Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

PLAYERS LEAVING?

It will take a phenominal offer because as we could all see today those Norwich players gave everything for Lambert. I cannot see any players wanting to leave because this is what they became professional footballers for.

Everything has a price...But the feelgood factor should outweigh our floundering finances, and hopefully those who had itchy feet willl prefer to remain here as a playing regular - than sitting on a bench in the Championship.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It will take a phenominal offer because as we could all see today those Norwich players gave everything for Lambert. I cannot see any players wanting to leave because this is what they became professional footballers for.[/quote]

Yep, I remember at 17 years of age not being able to decide between professional football with the adulation of the crowds, money, lifestyle, etc. or  a mundane job at NU. Probably the fact that I can''t kick a ball to save my life forced my hand a bit. One might assume that the opposite is true of Pro Footballers.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Everything has a price...But the feelgood factor should outweigh our floundering finances, and hopefully those who had itchy feet willl prefer to remain here as a playing regular - than sitting on a bench in the Championship.

[/quote]we will be there next season...so i would think any with ichy feet will stay [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]we will be there next season...so i would think any with ichy feet will stay [Y][/quote]

But the itchy tootsies will want Championship salaries.....We desperately need financial input from somewhere.....The current board are unable to fund Championship football.

Everything has its price.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]we will be there next season...so i would think any with ichy feet will stay [Y][/quote]

But the itchy tootsies will want Championship salaries.....We desperately need financial input from somewhere.....The current board are unable to fund Championship football.

[/quote]

Sadly I think we''ll be down to our bare bones again once any outside money comes calling..... however Smith now has a very lucky  "get out of jail" card and I just hope she has the sense to use it.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Are you including Darren Huckerby in that statement?

Don''t get me wrong, I''m truly enjoying the moment. But these things have to be taken into consideration....

We are still in heavy debt....even promotion will not rectify that. Our stadium is packed 95% of the time, so we aren''t going to make substantial income from an increased attendance.

The only alternative is to sell - or attract large investment.....The latter, isn''t forthcoming at this moment in time.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Sadly I think we''ll be down to our bare bones again once any outside money comes calling..... however Smith now has a very lucky  "get out of jail" card and I just hope she has the sense to use it.

[/quote]

So when we do well, like at the moment and getting promoted, it''s always lucky? Hmmm.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So when we do well, like at the moment and getting promoted, it''s always lucky? Hmmm.

[/quote]

I suppose, that we were lucky that we were relegated....(twice).

Complete opposite Mello, they should have hung the fooking heads in shame and got other people in, which they still should. The point I was making is that if we do badly, they get the blame as they should, if we do well, they should take some of the plaudits, some not all. But the season is not over yet and this is Norwich and we can still fook up.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Complete opposite Mello, they should have hung the fooking heads in shame and got other people in, which they still should. The point I was making is that if we do badly, they get the blame as they should, if we do well, they should take some of the plaudits, some not all. But the season is not over yet and this is Norwich and we can still fook up.[/quote]

From every negative, will come a positive....Our relegation, as much as I found it hard to stomach - has removed the abject staleness from the club (or 50% of it at least).

We now have a decent manager, a winning mentality, and a more than capable CE.... coupled with a Chairman who was a critic of the previous board - and who knows his onions.

Delia and Micky aren''t the focal points of the club anymore, and I think that they''re quite aware of that.

The only thing missing? Financial stability.....Will we get it?....maybe.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Complete opposite Mello, they should have hung the fooking heads in shame and got other people in, which they still should. The point I was making is that if we do badly, they get the blame as they should, if we do well, they should take some of the plaudits, some not all. But the season is not over yet and this is Norwich and we can still fook up.[/quote]

From every negative, will come a positive....Our relegation, as much as I found it hard to stomach - has removed the abject staleness from the club (or 50% of it at least).

We now have a decent manager, a winning mentality, and a more than capable CE.... coupled with a Chairman who was a critic of the previous board - and who knows his onions.

Delia and Micky aren''t the focal points of the club anymore, and I think that they''re quite aware of that.

The only thing missing? Financial stability.....Will we get it?....maybe.

[/quote]

Agree 100%

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re a miserable sh*t, aren''t you. You''ll still be sniping, no matter how well we do.

I''d like to second your comments to Cluck the Purile. He''s just a smart arse who thinks himself a superior wit and this forum is simply a playground for him to play the bully on.

That said, he is mildly amusing and adds to the mix so he can carry on as long as he likes.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re a miserable sh*t, aren''t you. You''ll still be sniping, no matter how well we do.

[/quote]

As long as Smith continues sitting on her throne.... indeed I will.

Was it the potential reality in my post that upset you by any chance? I have been too wrong so far have I?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''d like to second your comments to Cluck the Purile. He''s just a smart arse who thinks himself a superior wit and this forum is simply a playground for him to play the bully on. That said, he is mildly amusing and adds to the mix so he can carry on as long as he likes.[/quote]

How strange that I don''t even notice you....

Pretty rich coming from a former message board sniper who enjoyed jumping on any new poster when I first arrived. Where''s the little gang now then?

Has been......... [N]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As long as Smith continues sitting on her throne.... indeed I will.

Was it the potential reality in my post that upset you by any chance? I have been too wrong so far have I?

[/quote]

Bugger..........