Sign in to follow this  
Metal Militia

Chris Martin

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Martin is out of contract in the Summer, is young and playing well, so could possibly leave on the cheap. I believe he is fustrated at a lack of any new contract offer (can''t say how I know). Which does appear odd, especially with Daley being given a new contract. Perhaps Lambert is trying to keep Martin focused on playing well?

Im Not sure if Im right

But i dont think he is Out of contract

Russell is

The Doc is

Cody is (city have the option of another year)

and thats it Out of the the match day squad i belive

Maybe Lambert is holding on to keep him working hard for a new contract. He might think if he gets a new contract he will feel satisfied and slow down.

He can''t leave for nothing either. And I should imagine that they are talking to him as so far as I am aware he is able to talk to other clubs which would be foolish.In previous years they have saved up this news and released it when another move doesnt materialise or when there is a quiet week. I should imagine that there are quite a few of the out of contract players in talks at the moment.If he was really that bothered I doubt he would be in the team. He is playing with confidence.

[quote user="Metal Militia"]Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Martin is out of contract in the Summer, is young and playing well, so could possibly leave on the cheap. I believe he is fustrated at a lack of any new contract offer (can''t say how I know). Which does appear odd, especially with Daley being given a new contract. Perhaps Lambert is trying to keep Martin focused on playing well?[/quote]

We all know what happened the last time Martin had his contract renewed, and he has only been back at the club for half a season.  The best time to offer him a renewal will be after promotion because we will have a better available budget than now and can then offer a better deal.  If he can''t wait and decides to move then he would be a fool because things are now really happening at this club.

As sure as I can be, he will be here for a fair while to come, He is not a big money grabbing type person, and he Loves his boyhood club love''s his home and family in Beccles. even when he was on loan to Luton he stayed at home and travelled up and down to Luton every day, I have on occasions met him in the town and we have talked for several minutes He has NCFC in his blood   

Can''t see Chris Martin getting an offer from a better club than Norwich.

I certainly do remember when he last had his contract renewed. His agent posted a load of BS about Man Utd sniffing around him and i''m not at all sure we didn''t buy it and offer him an overinflated contract. So not surprisingly he then sat on his backside for a year thinking he was alan shearer before getting punted down to Luton. Who i''m sure paid about 3% of his wages.

He''s come to his senses now but he still owes us big time in my view.

[quote user="pete_norw"]As sure as I can be, he will be here for a fair while to come, He is not a big money grabbing type person, and he Loves his boyhood club love''s his home and family in Beccles. even when he was on loan to Luton he stayed at home and travelled up and down to Luton every day, I have on occasions met him in the town and we have talked for several minutes He has NCFC in his blood   [/quote]

That`s really good to know.  I knew he was local but i must admit i didn`t realise he had any real affinity with the club as a supporter as such.  We`d be insane not to offer him a new contract- i honestly think that because of his age he is our most saleable asset. 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]As sure as I can be, he will be here for a fair while to come, He is not a big money grabbing type person, and he Loves his boyhood club love''s his home and family in Beccles. even when he was on loan to Luton he stayed at home and travelled up and down to Luton every day, I have on occasions met him in the town and we have talked for several minutes He has NCFC in his blood   [/quote]

That`s really good to know.  I knew he was local but i must admit i didn`t realise he had any real affinity with the club as a supporter as such.  We`d be insane not to offer him a new contract- i honestly think that because of his age he is our most saleable asset. 

[/quote]

He used to stand in the Barclay not far away from us.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]he can''t go on a free because he wa through the academy we get a fee what ever happens i think ??[;)][/quote]

The rule is that as he is under 24 years of age then a fee is payable, so there really is no pressure to renew his contract at the moment.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

He used to stand in the Barclay not far away from us.

[/quote]

Excellent stuff.  I`ll have to tell some people i know who moan about him "being lazy" and supposedly "not caring about his local club" [:)].

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but he did not travel back and forth everyday he and Mickey Spillane had an apartment!

not sure about the Norwich through and through either as he is an Arsenal fan

but hope he shines where ever he plays!!!

he''s a norwich fan, he''s an arsenal fan, he lived in an apartment, he travelled back and forth...

do people just make stuff up about players? who''s right in this case?

[quote user="SBLANL"]i hate to be the bearer of bad news but he did not travel back and forth everyday he and Mickey Spillane had an apartment! not sure about the Norwich through and through either as he is an Arsenal fan but hope he shines where ever he plays!!![/quote]

Sorry, but I think I know differant, as to the apartment, it was only used when they had mid week games,  

He definately drove to Luton for training. He is a local lad and i am sure he loves the club. Even if he didn''t support Norwich they were his local club and they made him the player he is.

[quote user="SBLANL"]i hate to be the bearer of bad news but he did not travel back and forth everyday he and Mickey Spillane had an apartment! not sure about the Norwich through and through either as he is an Arsenal fan but hope he shines where ever he plays!!![/quote]

Where do you get your info from? lol  I follow lots of teams but my one true love is NCFC [;)]

I for one am not known for billy bullshitting, I remember Chrissy because he told us lot in the LB where he stood about his future NC career. I am sure those that stood in the LB can confirm him standing there following his team as a young lad.

thats where the youth team used to get the free tickets for the games!!

not sure if they still do but they used to get two per player!!

it does not matter how i Know what i know!

you can take it or leave it!!

[quote user="a1canary"]he''s a norwich fan, he''s an arsenal fan, he lived in an apartment, he travelled back and forth...

do people just make stuff up about players? who''s right in this case?[/quote]

About seven years ago I use to smuggle pints out of the Loaves and Fishes bar for the underage Martin and a couple of his mates.His favourite team at that time was Shrewsbury.

[quote user="SBLANL"]i loved the loaves part from when it was flooded!!!![/quote]

Do you remember Skip, Tim and Richard behind the bar?

Not sure of there names i live next to a skip round the corner!! the place still has all of the beer glasses stacked up in the bar!!

[quote user="SBLANL"]Not sure of there names i live next to a skip round the corner!! the place still has all of the beer glasses stacked up in the bar!![/quote]

Ah, dear ol'' Skip and his model trains - tell him some chap from Cromer sends his regards, he''ll know who you mean.Can''t believe the place wasn''t taken over as a going concern, it use to get hell of a busy through the summer.There''s another chap, a raving alcoholic who use to whistle as to beckon imaginary birds of prey who got banned from the bar a couple of times, but his name I don''t recall.He was hysterical.

ok i will and that train set is taking up a perfectly good garage and space that i would love!!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="a1canary"]he''s a norwich fan, he''s an arsenal fan, he lived in an apartment, he travelled back and forth...

do people just make stuff up about players? who''s right in this case?[/quote]

About seven years ago I use to smuggle pints out of the Loaves and Fishes bar for the underage Martin and a couple of his mates.His favourite team at that time was Shrewsbury.[/quote]Ah, so we can all blame Shyster for getting poor old Christopher into all that bother in Beccles then.......