Sign in to follow this  
Colchester fan

Well done lads

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though!
[/quote]

Your centre backs looked a bit nervous today - was it just an off-day for them, or did the conditions have anything to do with their performance?

[/quote]

Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.
At least we won on aggregate!
[/quote]

Seriously, if the pitch had been any good you would have been on the end of a bigger hiding..... 9 points ahead now.

There''s only one Paul Lambert one Paul Lambert.....

Well done for coming on here, good work fella!  

Tell you what; you’d never get a Binner do something like that as they are more given over to watching black and white recordings of them winning something.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though!
[/quote]

Your centre backs looked a bit nervous today - was it just an off-day for them, or did the conditions have anything to do with their performance?

[/quote]

Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.
At least we won on aggregate!
[/quote]

Same conditions for us you arrogant sod..............jeez.[:S]

The Colchester players did seem to have a big problem on the pitch, constantly trying to play the ball along the ground and having it stop before it got to their intended target (oli''s goal as an example), we definitely had our homework better done on that pitch today, and it shined through in the end, although they had the better of us in the first and last stages of the first half.

Its such a bitter statement to say "the conditions did affect the result". Clutching at straws springs to mind. Did Norwich play on a different pitch today to you or have I missed something?

When we lost 7-1 at home to Col Utd it was because "the pitch didnt suit us".........cock.

I cannot remember ever enjoying an away win more than today. the boys were simply amazing. The fans were also amazing the PA system was rubbish. Good to see Henderson was as bad as ever

Spent a most relaxing time at the Compasses at Pattiswick this pm, where the chef is a ColU fan. We both agreed that this game was a distraction in our mutual loathing of Ipswich.

The conversation with the South Afican barman on the cricket was not so bullish...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its such a bitter statement to say "the conditions did affect the result". Clutching at straws springs to mind. Did Norwich play on a different pitch today to you or have I missed something? When we lost 7-1 at home to Col Utd it was because "the pitch didnt suit us".........cock.[/quote]

Perhaps what he insinuated was that his team was not able to adjust to it as well as ours.  You gotta admit, though, that they looked very dangerous for much of the first half and our goals just seemed to come out of nowhere. Don''t be too hard on the guy.

Ha ha, I said "hard on".

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though![/quote]

[/quote]Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.At least we won on aggregate! [/quote]

I know that''s tongue in cheek there evertonian but I don''t think aggregate comes into it when we''re 9 points ahead and in 2nd place (mind you, you still have them 2 games in hand) Its still not an impossibility that both Colchester and Norwich come 2nd and 1st respectively!

on the subject of Everton I went to watch them last season with a mate who supports them, good game looks like you boys are doing well today as well.

[/quote]no it doesn''t, it means f*** all, its just a minor consolation that our embaressment wasn''t as much as yours. You may be 9 points ahead but we have 2 games in hand which I fully expect us to win. The problem is that I just don''t see you dropping points very often at all, so its very unlikely we''ll catch you. We''d have been delighted with play offs at the start of the season though. Ye was a great result for Everton, which all the more annoying cos I should bouncing off the walls with glee but I''m f***ing depressed!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though![/quote]

[/quote]Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.At least we won on aggregate! [/quote]

Same conditions for us you arrogant sod..............jeez.[:S]

[/quote]what I meant was the goals were because of the pitch. The sloppy passes were held up in it and worked in your favour. Your defenders made sure they adjusted to the conditions, ours seemed to completely forget about them as they were suicidal mistakes to make, what they were thinking god only knows

Yeah, Bothroyd reckoned we were gift wrapped 4 out of 5 goals. Actually, those goals were the result of hard work by our players closing down and not giving up on lost causes. We made your defence look dodgy, that''s how it is. With the penalty, would have been all square. Maybe we will ''win'' the tribunal too? I don''t think you will make the play offs but good luck anyway.

Chaps, well done today and I have no complaints. You adapted far better to the conditions and apart from the first 15 or 20 minutes, you were all over us.

I appreciate what the previous poster said about the hard work but we soent too much time dilly dallying around with he ball in our half where as the Doc and Nelson just got rid of it and I thought Holt was exceptional buying you time and space.

This will hurt us no doubt but if Leeds sell Beckford, I fancy you will take them.

I just hope we make the most of this ''learning'' experience and make the playoffs.

Much like Jordan and Dolly Parton...I have my knockers.

But, life''s too short to be serious....most of the time.

I do vaguely remember the Carry On Films....(in colour)...

[quote user="Colchester fan"]You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]

I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.

Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.

Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P]
[/quote]

Well done for coming back on here to congratulate us, never had a problem with any ColU fans its not your fault your chairman is a bit of a pillock.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"]You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]

I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.

Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.

Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P]
[/quote]

Well done for coming back on here to congratulate us, never had a problem with any ColU fans its not your fault your chairman is a bit of a pillock.

[/quote]

Apart from the gobshites Colu fan taunting us since the start of the game.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said CA and well done for getting one over on that Whingeing t**t Cowling by getting a ticket in the home stand!

Good on you for coming back on here to face the music Colchester fan.Most of the Colchester fans on here have been pretty fair and we don''t really have any issues with you as you probably guessed when we sang, " We only hate Wolves and Ipswich " during the game. I did think it was quite funny when one or your supporters ran across the corner of the pitch towards us and was promptly hauled down into a big puddle next to the corner flag by about four big Essex constabulary. A real kamikaze mission if ever there was one.....As I said in reply to your '' away guide '' post this morning I thought we''d all be in for a soaking today. The pitch looked pretty unplayable but it would''ve been a bit of a choker for us if it had been abandoned at half-time! After a shaky start it all went like a dream and I can''t remember us having six or seven shots on target in a game and finding the net five times.You''re not wrong about the parking. It was a nightmare. Eventually I parked at the next turning to Rapid Electronics - the Rapid car park was full - and decided to chance it in a private company park close to Severalls Lane as home fans I spoke to were parking on the road for the first time and were hoping they didn''t get ticketed. There must have been  hundreds ofcars on the estate roads and the main road leading up to the stadium but hardly any in private car parks. If the wardens were out and about it must have seemed as if Christmas had come early! I know you don''t usually get sell-out crowds but when you do the arrangements need to be a lot better. Why some of the other companies don''t rent out their parking areas is baffling.Perhaps we''ll be doing this again next season, hopefully in the Championship. At least by then all the off-field ballyhoo should have quietened down, and, if we are both lucky enough to be promoted we''ll all be able to concentrate on putting one over on the real blue and white enemy.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Good on you for coming back on here to face the music Colchester fan.Most of the Colchester fans on here have been pretty fair and we don''t really have any issues with you as you probably guessed when we sang, " We only hate Wolves and Ipswich " during the game. I did think it was quite funny when one or your supporters ran across the corner of the pitch towards us and was promptly hauled down into a big puddle next to the corner flag by about four big Essex constabulary. A real kamikaze mission if ever there was one.....As I said in reply to your '' away guide '' post this morning I thought we''d all be in for a soaking today. The pitch looked pretty unplayable but it would''ve been a bit of a choker for us if it had been abandoned at half-time! After a shaky start it all went like a dream and I can''t remember us having six or seven shots on target in a game and finding the net five times.You''re not wrong about the parking. It was a nightmare. Eventually I parked at the next turning to Rapid Electronics - the Rapid car park was full - and decided to chance it in a private company park close to Severalls Lane as home fans I spoke to were parking on the road for the first time and were hoping they didn''t get ticketed. There must have been  hundreds ofcars on the estate roads and the main road leading up to the stadium but hardly any in private car parks. If the wardens were out and about it must have seemed as if Christmas had come early! I know you don''t usually get sell-out crowds but when you do the arrangements need to be a lot better. Why some of the other companies don''t rent out their parking areas is baffling.Perhaps we''ll be doing this again next season, hopefully in the Championship. At least by then all the off-field ballyhoo should have quietened down, and, if we are both lucky enough to be promoted we''ll all be able to concentrate on putting one over on the real blue and white enemy.[/quote]Yes it was chaos the Rapid car park was full when we arrived around 2pm, good job we had a reserved place [:)]Why the hell the Police closed the other industrial estate car park I dont know but that caused a lot of issues on the day that could have been avoided, even the club didnt know it was going to be closed. The Rapid car park often has spare spaces but yeterday was an exception, loads of people had to be turned away, I am amazed most people seemed to have got in by kick off. Very few companies open their car parks probably because they dont want to arrange for someone to man them or pay for the insurance costs which are pretty high. Rapid only charge 2 quid and that covers the insurance costs, when that has been met all other proceeds go to local charities, they make no profit themselves.We should have played hoofball yesterday as the pitch was almost unplayable, it is rubbish compared to the fine playing surface that was at Layer Road, but instead of that we tried to play short passes much of the time that just stuck in the mud gifting you goals. What a pity the game was not played on a drier pitch, I think both sides would have played much better, we are a quick team who like a slick surface but that was like playing on a mud bank!We did wonder if that was Robbies master plan go 3-0 down and then give the ref a bung to abandon the game [;)]Anyway we shall see, next home game MK Dons so that should be an easy win......................

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Good on you for coming back on here to face the music Colchester fan.

Most of the Colchester fans on here have been pretty fair and we don''t really have any issues with you as you probably guessed when we sang, " We only hate Wolves and Ipswich " during the game. I did think it was quite funny when one or your supporters ran across the corner of the pitch towards us and was promptly hauled down into a big puddle next to the corner flag by about four big Essex constabulary. A real kamikaze mission if ever there was one.....

As I said in reply to your '' away guide '' post this morning I thought we''d all be in for a soaking today. The pitch looked pretty unplayable but it would''ve been a bit of a choker for us if it had been abandoned at half-time! After a shaky start it all went like a dream and I can''t remember us having six or seven shots on target in a game and finding the net five times.

You''re not wrong about the parking. It was a nightmare. Eventually I parked at the next turning to Rapid Electronics - the Rapid car park was full - and decided to chance it in a private company park close to Severalls Lane as home fans I spoke to were parking on the road for the first time and were hoping they didn''t get ticketed. There must have been  hundreds ofcars on the estate roads and the main road leading up to the stadium but hardly any in private car parks. If the wardens were out and about it must have seemed as if Christmas had come early! I know you don''t usually get sell-out crowds but when you do the arrangements need to be a lot better. Why some of the other companies don''t rent out their parking areas is baffling.

Perhaps we''ll be doing this again next season, hopefully in the Championship. At least by then all the off-field ballyhoo should have quietened down, and, if we are both lucky enough to be promoted we''ll all be able to concentrate on putting one over on the real blue and white enemy.
[/quote]

Yes it was chaos the Rapid car park was full when we arrived around 2pm, good job we had a reserved place [:)]

Why the hell the Police closed the other industrial estate car park I dont know but that caused a lot of issues on the day that could have been avoided, even the club didnt know it was going to be closed. The Rapid car park often has spare spaces but yeterday was an exception, loads of people had to be turned away, I am amazed most people seemed to have got in by kick off. Very few companies open their car parks probably because they dont want to arrange for someone to man them or pay for the insurance costs which are pretty high. Rapid only charge 2 quid and that covers the insurance costs, when that has been met all other proceeds go to local charities, they make no profit themselves.
We should have played hoofball yesterday as the pitch was almost unplayable, it is rubbish compared to the fine playing surface that was at Layer Road, but instead of that we tried to play short passes much of the time that just stuck in the mud gifting you goals. What a pity the game was not played on a drier pitch, I think both sides would have played much better, we are a quick team who like a slick surface but that was like playing on a mud bank!

We did wonder if that was Robbies master plan go 3-0 down and then give the ref a bung to abandon the game [;)]

Anyway we shall see, next home game MK Dons so that should be an easy win......................
[/quote]

Ref would have called it off if Lambert had asked. It worked at Walsall.[:D]

Just thought I''d come on and say how clinically you punished our schoolboy errors and you''re so much on a roll now I think you will overtake Leeds. Confidence must be so high I can''t see you having a blip.

Why we thought we could string it along the back I don''t know. In fact I thought you sat off our defence a little to give us the opportunity to try and pass it about. Its a shame it couldn''t have been on a proper pitch so we could have had a real comparison. So honours even on the pitch in terms of humiliation, just hope we can regain our confidence for the play offs.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

Just thought I''d come on and say how clinically you punished our schoolboy errors and you''re so much on a roll now I think you will overtake Leeds. Confidence must be so high I can''t see you having a blip.

Why we thought we could string it along the back I don''t know. In fact I thought you sat off our defence a little to give us the opportunity to try and pass it about. Its a shame it couldn''t have been on a proper pitch so we could have had a real comparison. So honours even on the pitch in terms of humiliation, just hope we can regain our confidence for the play offs.

[/quote]Nice to see you on here after yesterday Magnificent Seven ( we''ll probably have a Famous Five poster on here by the end of the day ).I think some referees would have called the game off at some point yesterday. It was pretty bad out there. No chance of a decent passing game on that pitch but it was the same for both sides.A bonus for the less skilled players on display yesterday as there was no need for them to attempt to trap a lofted pass............the ball just sploshed stone dead in the puddles!