Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

Confessions of a Norwich City fan

Sign here if you successfully conned the CUFC gestapo and procured a ticket in the home end.

I did :)

• Haha 1

[quote user="Kathy"]

Sign here if you successfully conned the CUFC gestapo and procured a ticket in the home end.

I did :)

[/quote]Did you get asked any questions on the gate? or get given a nice t-shirt?

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]I did. West stand 3 K block. Good as gold

Yes got in no questions just wearing a blue/white bobble hat did the trick, which is now sitting somewhere on the A12

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]I did. West stand 3 K block. Good as gold

Yes got in no questions just wearing a blue/white bobble hat did the trick, which is now sitting somewhere on the A12

[/quote]

Is that all you wore? Bet you were chilly.

I escaped the Gestapo too! OTBC

My brother and myself were at the back of the East stand, on the very last 2 seats, with a few other Norwich fans sitting infront of us (one with a shocking pink hat). Sat infront of a group of Mockney tw@ts, one with a drum that strangly vanished at half time. They were just blatant idiots, offering anyone and everyone outside, and trying to convince people that they are dead. At one point they were trying to threaten a 12 year old Norwich fan. Was kinda funny trying to convince each other how hard they were, and what they''d do if a Norwich fan were near them. One of them twigged us, but didn''t say much when we stood and towered over them.

After watching the 4th go in, we couldn''t contain our glee any longer, and made our way down to the front where we began our celebrations with the City fans whilst we made our way out past the City stand. Once outside, we noticed that the doors to the North stand were open, so made our way in and joined the City faithful for the 5th goal. All in all a great day out!

OTBC

Me too with three mates in the family stand spoke to Greeny after the game who was thrown out after each of the first 4 goals only to get into another stand each time. Was in the Norwich end for the last goal.

Yes I was in the home end, must have been about 40 ish in the section where we were and about 20 of those were thrown out when they celebrated the 3rd, 4th and 5th goal.

Lots of people were also ejected from the stand opposite us at wwhen the goals went in.

Sat quietly and enjoyed the game and had no problems.

Interestingly Col U are are claiming only 12 ejected

A Colchester United spokesman said around a dozen Norwich fans were ejected from the home ends at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, but added on the whole fans had been well behaved in and around the ground.

[quote user="MC"]

My brother and myself were at the back of the East stand, on the very last 2 seats, with a few other Norwich fans sitting infront of us (one with a shocking pink hat). Sat infront of a group of Mockney tw@ts, one with a drum that strangly vanished at half time. They were just blatant idiots, offering anyone and everyone outside, and trying to convince people that they are dead. At one point they were trying to threaten a 12 year old Norwich fan. Was kinda funny trying to convince each other how hard they were, and what they''d do if a Norwich fan were near them. One of them twigged us, but didn''t say much when we stood and towered over them.

After watching the 4th go in, we couldn''t contain our glee any longer, and made our way down to the front where we began our celebrations with the City fans whilst we made our way out past the City stand. Once outside, we noticed that the doors to the North stand were open, so made our way in and joined the City faithful for the 5th goal. All in all a great day out!

OTBC

Was also sat near you, not far from the bloke in the pink hat.  Did you see him get shoved from behind when he celebrated the last goal?  He went flying about 4 rows in front and landed on others in front.

[/quote]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Interestingly Col U are are claiming only 12 ejected

A Colchester United spokesman said around a dozen Norwich fans were ejected from the home ends at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, but added on the whole fans had been well behaved in and around the ground.[/quote]I am pretty sure that I was the only one who was hauled out for going up to celbrate the 3rd goal.I heard some Colchester fans saying at half-time that some had gone up for the 2nd and when they complained to stewards nothing was done.  I do not believe this to be the case and think that they were just saying these things to tempt a few Norwich fans in to celebrating if and when another goal went in.They didn''t have to wait long for me to oblige them as I went up celebrating the Doc''s finish only to look around and realise that I appeared to be the only undercover City fan on my feet in the home stands.  About 20 Colchester muppets started grumbling to the Stewards and about 10 little jobsworth''s in orange coats moved in to earn their afternoons wages.I still had time to turn around and wind a good few of the Colchester fans up and join in with a couple of City songs before finding my way to the exit door though!  [;)]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Interestingly Col U are are claiming only 12 ejected A Colchester United spokesman said around a dozen Norwich fans were ejected from the home ends at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, but added on the whole fans had been well behaved in and around the ground.[/quote]

There were a lot more than 12 ejected trust me and thats was just in the sections either side of me, although most went willingly so maybe they didn''t count them.

Has to be said that despite that pudding Cowling doing his best to be a tool, most supporters don''t mind away fans among them so long as they don''t act stupidly.

The fact is that most people are reasonable - I''ve seen us from among the home fans at Poorman Road 7 times, and never had a problem; I have rellies who are season ticket holders and the guys around are well aware who I support, but I don''t go mad if we score. I was there for the 5-0 drubbing we got a few years back, I got plenty of ribbing and have never felt so awful during and after a game.

[quote user="mnc"][quote user="MC"]

OTBC

Was also sat near you, not far from the bloke in the pink hat.  Did you see him get shoved from behind when he celebrated the last goal?  He went flying about 4 rows in front and landed on others in front.

[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, I did see a pair of legs in the air about 4 rows further down than he should have been lol. The mega hard mockneys behind us went to kick off, for about 3 steps, then realised they arn''t actually hard at all and went and sat back down. Was quite a surreal experience to be honest, not come accross that level of stupidity for a long time, and I work in Yarmouth! Still, all added to the days entertainment. Makes you appreciate what we have in Carrow road when you visit these venues, and get a taste of what its like to be a Col U fan!

We were thrown out of the West stand after giving in and celebrating Oli''s goal(4th), I could contain myself no longer. Mr Cowling I think we won after surviving to the 4th goal, you really must try harder should the 2 teams ever meet again(which I doubt). Even my newly refurbished car(trashed by a mad female driver at Christmas) survived intact even though it looks like a shrine to NCFC.[;)]

Three of us sat in the West Stand on the half-way line, third row. Absolutely no problem at all. Disappointed by Colchester people pointing out City fans to the stewards when they clearly had done nothing at all. I saved ny celebrations for the walk to Colchester North car park. Hopefully we will not have to visit this dump again.

I was in the home end. So was my wife.

Two behind me were thrown out after the second goal. I saw another couple go to my left.

There were a lot of people around me smiling and appearing to enjoy the game.

I was also in the west stand right next to the amazing away support just managed to control my emotions ,there were at least 6 lads i reconised from barclay lower in front of me. They were in the front row and  gestering  to there mates in the away section right under the stewards noses quality.Most of the col utd fans were just shell shocked and were just interested in abusing lambert. otbcUmbrella [um]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Interestingly Col U are are claiming only 12 ejected

A Colchester United spokesman said around a dozen Norwich fans were ejected from the home ends at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, but added on the whole fans had been well behaved in and around the ground.[/quote]I am pretty sure that I was the only one who was hauled out for going up to celbrate the 3rd goal.I heard some Colchester fans saying at half-time that some had gone up for the 2nd and when they complained to stewards nothing was done.  I do not believe this to be the case and think that they were just saying these things to tempt a few Norwich fans in to celebrating if and when another goal went in.They didn''t have to wait long for me to oblige them as I went up celebrating the Doc''s finish only to look around and realise that I appeared to be the only undercover City fan on my feet in the home stands.  About 20 Colchester muppets started grumbling to the Stewards and about 10 little jobsworth''s in orange coats moved in to earn their afternoons wages.I still had time to turn around and wind a good few of the Colchester fans up and join in with a couple of City songs before finding my way to the exit door though!  [;)][/quote]Hahaha - you made it onto Radio Norfolk then. They were making comments like ''how many Colchester stewards does it take to eject one fan . . . . . . '' nice. Good to hear that you enjoyed you day out watching the lads Smudger and long may it continue. First time in ages I have enjoyed reading one of your posts.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]fans in the home end (nirwich fans) were all quite because they knew that they would get kicked out othereise!![/quote]

Or in my case my head ‘kicked in’- I was in the South Stand

amongst the home ‘hardcore’- Col U supporting relatives got tickets there as a joke I think! It

was both very frustrating and amusing in equal measures. I shouted a “1-0” as

Chrissy Martin’s first went in but luckily my relo-s were one side and a young

kid sat / stood next to me the other so got away with it! Had to resort to

pulling up my coat collar to hide my smug grin after No 2 went in (beaut finish

by the way!). When Doc banged in No. 3, my teeth were firmly gritted to stifle a reaction! 

After that it was ‘car-crash stuff’ as the “Col U Ultras”

got more and more wound up and understandably (given their team’s performance) resorted

to abuse of PL and cheering Norwich fans getting ejected as their entertainment.

I did have a chuckle at the “7-4 on aggregate” home chant when it was 3-0, there

were a few wry grins from people in our stand so I reckon I wasn’t the only infiltrator.

I‘m sure I heard a chorus of OTBC from our end of the ground somewhere towards

the end of the game, if so, top effort!

All in all an awesome performance both on and off the pitch[:)][:)]

My main confession was I was so bloody cold before the game I bought a Colchester hat to fool the stewards, was well worth the £6.99 I paid.

I was able to give a fist pump to all the goals and celebrate the 5th with Hollty looking straight at me and wondering why a bloke with a Col U hat was up and singing we f***ing love Grant Holt. Stewards didn''t know what to do!