Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Official Unofficial Colchester Vs Norwich match thread

Do do do do, Chrissy Maaartin!!!Splendid stuff, City keeping their composure in the face of a spawny, scrappy little b*tch of a game.  I''d have taken a draw before the game, frankly, and especially once I saw the state of the pitch, but with Leeds losing this is our chance to really prove ourselves in this league.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Doc in book for needlessly kicking ball away[/quote]Using up time before half time is not needless

[quote user="I am a Banana"]normal doc [;)] yellow carded![/quote]

How about Normal Doc, clean sheet so far?  8 bookings so far, why make mention of Doc''s?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]lol Norwich fans are being ejected by the police in the ColU home end[/quote]No way ?! Really ? Thats pants

Doc had a boot on him there, not sure why he got carded. I''m a frequent criticiser of Chris Martin but the boy has done superb so far today. Hats off to him. Grant Holt seems to be penalised for being Grant Holt. Wes is attracting some nasty fouls and I''d be surprised if a red card didnt come from a tackle on him.Also, the tackle that started that ruckus was arguably a red. A terrible late boot high on Wes.

[quote user="Allez17"]Doc had a boot on him there, not sure why he got carded. I''m a frequent criticiser of Chris Martin but the boy has done superb so far today. Hats off to him. Grant Holt seems to be penalised for being Grant Holt. Wes is attracting some nasty fouls and I''d be surprised if a red card didnt come from a tackle on him.Also, the tackle that started that ruckus was arguably a red. A terrible late boot high on Wes. [/quote]I agree, couldn''t belive the ref gave a free kick to Col U

All going to plan so far. Feisty little game, but low on quality thanks to the state of the pitch. I''m sure my old Uni mate Dan O''Hagan (commentating on this for the Football League Show) will say it''s "an old fashioned derby game".

Dodgy internet stream working perfectly so far. Nice to be able to watch the game live - great stuff.

Anyway, less of that, let''s sing!

"Super, super Chris, Super Chrissy Martin!"

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]For anyone who''s not seen the other thread, you can watch the game live at http://p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=11142&link=1
[/quote]

Have tried, but the feed is juddering, so given up lol thanks anyhow [Y]

[/quote]

M internet connection has less than 1MB of bandwidth and despite that it''s OK for me, if slightly behind the Radio Norfolk commentary. Have you tried it with Firefox?
[/quote]

I''m watching with Firefox and started watching about 25mins in. Picture ok here in Kent. Great to be 2-0 up. OTBC!

Seen better non-league and council pitches. It''s a quagmire out there. Kitman''s gonna have his work cut-out

[quote user="Herman "]What did their sub do to pee off R.Martin?[/quote]He ran off with the towel to dry the ball with before a throw in.  It was a bit like a first school game.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Doc in book for needlessly kicking ball away[/quote]

Using up time before half time is not needless
[/quote]

It is when we are facing another 45 mins on a terrible pitch, up against useful forwards and with a dodgy ref who may be tempted to wave a red about. 

Doc has been great today but that may come back to haunt us.  I don''t fancy playing with 10 men considering how Colchester were able to dominate for a large part of that half before we got the second.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Herman "]What did their sub do to pee off R.Martin?[/quote]He ran off with the towel to dry the ball with before a throw in.  It was a bit like a first school game.[/quote]Then Aidy went over to thank him for it. Full of class, this lot.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]lol Norwich fans are being ejected by the police in the ColU home end[/quote]

No way ?! Really ?
Thats pants
[/quote]

According to a friend who is there and Radio norfolk

Just watching the highlights of the first half. It really was a world class save from Forster when it was 0-0

Well i think we will lose Lappin for a bit if someone shrewd is watching this...There was a tussle where Chris Martin almost shot Izzet, and Simon Lappin Frog marched Nazi style past him gesturing at somoene out of camera, linesman maybe ??!Not cool :-/

Quick and dirty:[URL=http://img697.imageshack.us/i/foul.jpg/][IMG]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5126/foul.jpg[/IMG][/URL]Ref blew a few seconds earlier, and he goes in like this on Wes.A closer angle, which I missed the opportunity to print screen on, has him looking exactly where he''s putting his foot.

Oh wow, what a sight... just seen footage of Lambert coming out for the start of the game, saluting the Norwich fans and finding himself roundly booed by the Colchester rabble... the little wry smile that appears on his face as he turns around is just priceless.  He actually loves it, doesn''t he....