Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

Chris Martin

This 21 year old has once again shown that he posseses genuine quality, we must get him on a long term contract ASAP.A mention to Korey Smith as well, great game, finally nice to see our academy bearing fruit.

Love him, Holty does brings the work rate to the strikeforce. So long as Martin continues to put the ball in the net i''m happy with him.

The regulations mean that although he is under 24 he could leave for nothing at the end of the season without compensation to Norwich.... unless Norwich offer him a better contract than the one he has at the moment.

If Norwich offer him a better contract than the one he has at the moment and he does not sign it, then Norwich would be entitled to compensation.

I hope the club are aware of this as some other clubs in the past have been caught out by this little known clause.

Have to say that Martin has really impressed in recent months - thought he did have a tendency to sometimes go "in and out" of games a bit too much, but his workrate has improved greatly and he''s now an important part of the team.

Would definitely be good to get him on a longer contract....don''t we have a one-year option on him? Also, not that we want it to become an issue, but think I''m right in thinking that if he does go out of contract, we''d still get a fee if he left as he''s under 24.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Have to say that Martin has really impressed in recent months - thought he did have a tendency to sometimes go "in and out" of games a bit too much, but his workrate has improved greatly and he''s now an important part of the team. Would definitely be good to get him on a longer contract....don''t we have a one-year option on him? Also, not that we want it to become an issue, but think I''m right in thinking that if he does go out of contract, we''d still get a fee if he left as he''s under 24.[/quote]

As I said above, Norwich would only get compensation if CM turns down an offer that is better than his current contract.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I was wiriting my bit when Tom was writing his - if it is the case that we have to offer him a contract, I''m sure that is easily done![/quote]

Yep, just have to make sure that the offer is better than his current contract.But can we afford it?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

The regulations mean that although he is under 24 he could leave for nothing at the end of the season without compensation to Norwich.... unless Norwich offer him a better contract than the one he has at the moment.

If Norwich offer him a better contract than the one he has at the moment and he does not sign it, then Norwich would be entitled to compensation.

I hope the club are aware of this as some other clubs in the past have been caught out by this little known clause.

[/quote]Someones been playing FM. [Y]

Great to see him getting some praise since the last two games I''ve been to home and away I''ve been sat near somebody slagging him off all game! Article on the main page says that Lambert has already spoken to him about a new contract, so it looks like it''s all in hand. What are the chances of having three players score more than 20 goals this season in Holt, Martin and Hoolahan?

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

Someones been playing FM. [Y]
[/quote]

Nah never played it. I just remember a club losing their star young player for nothing by mistake.

The way Martin took his second goal today really impressed me. A very cool finish. No wonder he''s attracting interest. I would say he is starting to look like a very handy asset whether as someone to generate cash or to propel us next year in the champs, which will it be...

[quote user="Norwich '' R '' Us"]This 21 year old has once again shown that he posseses genuine quality, we must get him on a long term contract ASAP.A mention to Korey Smith as well, great game, finally nice to see our academy bearing fruit.

Hear, hear!

Martin Is On Fire This Season! We Must Keep Hold Of Him. I Recon There Will Be A Lot Of Interest In Him From Now On. He Has A Excellent Future In Front Of Him Methinks :)

He is a genuine quality finisher. Great touch and i hope we get him signed up asap. But it looks like we have another quality striker in Oli, witch is a shame because is puts Cody down the pecking order. But i really hope Martin goes nowhere because he is a local lad.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Norwich '' R '' Us"]This 21 year old has once again shown that he posseses genuine quality, we must get him on a long term contract ASAP.

A mention to Korey Smith as well, great game, finally nice to see our academy bearing fruit. Hear, hear![/quote]

Dont forget that Drury and Russell also started in our Academy.