                        Bruce                   Bowen

Huckerby                          Phelan                            Crook                    Eadie

Sutton                           Bellamy

[quote user="Gingerpele"]does it really matter what devision it was in? Holt is a League 1/championship player, and he is great at this level, Bellamy/Fleck where Premireship players (are in Bellamy''s case), i think you can make a comparsion, but not diretly, it has to be relevent to the player''s level. Yes Fleck may have been good at a high level, but Holt is good at this level, as this is his Level.[/quote]

Of course it matters. The whole point of the Thread is ''Best Ever'' players, not ''GingerPele''s Favourite Players''. As such Fleck is better is than Holt. Fact.

Woods

Culverhouse Bruce Watson Bowen

Fox Crook Townsend Peters

Sutton McDougall

Subs;

Keelan

Polston

Gordon

Reeves

Deehan

Paddon

Huckerby

Surprised not to see Steen Nedergaard mentioned, surely one of our better right backs in recent years?

[quote user="willo"]Not a Polston or Culverhouse Morty.[/quote]Slightly before my time, well more like they were past their best when I started going.

that i have seen...:                               greennedergaard       malkay       jackson        drury (havent seen better but dont rate him)  bentley           safri         francis            huckerby                    ashton         bellamysubs: sutton, roberts, holt, eadie, fleming, edworthy,  gunn

Probably not far off what my team would be missing in action.(You had non matching quotes in your post so I couldn''t quote you)

Bentley?? He was poo

I wouldn''t have Ashton and Francis either cos they wern''t loyal enough

How about Ashley Ward??

Since I''ve been a fan:

Green,

Culverhouse Newsome, Butterworth, Bowen

Gordon, Crook, Townsend, Fox

Fleck, Bellamy

Subs,

Gunn, Fleming, Ashton, Sutton, Phelan, Huckerby, Linnighan

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]does it really matter what devision it was in? Holt is a League 1/championship player, and he is great at this level, Bellamy/Fleck where Premireship players (are in Bellamy''s case), i think you can make a comparsion, but not diretly, it has to be relevent to the player''s level. Yes Fleck may have been good at a high level, but Holt is good at this level, as this is his Level.[/quote]

Of course it matters. The whole point of the Thread is ''Best Ever'' players, not ''GingerPele''s Favourite Players''. As such Fleck is better is than Holt. Fact.

[/quote]I have given no opinions at all......You cannot compare Holt and Fleck, they are diffrent players at diffrent Levels, and Fleck would not be in my team, i never saw him play....But can you not understand the level devide? yeah Fleck was a great player at a higher level, but Holt is a great player at this level, so in terms of the Team they play in for Norwich, and the level they are at, that is how you should compare them....

Went to my first Norwich match in 2000 so to be fair only picking players I''ve seen play.

GK Green

LB Drury

CB Fleming

CB Mackay (Captain)

RB Nedergaard

LM Huckerby

CM Gary Holt

CM Safri

RM Mulryne

CF Roberts

CF Ashton

I think its a great question that will never be answered, the centenary dvd has duncan forbes mention his best 11 for ncfc and that is his choice and many names in that would be on others.

I first went to see a ncfc game in the late 80''s, regularly went in the early 90''s and less until university in 2001 and then more closely since. I don''t think in my team I would even think that some of the players here would be in my team, gary holt for certain would never be.

But again it is who you are brought up on... I was a disco dale fan, fox was immense since then no right winger has come close

It is very tough as a number of players I would consider I have not even see play, apart from videos, dvds and recollections of older fans

I think and I have mentioned it before in the last 10 years huckerby is one that certainly would be considered, green in the top 5 of goalkeepers and ashton possibly in the top 10 or 12

Further back bellamy was our best player-post premiership years who would be considered in the greatest team.. no other player would come close

so out of the last 15 years

huckerby, green, ashton, bellamy would be considered... as we know two of those players weren''t here very long so shows how this club has sunk very quickly

GK Green, RB Culverhouse. CBs Bruce, Newsome, LB Bowen, LM Eadie, CM Crook, Phelan, RM Fox, FWs Sutton, Huckerby.

[quote user="Spud1973"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Spud1973"]

Woods

Channon      Holt

[/quote]Holt ahead of Fleck, Bellamy and Ashton get a grip. There''s a hell of a difference between scoring goals in the third tier and the top flight. Fleck was 10 time the player Holt will ever be. Bellamy is one of the best players currently in the Premiership.Watch the premiership years Fox was one hell of a player, created goal after goal in our team as well as NewcastleMalky better than Linaghan, Polston nope I don''t think so. Top flight player sir.We need to remember on this message board who we are or at least who we once were.Btw I''m a massive Holt fan and Malky was a god but keep it real please.[/quote]

[/quote]You''ve not missed a match in 25 years yet you rate Holt ahead of Fleck and Bellamy. Fleck lazy, mate sometimes he was the only person trying. your 25 year opinion is base on what? half a season in the weakest league you''ve ever seen us play in. Their records shows that they cut it at the highest level. Holt shows he''s a good lower league striker. Your 25 years of not missing a match but not rating Fleck or Bellamy above Holt shows you are a turnip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Spud1973"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Spud1973"]

Woods

Channon      Holt

[/quote]

[/quote]You''ve not missed a match in 25 years yet you rate Holt ahead of Fleck and Bellamy. Fleck lazy, mate sometimes he was the only person trying. your 25 year opinion is base on what? half a season in the weakest league you''ve ever seen us play in.

Their records shows that they cut it at the highest level. Holt shows he''s a good lower league striker. Your 25 years of not missing a match but not rating Fleck or Bellamy above Holt shows you are a turnip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Sorry I didnt think correcting your spelling would cause such offence...noticed you don''t give a team yourself. I stand by my decision & Holt is better all rounder than Fleck & Bellamy!

Maybe it is the level we are playing at but I think Holt''s general game offers more....

I''m sure if you go back prior to my knowledge of strikers such as Fash etc pre late 70''s people would come up with a whole host of other names....we are all entitled to our opinions!!!!!