Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Just back from Colchester

Great day! Great result! Great turnout by the Yellow Army. Definitely feels like we are on a promotion chase now. Great effort from the team, but to be fair the conditions were horrible and I felt from the word go that the state of the pitch would influence the game today. Never thought we would be such clear winners and even at 2- 0 at half time felt that any error by our boys would bring on the heat.

Listened to Aidy Boothroyd on BBC Essex on the way home, bleating about Norwich getting lucky and being gifted 4 out of the five goals. I guess we were buit they were so inept at dealing with the conditions on their own pitch, they deserved everything they got.

The game had everything you would want as a City fan, possibly with the exception of Hoolahan''s missed penalty, but Mike Dean was evidently spot on with his decision. Never like delays before pens are taken and the dithering about, drying and respotting the ball, probably distracted him from the task. I was hoping that he''d let Chris Martin take it to seal his hat-trick, but i guess they are all very competitive. Doc''s goal was the best for me and killed the game for them.

Cant really separate any player out for particularly better play than the rest, because they were all superb. Forster had a difficult time all afternoon as the goal mouths were really tricky and place kicking was tougher than normal.

The stadium is not bad for a third tier venue, and considering it is out of town, gets very congested after the game. We deviated into the Town Centre to try and avoid the worst of it but got caught up in some trouble, where several police public order teams were breaking up what looked like a bit of a standoff between fans outside one of the pubs.

Prize of the afternoon has got to go the Colchester kn#b who decided to go onto the pitch and try to goad 2000 of us into a fight. I think the laughing that it provoked was the perfect antidote, along with him being decked by the old bill into the puddles that covered that corner area.

good reviewGot to be THE best away game... maybe ever. If you could of written the script before the game, it wouldnt of been much different. Hendo sent off, 5 goals, oli johnson / doherty scoring infront of us, the fan falling over, the price of a beer in the playhouse.. it just goes on, amazing day out, brilliant feeling to get one over Colchester in the way we did, 1st place here we come.

Did anyone else get caught in the train station car park. Took us almost half an hour to get out of there.Once we got to the exit we couldn''t really see why it had taken so long.

[quote user="dickboy"]Please, urdie_canary, it''s "could have" and "wouldn''t have".[/quote]Great first post, well done.[Y]

[quote user="dickboy"]Please, urdie_canary, it''s "could have" and "wouldn''t have".[/quote]Great first post, well done.[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dickboy"]Please, urdie_canary, it''s "could have" and "wouldn''t have".[/quote]

Great first post, well done.

[Y]
[/quote]

Suitable username I notice as well![:P]

[quote user="methcanary"]Did anyone else get caught in the train station car park. Took us almost half an hour to get out of there.Once we got to the exit we couldn''t really see why it had taken so long.[/quote]

Yep, us too- when we got to the front of the queue the lights out onto the roundabout were stuck on red. Having sat waiting for a while we went through with them at red- here''s hoping there''s no cameras there!

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]Ok- how do you post quotes without all of the html appearing?[/quote]Choose compatability view in internet explorer options or download firefox.