Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

'Late Kick Off' new regional t.v. show

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great that we might get extended highlights, but a bit much that another binner gets to present it.

[/quote]

It''s OK Kevin Piper is producing it - I''m sure he''ll make sure we get our fair share of the time !!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great that we might get extended highlights, but a bit much that another binner gets to present it.

[/quote]

It''s OK Kevin Piper is producing it - I''m sure he''ll make sure we get our fair share of the time !!!

[/quote]

Is Piper a City fan?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Piper a City fan?

[/quote]

Oh yes !

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great that we might get extended highlights, but a bit much that another binner gets to present it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Piper a City fan?

[/quote]Yeah, I always bumped into him at matches a while back, I think he sits in the Upper Barclay.

[quote user="pennywise "]whens it start ?[/quote]

It just said coming soon i think? unless anyone else could be more precise?

I would have liked to have seen Dion and Iwan (as long as he had his teeth in) present it.

[quote user="jibbajabba"]East even.[/quote]

Surely you don''t watch Look East?

I''d have though ''Snitch East'' or ''Look Piddling Little London Overspill'' was your sort of thing.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]starts next Monday from 11:35pm.
[/quote]

Just in time for Colchester v Norwich... how coincidental (god, we have to win)!

[quote user="Daphne "]starts next Monday evening - late (11.15pm I think).

Yes, we did get a quick look at Gunny.[/quote]I hope Gunny isn''t on it.I remember him on Sky sports waffling on about how most of the players playing were "his" and how we would be in a similar league position had he stayed.All a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I''d have though ''Snitch East'' or ''Look Piddling Little London Overspill'' was your sort of thing.

[/quote]I live half way between Ipswich and Norwich - quite a nice place actually, just the right side of the border...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Daphne "]starts next Monday evening - late (11.15pm I think).

Yes, we did get a quick look at Gunny.[/quote]I hope Gunny isn''t on it.I remember him on Sky sports waffling on about how most of the players playing were "his" and how we would be in a similar league position had he stayed.All a bit cringeworthy to be honest.[/quote]I remember that, was it before the Leeds game? Was  painful then, I can imagine he''s even more embarrassed now.Had a drink with Kevin Piper one night, a very genuine and forthright City fan, delighted he''s producing this show. Think it will certainly focus on NCFC a little more!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Daphne "]starts next Monday evening - late (11.15pm I think).

Yes, we did get a quick look at Gunny.[/quote]I hope Gunny isn''t on it.I remember him on Sky sports waffling on about how most of the players playing were "his" and how we would be in a similar league position had he stayed.All a bit cringeworthy to be honest.[/quote]I remember that, was it before the Leeds game? Was  painful then, I can imagine he''s even more embarrassed now.Had a drink with Kevin Piper one night, a very genuine and forthright City fan, delighted he''s producing this show. Think it will certainly focus on NCFC a little more![/quote]Yeah, was before the Leeds game, I wonder if he genuinely believed what he was saying or was just trying to save face?Never talked to Piper, I just went through a run of games where I bumped into him every time!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Piper a City fan?

[/quote]

Yeah, I always bumped into him at matches a while back, I think he sits in the Upper Barclay.
[/quote]

Mr Piper sits in the Jarrold, there week in, week out.  Didn''t realise he had defected to BBC though?

[quote user="Appletonandy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Piper a City fan?

[/quote]

Yeah, I always bumped into him at matches a while back, I think he sits in the Upper Barclay.
[/quote]

Mr Piper sits in the Jarrold, there week in, week out.  Didn''t realise he had defected to BBC though?

[/quote]

Piper is the host,

and guests will be past and presant players from the  main featured match of the day, with guest manager from other club. it''s on the same style of Soccar saturday on Sky,  

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]hosted by Matt Holland... be interesting to hear his views, i wonder if his number two will be Mr Brazil???[/quote]

Mr Brazil, smells like a number two....

[quote user="jibbajabba"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

I live half way between Ipswich and Norwich - quite a nice place actually, just the right side of the border...

[/quote]

I should think you blend in nicely with the rest of the blue rinse brigade.

You sound like just the right side of the border for us.

Rimmer.

Official BBC Press Release:

Former Ipswich Town and Republic of Ireland international Matt Holland is to front a new Monday night football league show that will give fans across the East unparalleled access to their teams.

Late Kick Off will feature in-depth coverage behind-the-scenes, the teams, players, managers and backroom stories of all seven teams across the region – Norwich City, Ipswich Town, MK Dons, Colchester United, Peterborough United, Southend United and Northampton Town.

The show, which starts on 18 January 2010 on BBC One East at 11.35pm (subject to variation), will get right to the heart of local football with a mix of discussion, opinion, interviews and match analysis.

More than just a highlights programme, it promises to get to grips with the issues fans want to talk about as well as giving some insightful reports both on and off the pitch.

Matt, a well known face to most football fans, will bring his own sporting expertise to the programme.

He will be joined each week by different guests and pundits from the world of football to talk about the weekend''s biggest games and talking points.

There will also be regular features, such as player profiles, a regular dip into the archives, and an opportunity for supporters to share their views on what''s happening at their clubs and in the game in general.

Matt says: "I''m very much looking forward to presenting Late Kick Off in the East. I''m hoping as an ex-player to provide fans with in-depth match analysis but, also, to go behind the scenes at their club and give an insight to life outside the 90 minutes!"

Late kick Off for the East will be filmed at the East of England Production Innovation Centre (EPIC), in Norwich, which is one of the most advanced studio production centres in Europe.

Late Kick Off complements coverage of the Football League – which returned to the BBC in August for the first time since 1988 – building on the success of the network highlights programme, The Football League Show, along with live coverage of two League Cup semi-finals and the League Cup final.

Along with action from the Premier League on Match Of The Day and BBC Radio 5 Live, the BBC provides sports fans with access to all the goals and all the action, the length and breadth of the country.

Late Kick Off for the East is being made for the BBC by Kevin Piper Media Ltd.

----------------------------------------------

The scummers aren''t very happy with that last sentence LOL!

[quote user="Appletonandy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great that we might get extended highlights, but a bit much that another binner gets to present it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Piper a City fan?

[/quote]Yeah, I always bumped into him at matches a while back, I think he sits in the Upper Barclay.[/quote]

[/quote]He must have moved then, it was a few seasons ago I kept bumping into him.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]hosted by Matt Holland... be interesting to hear his views, i wonder if his number two will be Mr Brazil???[/quote]

Mr Brazil, smells like a number two....

[/quote]Hahahaha!!