Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty four of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Norwich in charge and making the final selections. Or to use his full name “PUP''s are City''s future ...(Norwich)” which, although a long name is just typical of his enthusiasm for this thread since he joined us in the summer. Now if you PUPs remember it was this enthusiasm that made me wonder if I should change the way we do things in order to let more of our new boys have a crack at the final selections. Thankfully I took the advice of you wise old PUPs and left it alone and it’s all worked out for the best as a few of the reserve list are getting a turn anyway. Now young Norwich has  been an ever present on the thread this season with a success rate of 70% having been correct in 16 of the 23 weeks. He also is stepping up to the plate in a rich vein of form with winning naps in 5 of the last 6 weeks.

So now it’s up to us PUPs to find winning naps to help our friend Norwich to be successful. There is a wider choice this week with many of the European leagues back off holiday. But again I’d ask you to bear in mind the weather conditions and pick games with a realistic chance of being played. It is to the enormous credit of all of you that you have managed this over the last couple of weeks. It’s not been easy to keep checking the weather forecast as well as the form but you PUPs have done us proud.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to young Alec now. As always there’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

This would be a great week to record another win in memory of our great friend Arrdee so good luck all you PUPs... take it away Alec... the free bet is yours...........[:)]............

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Almeria are playing Tenerife this week....so i fancy them to win, after Tenerife fell to Barcelona''s skill last weekend.

So Almeria Home win

Good Luck :D

Thanks Nutty, much appreciated.

6 picks will be chosen by some point Friday evening. I am grateful for anyone giving me a tip, I will bare all in mind and sorry if your pick doesn''t make it to the final selections, it is appreciated all the same.

Thanks again to everyone giving me this chance and everyone helping me on this journey! :P

My pick:

TOTTENHAM versus Hull-HOME WIN...

Thanks, and see ya all on Friday.

I''m going for a Celtic HOME WIN over Falkirk this week.  If that gets nuked because of weather, then I''ll take Porto HOME WIN over Pacos de Ferreria.

Easy peasy. Panathinaikos (top) to beat Panthrakikos (who have 2 points in 17 games...) Best of luck everyone!

Agree with chops, Burnley should never have appointed Laws. Failed at Sheff Wed in the champ so how will he do in the prem? Fail. Man Utd to beat Burnley for me.

Right...i''ve got to find a DRAW (well i want to [;)]) and i really fancy a Colchester Norwich Draw, but i cant cheer a team on to draw , especially my own team and because ive got to make my charge for the play offs [;)] I have noticed that there are alot of draws in the prem at the moment (last saturday 2 games 2 draws) so ill have a look in there ...(looking on bbc website) Now liverpool have not been on a good run of late and having to play reading tonight i just cant see liverpool beating stoke, so this week

my ''nap'' is

Stoke Vs Liverpool

!DRAW!

Good Luck [;)]PATNF

(pups are the norwich future?) well something like that [;)]

Put me down for a Panathinaikos home win as well please, top v bottom with Panthrakikos yet to win a game this season.

Panathinaikos.....home win.

Good luck Norwich and all this weeks pickers.[Y]

Man utd home win for me too

they will want payback after the loss away at the beggining of the season, expect it!

Oi Mr Bump, you got a bit lucky last week didn''t ya? i went to the bar happy and came back with a pint and 2 goals gone in, gutted!

Just one question, how come you tend to leave your selection until quite late every week, not just following the pack are you? [;)]

Laws is facing a tough challenge this weekend for his first game, and I can not see him improving on Burnley''s points this weekend.Consequently I am going to have to go for:Man Utd to beat BurnleyGood luck Norwich and all the PUPs.

Italy again for me this week. Despite them giving Inter (and a few of us) a fright last week, I can''t see Siena getting anything on their return to the San Siro this week. So for me its

AC Milan v Siena - Home Win

Milan sit 2nd and have won 7 of the last 8, Siena are bottom and have 8 straight away defeats

Good luck PUPs, and especially Norwich.

Good luck Norwich.

Can''t believe a full year has past since Ray''s sad passing. But I do know he''s the proudest man in Heaven looking down on us Pups each and every week.

At the end of last season I can remember a few posters saying "thank god Arrdee has missed us getting relegated", but I reckon the old boy is enjoying each and every moment of this season in League One as he casts his eye down towards Carrow Road every Saturday.

Can''t think of a more fitting week for us to win this week, so looking for a definate to beat the weather, I have selected NIGERIA to beat Benin in group c of the African Cup of Nations.

Good luck all pups

Leedscanary

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Good luck Norwich.

Can''t believe a full year has past since Ray''s sad passing. But I do know he''s the proudest man in Heaven looking down on us Pups each and every week.

At the end of last season I can remember a few posters saying "thank god Arrdee has missed us getting relegated", but I reckon the old boy is enjoying each and every moment of this season in League One as he casts his eye down towards Carrow Road every Saturday.

[/quote]

Still hard to take in, but as you say I''m sure Ray is smiling down on us.

Good luck Norwich and all PUP''s

This week for me it''s...

Kidderminster v Grays Athletic - Home Win

Back to Europe for me this week:

Schalke 04 -v- Nurnberg    HOME WIN

Schalke have played 17 [W10, D4, L3] with a points total of 34 and a GD of +13.  Nurnberg have also played 17 [W3, D3, L11] with a points total of 12 and a GD of -20.

Good Luck to Norwich and all our lovely PUPs  [:D]

My mates a Burnley fan, and I texted him when Laws was given the job. He''s in Argentina and didn''t know. He''s gutted. I''d bet him that Laws would get the job because

1) he''s cheap

2) he once played for them.

Just like Norwich did and that didn''t work out well did it....

OOps, Man Utd v Burnley - Man U win

Found a nice plump bird in the pantry. But that''s another story.

I think this could be the first time that a cockerel has done the stuffing (Nearly slipped up there)

Spurs to win by a mile.

My nap this week is AC Milan to beat Siena, Second place v bottom - and rubbish away record, should be a straight forward win.

Good Luck Norwich and all pickers, hope we have a good week.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Man utd home win for me too

they will want payback after the loss away at the beggining of the season, expect it!

Oi Mr Bump, you got a bit lucky last week didn''t ya? i went to the bar happy and came back with a pint and 2 goals gone in, gutted!

Just one question, how come you tend to leave your selection until quite late every week, not just following the pack are you? [;)]

[/quote]Haha yes. No not following the pack just thinking thoroughly about what game to go for.Panathinaikos to beat Panthrakikos [:O]

League 2 for me this week. Barnet with only one home defeat ( 5 6 1 17 7 ) v Lincoln ( 2 1 7 5 15 ) who are finding away goals hard to come by. So.......

Barnet v Lincoln City........Home win.

Good luck Norwich [Y] (both of you) [;)]

Maccabi Haifa seem unbeatable in the Israeli League (16 wins from 17) & they''re up against a team in pretty poor form.

So I think Hapoel Ramat Gan v Maccabi Haifa - Away Win is a pretty good bet

Good luck .......... Norwich [:)]

Thanks a lot for everyones picks so far, keep the, coming! I have found 4 certs but am still to contemplate on 2 more!

Sorry if I am being stupid here but what does it mean by like Barnet HOME (1 5 17 1 9)? Sorry!

[quote user="PUPs are Citys future Norwich"]Thanks a lot for everyones picks so far, keep the, coming! I have found 4 certs but am still to contemplate on 2 more! Sorry if I am being stupid here but what does it mean by like Barnet HOME (1 5 17 1 9)? Sorry![/quote]Barnet with only one home defeat ( 5 6 1 17 7 ).........( W5 D6 L1 F17 A7 ). Won, draw, lost, goals for, goals against. Hope that helps.