Sign in to follow this  
Colchester fan

Well done lads

You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P]

[quote user="Colchester fan"]You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P][/quote]5-0 we beat the col who 5-0!

[quote user="Colchester fan"]You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]

I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.

Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.

Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P]
[/quote]

Credit to you for coming on here.

Thanks for the parking instructions, although I did park in the swimming pool next to the ground[8-|]

Good on you for coming on here tonight. Let''s hope that the recent nastiness can be put behind us, and that we can both go back to hating Ipswich.

See, this is what Football fans should be about,

This game has been bigged up, as some massive game (mainly by cowling), it wasn''t, there was a bit of edge, due the the 7-1 loss, and manager swap.

But this Colchester fan, has come on, said how well we played ect.

:D

he showed a bit of clas before the game & has shown it after the game unlike the bore Cam.... fair play to you

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Good on you for coming on here tonight. Let''s hope that the recent nastiness can be put behind us, and that we can both go back to hating Ipswich.[/quote]Too right [Y]Got no problem with the Colchester fans, we get some idiots on here but I dare say theres several idiot Norwich fans on their boards. Frankly with the quality of Colchesters squad they have done very well to be in the position they are in, and it makes the 5-0 win even more satisfying.The thought of a play off match with Colchester is an amusing one, I doubt Cowling would stomach it!

yeah well done for facing up and coming on here - can''t have been easy - a lot easier to hide.

Play offs still beckon in spite of Cowling.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]

I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.

Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.

Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P]
[/quote]

Fair do to you, unlike your rabid, foul mouthed brother fans all week.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Fair play, but will you still come here?[/quote]I will probably pay you a visit from time to time, I have been posting on Shrimperzone since 2004!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Thanks for the parking instructions, although I did park in the swimming pool next to the ground[8-|]

[/quote]

Did you flood your engine?

I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though!

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though!
[/quote]

Your centre backs looked a bit nervous today - was it just an off-day for them, or did the conditions have anything to do with their performance?

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though!
[/quote]

Watched it on a live feed and all you could hear to be honest, was City fans from the start to the finish..... I think we struggled at the beginning due to the appalling pitch but once we realised our normal passing game was not suited to the mud bath we took control...

Chrissy Martin has to be signed up asap! Class act

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you flood your engine?

[/quote]

One way of dipping your headlights....

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though![/quote]

Your centre backs looked a bit nervous today - was it just an off-day for them, or did the conditions have anything to do with their performance?

[/quote]Paul Reid was injured and he has played very well with Magnus lately, unfortunately Aidy decided to play young Batth who we have on loan from Wolves he has not played recently and had a nightmare game, in my opinion it should have been the far more experienced Matt Heath or Pat Baldwin, although having said that the latter had a mare when he came on as well!A very bad day at the office in front of our biggest league crowd since 1968, typical Colchester we always make a mess of the big home games.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]You beat us fair and square, if we had scored when we were well on top in those first 15-20 minutes it might have been a different story but when Martin scored your 1st we fell apart and were simply diabolical after that. Your lads coped with the conditions far better than us and it showed, we could not hit a barn door with our shooting but your boys were very clinical when given the chances by our dodgy defence I think 4 of your 5 goals were gift wrapped for you. I ask you we had only conceded 8 goals at home all season in the league and then we concede 5 and it should have been 6 in one game [:(]I see some of you managed to park at Rapid Electronics, sorry the other car park I mentioned at Lubina kitchens was not open apparently this was at the request of the Police God knows why it certainly caused major parking problems for many. I understand the local traffic wardens were out in force and a lot of fans got a ticket for parking on roads and verges.Some of your fans got chucked out of the home ends and missed some of the game, I heard there was also trouble in the town centre, that would explain all the Police sirens and road blocks we encountered at 2 o''clock.Best of luck boys I think you could go up without needing the play offs failing that see you at Wembley to improve on our 7-6 aggregate lead [:P][/quote]Ive always said your the only Colchester fan who comes on here with any class !Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope your fan base for the majority loses the chip on the shoulder and above all I hope Cowling has learnt his lesson and shuts up ! He put way to much pressure on your lot, spouting crap weekly must have had half the team walking onto the pitch with turtle heads poking out.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]I''ll second what colchesterfan said, well played, you deserved it though we simply handed it to you with pathetic and uncharacteristic defending. I did think you lot were very quiet in the opening 20 minutes when we were actually playing well, couldn''t hear a thing, you got better 2nd half though![/quote]

[/quote]Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.At least we won on aggregate!

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.
At least we won on aggregate!
[/quote]

I know that''s tongue in cheek there evertonian but I don''t think aggregate comes into it when we''re 9 points ahead and in 2nd place (mind you, you still have them 2 games in hand) Its still not an impossibility that both Colchester and Norwich come 2nd and 1st respectively!

on the subject of Everton I went to watch them last season with a mate who supports them, good game looks like you boys are doing well today as well.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reid and Magnus have been rocks for us this season, exceptional, today Reid was out so young Danny Baath came in despite having not played in a while, he''s cost us the game basically. Those two mistakes to see you go 2-0 up defined the game, the 1st half was relatively even with us certainly on top in the opening stages. The conditions did affect the result obviously as our defenders seemed to completely forget that it was soaking and holding the ball up so passed it straight to your players.
At least we won on aggregate!
[/quote]

LOL! Thanks for your reply. Good luck for the rest of the season.

You may of won aggregate but as this is the league we still have by far the better goal difference ;)

Davo