Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Let's not get carried away

[:P]

Seriously though.  A slight wobble and we could be back out of the automatic spots really quickly.  If only we hadn''t had a gap to make up, we would be a few points clear of Leeds now.

Looking at the League table it is now definitelly IMHO a 3 horse race.  To think one of Leeds, Norwich and Charlton will end up in the lottery of the playoffs.

Still 20 games to go (21 for Leeds and Charlton), 60 and 63 points to play for respectively.  Even if we drop 14 points from the remaining 20 games we will still finish the season on 100 points!  I think we will easily score 100 goals this season.

[quote user="Menzies Campbell"]No just for tonight, lets get carried away. We just beat colchester 5-0 away. And they are arseholes.[/quote]

Why not for one night eh?[Y]

Well I certainly intend to get carried away tonight and celebrate in style. Several Peroni''s are destined to pass Ricardo''s lips before the evening is out.

[quote user="Menzies Campbell"]No just for tonight, lets get carried away. We just beat colchester 5-0 away. And they are arseholes.[/quote]

Totally agree... lets enjoy our night :-)

Don''t forget that our goal difference advantage is so large it''s effectively another point. If 90 points has been enough for automatic promotion in previous seasons then we need a further 36 points from 20 games or 1.8 points a game. Under Lambert we are averaging 2.3 points per game. True there is a long way to go however such is our form that it''s like a repeat of the Championship winning season all over again. I really think we''ll go up automatically now and doing so as Champions is no longer a wishful dream.   

Totally agree, cast your mind back 4 months when we got humiliated 7-1 at Home to the Col U, if someone would have told me than that in less than 5 months time we would be 2nd in the league with the highest GD in the division after hammering Col U away. I would have pointed them in the direction of the mental hospital. You have to milk these moments!!!!!!

EEEE Eiiiii EEEE Eiiiii EEE II OHHH UP the football league we go!!! Can''t help getting carried away, Feels almost as good as beating Ipshite.

Next week I''ll probably be back on earth and nervous again but today, after watching a performance like that against a team desperate to beat us, with a good home record, on an awful pitch, feels like we''re invincible. Bring on Leeds!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Seriously though.  A slight wobble and we could be back out of the automatic spots really quickly.  If only we hadn''t had a gap to make up, we would be a few points clear of Leeds now.

Looking at the League table it is now definitelly IMHO a 3 horse race.  To think one of Leeds, Norwich and Charlton will end up in the lottery of the playoffs.

Still 20 games to go (21 for Leeds and Charlton), 60 and 63 points to play for respectively.  Even if we drop 14 points from the remaining 20 games we will still finish the season on 100 points!  I think we will easily score 100 goals this season.

[/quote]

SHUT UP!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote] SHUT UP![/quote]

[:''(] There''s no need to be nasty.  I am not being nasty to you because you look like a freak am I?

Well of course we should celebrate the result, been a great day and am a very happy bunny. But several fans seem convinved we are definitely going up, or that we will in the league. Seeing the reaction after our FA cup exit makes me wonder what the reaction will be if we fail to win two or three games in succession. Hopefully it wont come to that, but theres a long way to go. Charlton keep grinding out results, and I expect Leeds to find their form again.But either way, great result, and everyone enjoy their night!

Enjoy the moment Live for today

Missed out on a ticket for today WITS? xxx

It''s been such a long time since a Norwich team really got themselves up for a big game and rose to the occasion with such style. That''s the most pleasing aspect for me, that we turned up to a game which could have been a total nightmare, getting kicked off the park in the mud, with the jeers of Cowling ringing in our ears, and, rather than rolling over, we turned on the style. Brilliant, brilliant result.

I will be getting slightly carried away tonight.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Well of course we should celebrate the result, been a great day and am a very happy bunny. But several fans seem convinved we are definitely going up, or that we will in the league. Seeing the reaction after our FA cup exit makes me wonder what the reaction will be if we fail to win two or three games in succession. Hopefully it wont come to that, but theres a long way to go. Charlton keep grinding out results, and I expect Leeds to find their form again.

But either way, great result, and everyone enjoy their night!
[/quote]

Why spoil the mood?  nbs and you should savor this like everyone else.  Worry about not making it in the party pooper room while the rest of us have a raucous time.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Well of course we should celebrate the result, been a great day and am a very happy bunny. But several fans seem convinved we are definitely going up, or that we will in the league. Seeing the reaction after our FA cup exit makes me wonder what the reaction will be if we fail to win two or three games in succession. Hopefully it wont come to that, but theres a long way to go. Charlton keep grinding out results, and I expect Leeds to find their form again.

But either way, great result, and everyone enjoy their night!
[/quote]

Why spoil the mood?  nbs and you should savor this like everyone else.  Worry about not making it in the party pooper room while the rest of us have a raucous time.

[/quote]

Not party poopers, just not carried away on the crest of the wave.

At least we''ll be sober in the morning.[;)]

Why is it that after every game we win we always get one kill joy come on here and ruin the mood by saying let''s not get carried away, at the minute I can''t see anybody in League One beating us and hopefully that will remain true.

I''m for getting carried away. Until our next game. Then we can do it all over again!

Seriously though, doesn''t this feel very like a certain December Sunday in 2004 when we went to visit the portacabin?

We weren''t sure how we were going to shape up that day against a play off contender and we put them in their place and never looked back. This time there are fewer challenges ahead in this league. We''ve been to Colchester, Leeds and Southampton. Huddersfield and Charlton left but we have nothing to fear in those games. All we have to do now is keep our heads down and our feet on the ground.