Sign in to follow this  
anon

Dario Dumic to Brondby

Could not see a thread...http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bold.dk%2Fnyt%2FBroendby-snupper-dansk-Norwich-talent&sl=da&tl=en

"Eighteen years ago switched Dario Dumic from Hvidovre in Norwich, but now faces the 17-year-old talent back home to Denmark. He will continue to play for Brøndby, which has been agreed with the English club about a move."

Apparently we signed him from them sometime around the time he was conceived.

Well done those scouts.

[quote user="7rew"]"Eighteen years ago switched Dario Dumic from Hvidovre in Norwich, but now faces the 17-year-old talent back home to Denmark. He will continue to play for Brøndby, which has been agreed with the English club about a move."

Apparently we signed him from them sometime around the time he was conceived.

Well done those scouts.[/quote]Must have looked sharp in the box.  [:#]

did a really quick bit of googling and can''t find anything even approaching an offical looking ''sauce''. not a hint of hp anywhere. hopefully he hasn''t left as i thought he was a pretty decent prospect.

The newspaper over here has comments from his agent and from Brøndby

stating that they expect him to start in Brøndby within a few days and

that everything has been agreed between the parties involved. He''s

supposedly back in Norwich these days to pack.

Looks pretty much done and dusted. He''s signing a 1½ years contract,

but there''s no indication mention of the transfer fee anywhere.

If this is true i guess it might mean that the club feels that Stephens is the better bet to make it although might be abit early for the club to make a good judgement on such a young player, unless maybe he wants to go home for personal reasons, is this definitely fact?

[quote user="hurricane"]Just put £10 on him to become a danish international within the next 5 years, got 250-1 not bad odds.....[/quote]Not a bad bet.

Are we sure there''s any truth in this or not?

I''m not too fussed if there is or not. He''s got decent stature and he''s ok to compete physically but football wise I don''t think he''s got much to offer.

[quote user="GJP"]

I''m not too fussed if there is or not. He''s got decent stature and he''s ok to compete physically but football wise I don''t think he''s got much to offer.

[/quote]

He''s only 18 (near enough) which is very young for a centre back, with the right coaching I think he could potentially be quite good.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

He''s only 18 (near enough) which is very young for a centre back, with the right coaching I think he could potentially be quite good.

[/quote]

It''s young in terms of reading the game and general experience maybe but in terms of technical ability on the ball I think most players have shown it by that age. I think he''s some way off the standard we''d be looking for in the first team. Certainly with the likes of Doherty, Nelson, Askou and Whitbread on the scene I doubt he''d be seeing much first team football with us for a long time, if ever.

It must be personal reasons, perhaps not settling etc as why would the club let one of its better youngsters leave? the fact he is going to the best team in Denmark suggests he must have ability.

i am very interested in this 250-1 bet mentioned earlier. does anyone know how to get this?

i have just emailed william hill who have said they are not willing to take the bet on?

[quote user="hoody"]i am very interested in this 250-1 bet mentioned earlier. does anyone know how to get this? i have just emailed william hill who have said they are not willing to take the bet on?[/quote]

because he has gone!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Guess he wanted to go back to Denmark ?!
Seems a shame to let a 17 year old with so much potential leave the club........
[/quote]

Assuming he has got that much potential.

If we had a real outstanding talent on our hands would Lambert be prepared to let him leave? (seemingly without much of a fight, if any fight at all)

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="hoody"]i am very interested in this 250-1 bet mentioned earlier. does anyone know how to get this? i have just emailed william hill who have said they are not willing to take the bet on?[/quote]

because he has gone!

[/quote]

You obviously haven''t read the rest of the thread you fool.

[quote user="GJP"]

Assuming he has got that much potential.

If we had a real outstanding talent on our hands would Lambert be prepared to let him leave? (seemingly without much of a fight, if any fight at all)

[/quote]I guess we dont know the behind the scenes stuff, kids been over here for ages so its not like hes un-settled. Could be any number of reasons.But your right, Lambert might have simply decided he doesnt / wont make the grade.